• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Etiquette question: Bump old reviews when reporting on previously smok

SkyKing

Etiquette question: Last night I enjoyed the
PDR 1878 CUBANO ESPECIAL CAPA MADURO ROBUSTO DOMINICAN REPUBLIC

included in a CI sampler.

I considered writing a review and also wanted to know what fellow CP members thought about the stick. Using search, I found that Scott1996 reviewed the cigar in May of 2010.

While I enjoyed the stick from start to finish, I can't honestly add much more than a "me too" to his review but still wanted to recommend the cigar.

I could either (a) write a new review from scratch or (b) bump the review with a few notes of my own. Is there an etiquette or community preference on this?

Thanks to all CPrs by the way. Kind of fell in with the right bunch, I think.

By the way, I give the "PDR 1878" a b+ in quality and an A in value.

For a review...do you own thread and maybe reference Scott's with a link to it!

I agree with Gary if you're doing a full review of a stick.

On the other hand, I see nothing wrong at all bumping a thread if what you have to say is "...I agree with the original review...." and want to offer some impressions.

No real hard and fast "rules" on this....use your own good judgement.

JMHO, etc.....B.B.S.

A simple "me too" response is just not worth bumping an older thread. If you can add some real substance to the original review, then bumping it is appropriate. A new review thread is always the best option, with a link to the older review to help keep a connection .

Get with the program BBS! If you attended the monthly CP VIP meetings instead of those Interpersonal Modern Man seminars, you would already know the right answers.

I've never been invited to the CP VIP meetings, I'm still a plebe.... :p

You are off base on the "Modern Man" seminars...way off. I usually spend my recreational time in those places where you can get a $5 steak dinner and spend lots of money, a dollar at a time..... :whistling:

SkyKing....pictures are always welcome, especially of the label so others can more easily identify the cigar if they come across one. A lot of older reviews lack pictures because CP didnt have the convenience of the gallery uploads.

Cigar blends change. After two years a new review would be appropriate in my opinion.

Doc