• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Boulevard Chocolate Ale

fatman1267

Had my first glass of the Chocolate Ale tonight. The local bar has it on tap. I have got to say, IT WAS AMAZING! Think if chocolate milk and your favorite beer had sex, this is what the offspring would be. The nose is pure chocolate cocoa, the flavor is a smooth almost farmhouse ale taste with a strong somewhat sweet chocolate flavor. The finish is pure cocoa goodness too. I didn't know what to expect, but was blown away. I don't think I would want to drink too much of it at one time, but as a one-off, it is worth the effort. Now that I've had it from the tap, I can't wait to get my bottle.

Funny, I almost picked that up last night! I'll pick up a bottle on Wednesday now.

They finally released it in KC this week, and it was total chaos. People lined up outside of stores before they opened. Their phones were ringing off the hook with people calling about it.

Yeah, I didn't get it Wednesday night. Sold out in two days here! Day late and a dollar short....

After I saw this thread I picked up a bottle on Monday or Tuesday at the big B&M I frequent. I read the new posts today and wished I had picked up a few more. I checked with my B&M and then a few others on this side of the river and they were all sold out. I called one on the other side of the river and they said they have something like 240 bottles. :thumbs: I may have to make the trip over after work even though it's about an hour drive.

Larry, you could be my new best friend. LOL

See if you can but multiple bottles, I would buy up to 10!

I had this on tap over the week-end. It was good but I was expecting a very dark beer but it was light in color.

I freaking love the Boulevard Smokestack series. I have yet to try the Choc Ale though.

Well, as good as the draft was, the bottle was quite the letdown. I checked the batch and mine wasn't one of the recalled lots. It just wasn't as sharp or as flavorful as it was from the tap. Guess I know where I'm gonna get my fix at next year.

I haven't tried it on tap, but shared a bottlee of it with Mas_Puros and it was awesome. I wouldn't mind having several bottles on hand.

I tried it Rogue, it didn't do all that much for me. Gives me an excuse to try it again.

Young's :thumbs:

Harpoon makes a seasonal chocolate stout that I found last year and wish I'd bought more of, it gives Young's a run for its money.

Don't know if you guys get Rogue Ale on that side of the country, but if you do and like chocolate you would most likely love their Chocolate Stout. Take a look...

http://www.rogue.com...olate-stout.php

Haven't tried the regular, but have tried the Double. Not bad, but not my favorite chocolate stout.

If I'm in the mood for a chocoate stout, Southern Tier is the choice for me. Can't drink too much of it, but it is tasty.

I tried it Rogue, it didn't do all that much for me. Gives me an excuse to try it again.

The Rogue isn't bad. Young's Double Chocolate Stout is worthwhile tying out.

IMO the Young's is much better from the can than the bottle with the Nitrogen widget.

It is funny to see this because I was just at a local spot here in NH and they had both of these and I didnt know which one to get so I got both. I didn't se it in the can but will look again after work today. John so it pours like Guiness in the can vs. the draft bottle? I like the can Guiness better than the bottle. Boy now in thirsty!

Cans are the way to go with Youngs, at least in my experience. Although I'd love to find it on draft somewhere :love: