• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mets going "Billy Ball"?

The Mets are going cheap for now, which means last place in the NL East. The Wilpon's are trying to hold off having to sell the club outright. They sold 5 minority shares at $20 million each. That way they could repay the two loans they had outstanding and hope that after the Madoff trial they could still be around. Bottom line you can't run a team on the cheap and expect fans to buy tickets.

They lowered the prices, but I rather see a Brooklyn Cyclone game for the price and the quality of the play. Diehard fan since 1962, when I saw my first Mets game at the Polo Grounds!

Yeah, the Mets going from $142 mil to $90 mil is a much bigger slashing than when Florida cut 75% off its payroll.

It's a good time for Mets haters, because the only way any of these hacks can write something interesting is if they remind you of the money Wilpon is in debt for.

Split season tickets with a guy 2007, 2008, 2009. Finally had enough in 2010 and said no more, 2011 they begged us to come back and we resisted. Problem is literally any game you want to go to you can walk up to ticket window on game day and sit wherever you want.

Made a mistake in not trading Reyes, but they will get draft picks so it's not as big of a deal as all of the casual fans who call WFAN make it out to be.

They are better off with the draft picks. Considering he was hurt at the trade deadline, they wouldn't have gotten much back in return.

The Reyes thing was a no win type of thing. He can't stay healthy a complete year. If we signed him and he got hurt everyone would say why did you sign him. He now is Florida's problem. If he has a great year ok, if he goes lame ok too. The current problem is the money owed Santana and Bay, if you get marginal production out of them you are screwed. The only hope is if Santana re-injuries himself again the insurance plan kicks in.

Edited to add they will be lucky to win 58-62 games.

Yeah, the Mets going from $142 mil to $90 mil is a much bigger slashing than when Florida cut 75% off its payroll. It's a good time for Mets haters, because the only way any of these hacks can write something interesting is if they remind you of the money Wilpon is in debt for.

By "good time", do you mean a day ending in "Y"?

One thing that could help the Mets win more then 70 games is that all the power bats in the NL are leaving for the American League, and their lineup is on par with most of the other teams besides the Cardinals

Yeah, the Mets going from $142 mil to $90 mil is a much bigger slashing than when Florida cut 75% off its payroll.

It's a good time for Mets haters, because the only way any of these hacks can write something interesting is if they remind you of the money Wilpon is in debt for.

Doesn't 90mm still put them higher than almost half the teams in MLB?

Unfortunately for the Mets they are in the biggest market and they are acting like a small market team. I don't want them to constantly overspend, but they have not spent wisely. The current regime is kind of at the other end of the spectrum. They are spending almost too prudently, but they are a train wreck right now. I wish they would have decided to "rebuild" a few years back but they refuse to say that word because they are a NY team. Sometimes, I wonder if the Mets even know WTF they are doing.

I am a little more excited about baseball than I thought I would be, but I'm also glad I have MLB.tv to stream through PS3 because I have a feeling it's gonna get really boring watching the Mets come June. Just have to hope for the best over the next few years until they get some guys in the minors to mature and continue to develop through the draft.

Unfortunately for the Mets they are in the biggest market and they are acting like a small market team. I don't want them to constantly overspend, but they have not spent wisely. The current regime is kind of at the other end of the spectrum. They are spending almost too prudently, but they are a train wreck right now. I wish they would have decided to "rebuild" a few years back but they refuse to say that word because they are a NY team. Sometimes, I wonder if the Mets even know WTF they are doing.

I am a little more excited about baseball than I thought I would be, but I'm also glad I have MLB.tv to stream through PS3 because I have a feeling it's gonna get really boring watching the Mets come June. Just have to hope for the best over the next few years until they get some guys in the minors to mature and continue to develop through the draft.

You don't need MLB Live to watch the OTHER New York baseball team... :whistling: