• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ploom - new high tech pipe, for cigar smokers?

pureflavor

Hello all,

I'm the co-founder of a San Francisco company that recently launched a new pipe tobacco product called Ploom.

It heats special tobacco-containing capsules called "Ploom Pods" to just the point where they release a flavorful vapor, without burning or the side effects of combustion.

We've seen a lot of sales and interest from cigar smokers. The experience is quite different, but many cigar enthusiasts are surprised by the clean, intense tobacco flavor. This surprised us, too, since many of our blends have a good deal of top flavoring and were aimed more at the social cigarette or hookah smoker.

Due to the interest in pure tobacco, we're starting to work on lines with no added flavor. We've experimented with tobacco taken from some famous cigars, and the results are very promising. The process is more like steeping tea, so we can preserve the aroma of the unlit tobacco. Even non-smokers don't find the smell offensive. To the contrary, most everyone finds it pleasant, and it can be used indoors even most places where smoking is banned.

I wanted to get a discussion started online about how the product is perceived relative to cigars.

Also, we are looking for territory reps in all corners of the U.S. If you are interested or have any recommendations, please let me know.

For more info on the product and company, you can visit: ploom.com

Our first unflavored blend is affectionately called Naked. It's not in the main storefront yet, but you can find it with this link: ploom.com/blendx

Regards,
Adam

Honestly, my opinion (as I'm sure most cigars enthusiast will be) is "why bother at all".

I can see it with cigarettes maybe as this type of smoker is looking for a nicotine delivery system that is politically correct, and will not offend others around them.

Cigar smoking to me is associated with relaxation, and tasting the rolled up leaves, the smell, the feel, etc. are all a part of the 1 to 2 hours I get from sitting down with my favorite smoke of the day.

Quite the opposite of cigarette smokers ........ We try to be conscientious of others around us, but we don't care about being politically correct, or the possible health risk we don't think compare at all.

In case anyone is wondering, Adam asked me if he could post this. I said it was fine, as the product is different than your typical e-cigarette; kind of an interesting idea.

I'd try it if I was drunk. :thumbs:

I'd try it if I was drunk. :thumbs:

If I had a dollar for every time I've said that and had something good come out of it...I'd be one broke sumbitch. :sign:

It's an interesting idea, but I can't see myself ever trying it. I couldn't use it here, anyway. All the new "e-smoking" devices are just as verboten as the real deal up here.

Sounds like an interesting idea. Not something that I will try, but I do wish you luck in your new adventure.

Interesting concept and the designed form factor is both elegant and high tech looking....the counter display, the Model One, right down to the pods and their packaging. Well done!

A little pricey to start off with, but would love to come across one to try in a restaurant.

Good luck Adam and keep us informed of your progress.

They say, "Necessity is the mother of invention". I just don't find it necessary.

Doc.

Honestly, my opinion (as I'm sure most cigars enthusiast will be) is "why bother at all".

Indeed. The smoke is the POINT. If I can't be wreathed in glorious clouds of fragrant tobacco smoke, I'll just wait until I get home and can be.

~Boar

I think it looks interesting. Could replace minis and such. If I could load a pod with pipe tobacco and it passes the wife sniff test (nothing has yet) so I could be inside in the winter I'd give it a shot.

I think it looks interesting. Could replace minis and such. If I could load a pod with pipe tobacco and it passes the wife sniff test (nothing has yet) so I could be inside in the winter I'd give it a shot.

I think that is a really good point. If you could do this with pipe tobacco I think it could be a very interesting option

We've experimented with premium pipe & cigar tobaccos. It's quite amazing. And yes, definitely passes the sniff test.

What's your favorite pipe tobacco? Maybe we can make up some samples. (It's a bit more complicated than just sticking it in a pod).

Adam

I have an e-cig that I use everyday (needed to quit smoking). The tobacco and cigar flavored liquids are fantastic and very tasty! Best thing... No smell! I would like to try the Ploom! It sounds like a interesting idea!

Hey I use e-cig and I would love to try this ploom once..It is better to use it as no smell , no ash and economic also.

I will agree with the other guys, I am not addicted to the cigar as much as I am addicted to experience. (i.e touch, smell, bite, friends, cloud of smoke)

I think this has merit for people I'm colder environments. Priced pretty well too. Good luck and keep us posted. Do we get a discount?:rolleyes: