• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bragging Dad

BGlover

Well my son's baseball team, the 7 year old Red Sox had a big win tonight (23-18) after playing a drooler of a game and getting their rear ends handed to them two nights ago. My bragging, more specifically, is related to my son's hitting. Now you have to understand, he's not a "natural" athlete. Unfortunately, he got his mother's athletically ability which is slim to none. Last year, he struck out more times than he got on base and it was painful to watch and not be able to "fix" it. I wasn't sure he'd ever want to play baseball again after last season. However, he committed this year to practicing hard and letting me work on his swing mechanics every time in the cage and he has turned into quite the little hitter. Went 4 for 4 tonight with two singles, a double, and a triple and 4 RBI's. This is one proud Dad right here!!!

That's awesome man! Tell him to keep up the good work, practice makes perfect.

That's great, man. It's awesome to hear of kids these days with that sort of stick-to-it-ivness! Congrats!

Now, I'm not trying to wish time away, but I can't wait until my son (14 mos) is old enough to play ball!

The best days of your life are today, tomorrow, the next..........

Thanks for sharing.

That is where an involved father is important. Congrats to you and your son.

The best days of your life are today, tomorrow, the next..........

Thanks for sharing.

You got that right!!

That's great, man. It's awesome to hear of kids these days with that sort of stick-to-it-ivness! Congrats!

Now, I'm not trying to wish time away, but I can't wait until my son (14 mos) is old enough to play ball!

Cherish every moment bro. As much as I love this part of my son's life, there are times I really miss that little baby boy stage.

Awesome deal, if you can't brag about your kids then whats the point in bragging at all. I love to see dads who actually spend time with their kids.

Way to go little dude and keep up the great work.

Thanks guys! My son is definitely a great kid and I am very proud of him - especially compared to some of the little heathens that I see around. I wonder sometimes how the hell some of these parents have lost their minds to the point of letting these kids rule the roost. My son is no perfect little angel but he knows when and where the lines are drawn, I've made sure of that.

Thanks guys! My son is definitely a great kid and I am very proud of him - especially compared to some of the little heathens that I see around. I wonder sometimes how the hell some of these parents have lost their minds to the point of letting these kids rule the roost. My son is no perfect little angel but he knows when and where the lines are drawn, I've made sure of that.

Kudos to your son for his 4 for 4 and the same to you for being a responsible pro-active parent.

Enjoy your time your time with him.

That's great! I don't have sons to teach the game to anymore, but my grandsons are my new students, they do seem to be catching on to the mechanics of hitting. Keep up the good job!

That really is great for you and your son....Nothing breeds lots of success more than a little success.