• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Reinado Cigars - Recent Cigar Review!

armhsmoker

Reinado Cigars
REVIEW: Reinado Robusto (5.5x50)

Renaido cigars are a handmade, small batch tobacco that is aged 5 years and comes from Cuban seed and grown and fermented in Nicaragua.
Appearance: Cigar looked beaitiful, like a dark earthy chocolate bar.
Pre-light: great barnyard, cinnamon, and cedar

1st THIRD: Wow! Right out of the gate I got a wonderful baker's chocolate and cinnamon, rounded out with rich earth and cedar. I strap in and prepare to enjoy. Great smoke production and I am finding this cigar to be a pleasure. The flavors are balanced and the baker's chocolate (dry, unsweetened, almost savory, like a Mexican hot chocolate is right in my WHEELHOUSE! Don't laugh, I thought of a less sweet Padron and don't think I use that reference lightly!

2nd THIRD: the cigar continues to build and while flavors come and go, I am pleasantly surprised by how refined this cigar is. As I smoke this I realize that this cigar could easily be smoked in the morning when you have had a good breakfast and are drinking an espresso or a high % hot chocolate with very little sugar.

Final THIRD: sad this cigar is coming to a close yet very happy to have discovered a cigar that I see moving into my rotation.

Ok, full disclosure.

1) Three cigars were given to me by Anotnia and I smoked two.

2) Both cigars had a tighter draw than I am used to but in no way could they be construed as plugged or did it detract from my enjoyment of this cigar. Finally, during the last third, I had trouble keeping the cigar lit. But it travelled a while and i maybe should have let it rest longer, THEN I had technical issue with my lighter. Given the cigar is new, it may still be a little wet. I am willing to be of these were to sit a few weeks longer, I wonder how much better they would have been and the "slightly" tight draw been mitigated, if not ameliorated.

3) The best complement I can give this cigar is that I gave the 3rd to a gentleman who is a good friend and is the president of a cigar club near where I live. I don't pass on junk and it is my hope that people while try this cigar and enjoy it as much as I did after he recommends it. I am almost sure he will.

ENJOYED: VERY MUCH
VALUE: for a small batch Nicaraguan Puro aged 5 years at 7.95?! DEFINITELY!
BOX WORTHY: for me, ABSOLUTELY!

Long Ashes!
Jack Linos

I really need to find a few more of these. The one I got was pretty outstanding!

These are great cigars. I was extremely happy with the sample I received and reviewed.

Thank you for the great comments b.dawgson and bluue13. It's good to know the Reinado brand is being appreciated. If you do not have a retailer near you the blend can be purchased direct at ReinadoCigars.com under the "Buy" section.

Best,
Antonio

Aren't you the rep that's been on here pushing these cigars for the last year? Same screen name, so...?

So one could surmise that your review is biased? ??? :p

souldog if you look next to the pic in the review you will see that this Reinado review was conducted by a gentleman known as Jack Linos who reviews cigar blends. I had nothing to do with the write up. Hope I clarified that. Thank you.

All and All way to keep things on the up and up and a good discussion.

I love these cigars! Can't wait to try the El Emperador that was thrown in to my last order.

I'll do a reveiw.

Thanks kona1000. If the members would like to ask any questions please do so. I will be sending out FREE samples to the first 5 replies after this post. Good luck to all! Happy holidays!

Antonio,

I would love to grab another for the humi and a couple of your other new releases.

Thanks,
Dave

i want to try them and make a review, if you send me a sampler

thxs

Nisim

You offered to send me a free sampler a while back, so I sent you my address. I never got anything. I'd still like to try them.

Hook me up Antonio, I'd love to give a few of these a try and give you an unbiased review.

PM sent.

souldog if you look next to the pic in the review you will see that this Reinado review was conducted by a gentleman known as Jack Linos who reviews cigar blends. I had nothing to do with the write up. Hope I clarified that. Thank you.

I didnt know either until reading Antonio's explanation that this was a review from someone else.

Is Jack Linos a CP member? If so we have a place for cigar reviews.

If not, why are you posting other people's reviews here? Is he someone known in the industry?

I can appreciate you and the other manufacturers posting and supporting this community, but not sure starting a new thread with another person's review about your own cigar is what this forum is for.

Just my $.02

But Al, everyone wants to try his cigars... :sign:

Im pretty new here but it does seem
odd. I'm with Al on this one.

I didnt know either until reading Antonio's explanation that this was a review from someone else.

Is Jack Linos a CP member? If so we have a place for cigar reviews.

If not, why are you posting other people's reviews here? Is he someone known in the industry?

I can appreciate you and the other manufacturers posting and supporting this community, but not sure starting a new thread with another person's review about your own cigar is what this forum is for.

Just my $.02

^This is exactly what I was referring to. It just strikes me odd that you'd re-post someone else's review for your cigar under your name. I failed to catch the first time that this review was not your own... And I agree with Al, I don't know that making a thread about your own cigar's review is in good taste. It just seems, I don't know, kinda bizarre.

You offered to send me a free sampler a while back, so I sent you my address. I never got anything. I'd still like to try them.

^This is exactly what has turned me off to your Reinado line. You created a thread a while ago, I sent and resent my information to try some samples, but they never came and after being question as to the status of your promised samples by several members, their concerns were never addressed and you carried on.

Please understand and do not misinterpret this as a tantrum to try to get some free cigars for you. I am officially turned off from your line. I think a man should operate his business with a certain code of honor and integrity, and in my estimation re-posting a review that was written by someone else for your line is self-promoting and distasteful. Your product's reputation should stand on it's own merit. Additionally, promising free samples to members, replying in PMs that they will be sent, and then failing to make good on a promise to send them will do more harm to your reputation than good.

Your target audience inhabits a small community where everybody talks, and these types of practices travel further than you'd expect. Like I said, I don't know you personally, and I don't want you thinking I've got a bone to pick with you, and if I come off that way I apologize. I just thought I'd take the time to give you the perspective of a potential customer, who spent some time visiting your site and trying to track down some of your cigars to buy and possibly promote within his group of contacts, but ultimately became disenchanted by your perceived actions. Take it for what it's worth, I wish you the best. :thumbs: