• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Texas Craft Beer

Smokin'Sims

Gettin' my nerd on, Hopp Schwiez!
There are some odd laws in Texas regarding the import and labeling of beer. These laws basically make things be labeled beer, ale or malt liquor based on alcohol percentages (as it was explained to me). It also prohibited a brewery from advertising where you could purchase their beer. It also prohibits importing beer into the state, while allowing wine to be shipped in to individuals. Nor can you buy beer at the brewery, but can purchase wine directly at the winery. I'm posting all this as background because the advertisement and labeling laws were deemed unconstitutional in a US district court. However, the shipping end was not supported. You can read more about it here. http://jesterkingbre...ore-beer-in-tx-

Yeah, its one of the problems of living in the bible belt... we need to get to work on removing the blue laws...

Despite the problems in Texas it is MUCH better than Mississippi. Any beer 6% and above is illegal in the state.

The things that weren't ruled for in Jester King's favor are going to be near impossible to overturn. The selling of beer at a brewery may never happen due to the Distributor's lobbying efforts that put money in the politician's pockets. I don't know why they think people won't continue to buy the BMC swill in stores that 90% of people drink in this state if a small law like that is repealed. It would make brewery only releases possible and breweries may actually bottle some of the more experimental things they make if it means they don't have to have it shipped all over the state in large quantities

Hopefully this new ruling will mean more out of state breweries will want to send their beer here though! Looking forward to the day I can buy Founders, Bell's, Bruery, and Firestone Walker right down the street instead of having it imported from friends and online stores. :)