• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2008 NHL Playoff Contest.

Two reasons for this post:

1) Just to bump it to the front of the line again. Hopefully some FOGs have just "overlooked" the potential to win 24 premium-type sticks. :)

2) Throwing my two-cents in about the blind draw. I totally agree with that. It's just more polite for this kind of "long distance" wagering.

Anyway, let's drum up some action for the 6 remaining slots.

If you are going to do a blind draw for the teams, you can put me down for two spots if we can have multiple teams.

Ok, so for the blind draw, I figure I'll have 2 hats, one with player names and one with team names. We'll draw one player name and one team name each round, till they're all gone. I'll have the wife do the drawing and I'll log the results. This sound kosher to all involved?

Jonsey, got ya added for one spot for now. I figure once we get closer to playoffs starting if we still have empty spots we can open it up to people that want to buy in for another. Sound good?

This my first time setting something like this up, so thanks for bearing with me guys.

Count me in. Glad you went to blind draw that's why i'm in. When are the sticks due?

You don't understand. I hate the Habs. With my luck they'd win.

Doc.

Ok, we have all 16 players!

Tomorrow ends the regular season, so the blind draw will take place this week sometime, and then the fun begins!

Good luck to all!

I stand corrected. According to NHL.com, the playoff teams are (in order of seed).

Eastern Conference
1. Pittsburg Penguins
2. Montreal Canadians
3. Washington Capitals
4. New Jersey Devils
5. New York Rangers
6. Ottowa Senators
7. Boston Bruins
8. Philadelphia Flyers

Western Conference
1. Detroit Red Wings
2. San Jose Sharks
3. Minnesota Wild
4. Anaheim Ducks
5. Dallas Stars
6. Colorado Avalanche
7. Calgary Flames
8. Nashville Predators

Ok, so for the blind draw, I figure I'll have 2 hats, one with player names and one with team names. We'll draw one player name and one team name each round, till they're all gone. I'll have the wife do the drawing and I'll log the results. This sound kosher to all involved?

Jonsey, got ya added for one spot for now. I figure once we get closer to playoffs starting if we still have empty spots we can open it up to people that want to buy in for another. Sound good?

This my first time setting something like this up, so thanks for bearing with me guys.

Sounds like a good plan! :thumbs:

Posting the draws in the order that the wife drew them here. NHL.com is showing all playoff spots clinched.

br174 - Pittsburg Penguins

Black Cloud - Anaheim Ducks

pdelone - Calgary Flames

5 Oc'lock - Washington Capitals

Yojimbo - Dallas Stars

SmokinSims - Boston Bruins

CigarStone - Minnesota Wild

gta - Colorado Avalanche

imaman - Ottowa Senators

thatsonofa - Detroit Red Wings

Zippo - New York Rangers

bimmer - Nashville Predators

cookie - Philadelphia Flyers

Jonsey - New Jersey Devils

Mr_Wolf - Montreal Canadiens

muddstick - San Jose Sharks

Will update this in the first post. Good luck gents!

Ok, main post updated.

Just a note, the draw was made from Gurkha hats, so if you don't like your picks, blame Gurkha! :sign: :whistling: