• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Spell Check is Gone...

ironpeddler

Ye Old Newbie
I use FireFox as my browser and as of the last update, the spell checker is no longer working when I'm here at CP....it works on othe sites, just not here.

Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks

My speling is inpekable Gary, I have not had a prablem.

It's a firefox issue. I've given up on FF for the most part; seems they're only concerned about their version number rather than quality of the software. I've switched to Chrome.

It's a firefox issue. I've given up on FF for the most part; seems they're only concerned about their version number rather than quality of the software. I've switched to Chrome.

Me too. I used to be a firefox fanatic, now Chrome is all I use. (Except those stupid PC's at work that still run IE).

I have a spelling checker,
It came with my PC.
It plane lee marks four my revue
Miss steaks aye can knot sea.
Eye ran this poem threw it,
Your sure reel glad two no.
Its vary polished in it's weigh.
My checker tolled me sew.
A checker is a bless sing,
It freeze yew lodes of thyme.
It helps me right awl stiles two reed,
And aides me when eye rime.
Each frays come posed up on my screen
Eye trussed too bee a joule.
The checker pours o'er every word
To cheque sum spelling rule.
Bee fore a veiling checker's
Hour spelling mite decline,
And if we're lacks oar have a laps,
We wood bee maid too wine.
Butt now bee cause my spelling
Is checked with such grate flare,
Their are know fault's with in my cite,
Of nun eye am a wear.
Now spelling does knot phase me,
It does knot bring a tier.
My pay purrs awl due glad den
With wrapped word's fare as hear.
To rite with care is quite a feet
Of witch won should bee proud,
And wee mussed dew the best wee can,
Sew flaw's are knot aloud.
Sow ewe can sea why aye dew prays
Such soft wear four pea seas,
And why eye brake in two averse
Buy righting want too pleas.

Thanks Rod.

I'm so deep in FF on 4 different computers (all sync'd) with 100's of bookmarks and saved passwords that I hate to change now. I'll just have to pay attention to my spelling more!

I have a spelling checker,
It came with my PC.
It plane lee marks four my revue
Miss steaks aye can knot sea.
Eye ran this poem threw it,
Your sure reel glad two no.
Its vary polished in it's weigh.
My checker tolled me sew.
A checker is a bless sing,
It freeze yew lodes of thyme.
It helps me right awl stiles two reed,
And aides me when eye rime.
Each frays come posed up on my screen
Eye trussed too bee a joule.
The checker pours o'er every word
To cheque sum spelling rule.
Bee fore a veiling checker's
Hour spelling mite decline,
And if we're lacks oar have a laps,
We wood bee maid too wine.
Butt now bee cause my spelling
Is checked with such grate flare,
Their are know fault's with in my cite,
Of nun eye am a wear.
Now spelling does knot phase me,
It does knot bring a tier.
My pay purrs awl due glad den
With wrapped word's fare as hear.
To rite with care is quite a feet
Of witch won should bee proud,
And wee mussed dew the best wee can,
Sew flaw's are knot aloud.
Sow ewe can sea why aye dew prays
Such soft wear four pea seas,
And why eye brake in two averse
Buy righting want too pleas.

Danny, has anyone ever told you that you are a wise ass!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks Rod.

I'm so deep in FF on 4 different computers (all sync'd) with 100's of bookmarks and saved passwords that I hate to change now. I'll just have to pay attention to my spelling more!

You know you can transfer all your bookmarks/settings/etc from FF to Chrome? Then, you would use a gmail account for sync'ing the other computers.

I was very hesitant to make the change from FF to Chrome for the same reason, but it only took about 2 mins to get everything transferred over to Chrome.

...ever hear of this program called "Internet Explorer"...?? It's the one I've been using at home since FF let in the worst virus infestation I've ever seen.

Works great, fast, stable....you should try it sometime.... :p

The only problem I have with IE, is that you can't sync all your bookmarks/personal settings on multiple computers. Or at least I haven't found an easy way of doing it.

FF has foxsync (or something like that), and Chrome uses your gmail account to sync all your stuff on multiple computers. Once IE comes out with something like that, I would probably make the switch back...

Thanks Rod.

You know you can transfer all your bookmarks/settings/etc from FF to Chrome? Then, you would use a gmail account for sync'ing the other computers.

I was very hesitant to make the change from FF to Chrome for the same reason, but it only took about 2 mins to get everything transferred over to Chrome.

Wow...that was easy...and now my spell checker is back!

Thanks for the tip...what are the steps to sync my other computers with a G-Mail account? I couldn't find a tutorial online for that. All I get when I search for it are ads to sell me software to do it.

...ever hear of this program called "Internet Explorer"...?? It's the one I've been using at home since FF let in the worst virus infestation I've ever seen.

OK smart ass...I got your message.... :laugh:

I had the same bad experience with IE, a full crash scenario with a desktop 3-4 years ago that made me make the jump to FF. I hardly use IE anymore.

Thanks Rod.

Thanks for the tip...what are the steps to sync my other computers with a G-Mail account? I couldn't find a tutorial online for that. All I get when I search for it are ads to sell me software to do it.

I had the same bad experience with IE, a full crash scenario with a desktop 3-4 years ago that made me make the jump to FF. I hardly use IE anymore.

All you need to do is install Chrome on your other computers, then click on the wrench icon in the upper right, choose options, then under Personal Stuff there is a button that say Sync with your Google account, you just put in your email address and password.

Thanks Rod.

All you need to do is install Chrome on your other computers, then click on the wrench icon in the upper right, choose options, then under Personal Stuff there is a button that say Sync with your Google account, you just put in your email address and password.

Sweet...I can't thank you enough brother!

Thanks Rod.

Sweet...I can't thank you enough brother!

You are very welcome sir. Enjoy the new browser!