• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Inaugural CP Canadian Pass

Newfie

Official Lancero Whore
CP’s Canuck Pass

First off, I shamelessly admit to copying much of Greg’s (Kingantz) format and wording of the Newbie 101-5 Pass for this post. Thank you Greg.

Hello and welcome to CP's Inaugural Canadian Pass! This pass is open to any Canadians who wish to participate. Because of border & Customs issues and risks, few Canucks have had a chance to participate so we now have this opportunity. This Pass will be open to ALL Canadian Cigar Pass members in good standing at the time of this post. “Uber-Noobs”, that is to say members with less than 3 months and 10 posts, will be permitted, providing they supply me with complete address and valid phone number, and will be placed at the tail end of the pass, so only I take the risk.

The main purpose of this pass is to give Canadians a chance to get the experience if they haven't had the pleasure, or to play again if they've already done so.

Procedures & Rules:

1) I will list the cigars in order below in this post. The first person in the list who is to receive the package will go ahead and write in a post (before or during shipment of package) what cigars they will Take (T) from the package and what cigars they will Put (P) back in. I will decide if the T/P is acceptable or unacceptable and confirm on my response to your post. The exchange value rule is referenced below, but I will not be a stickler here. Obvious and gross differences will be denied, but for the most part, I will not interfere.

2) The package can be sent via Canada Post Priority, UPS, FedEx, Purolator or DHL, all with a Tracking Number. Please ensure the person you’re sending to has access to the method you wish to ship by. (I.e.: Some companies don’t serve rural areas or may not ship to P/O Boxes.) The tracking number for the company you use will be written on the board once the package has shipped.

3) You MUST write on the board in this thread once you’ve received the package and immediately contact via PM, Board, or phone (optional between yourselves, I won’t pass phone numbers around) the next person in the list to ensure they are ready to receive.

4) If you are the next person to receive in the pass, it would be a good idea to go ahead and let everyone know you are there and ready. If you know that it is your turn next and will not be available to accept the pass, please alert everyone so the pass can be re-routed as necessary. Please make sure to watch the board to ensure you know when your turn is coming up. Communication is KEY!

5) If no confirmation is received from the next person on the list in 48 hours, then the package will be sent to the next person on the list that does respond they are ready.

6) Please double-check the contents of the package to ensure everything is in order and good condition. If anything needs to be done such as increasing humidity or re-packaging/replacing the box, please make sure to do so.

7) Please be prompt. Once the package is received, make the T/P’s as quickly as possible and get the package out to the next person. T/P’s should already be decided before the package arrives, so shouldn’t take much time. However, there will always be exceptions.

8) As you see below, I have packaged quite a selection of cigars to hopefully suit all budgets and tastes. I have included many doubles so if there’s something on the list you like or want to try, this gives a better chance you will get one if you’re 2nd, 3rd or later in the Pass. Please do not take 2 of a certain cigar unless you are last in the pass.

9) Your "puts" should be roughly equal in value/rarity with your "takes" (three $3 cigars does not equal one $9 cigar). Once approved, you should cross off your "takes" with a single line on the inventory sheet, and number your "puts" with the same # you took, and place it in the same sleeve you removed it from. If you have no intention of taking certain cigars, please do not remove them from the baggies. Only remove the ones you are considering taking.

11)There are two groups of cigars, “Premium” and “Others”. You will note that Cubans are not included in the Premium group. Because they came from Cuba directly, MSRP is less than any of the Premium group, and in cases, less than many others amongst the “Others” group. Each member will be permitted to exchange a maximum of 2 from the “Premium” list, and 6 from the “Others”.

11) None of these cigars were purchased in Canada. They all came from stores in the US, or in the case of Cubans, from authorized Habanos stores in Cuba. Canadian value will not be a consideration due to taxes.

*Here are two links for your reference to help with pricing: Comparison Shopper. To determine “Domestic” pricing; find the cigar in the list, add all store's prices in the row, divide the total by the number of stores, divide by number of sticks on sale (use full box if available). This should give you the best price for each stick. Please note we will go by the average of what a cigar is going for at the time of the T/P, not what it was paid for at time of purchase.
For assistance with Cuban Cigar pricing, Marty’s List will be used.

LIST OF CIGARS:
Premium:
1./Anejo # 49
2./Anejo Shark #77
3./Opus X petit Lancero
4./Opus X Super Belicoso
5./Ashton VSG Robusto
6./Ashton VSG Sorcerer - Taken by thevalkrye
---Padron Series 64 Diplomatico Maduro - Put by thevalkrye
7./Padron Serie 26 #1 Natural
8./Padron Series 64 Corona Maduro

Others:
9./Montecristo #2 - Box Code USE OCT 07
10./Montecristo #2 - Box Code USE OCT 07
11./Cuaba Divinos - Box Code EMA OCT 07
12./Cuaba Divinos - Box Code EMA OCT 07
13./RASS - Box Code JEB SEP 07 - Taken by Shamrocker
----Joya de Nicaragua Lancero - Put by Shamrocker
14./RASS - Box Code JEB SEP 07
15./Trinidad Coloniales - Box Code AML DIC 06 - Taken by thevalkrye
----Don Carols #3 - Put by thevalkrye
16./Trinidad Coloniales - Box Code AML DIC 06
17./Bolivar #1 Tubos - Box Code LOB MAY 03 - Taken by thevalkrye
----Bolivar Royal Corona - Put by thevalkrye - Taken by Shamrocker
----Cohiba Siglo I - Put by Shamrocker
18./Bolivar #1 Tubos - Box Code LOB MAY 03
19./Aurora Ser 1495 #4 - Taken by thevalkrye
----Don Lino Africa Punda Milia - Put by thevalkrye
20./Aurora Ser 1495 #4
21./AF Hemingway Short Story
22./AF Hemingway Short Story
23./CAO Brazilia Gol - Taken by Rural Guy
----Perdomo Patriarch Corona Extra Corojo - Put by Rural Guy
24./CAO Brazilia Gol
25./AF Rothschilds Maduro - Taken by thevalkrye
----AF Sun Grown Chateau Fuente - Put by thevalkrye - Taken by Rural Guy
----AF 8-5-8 Natural - Put by Rural Guy
26./AF Rothschilds Maduro
27./Padron #2000 Maduro - Taken by Rural Guy
----Padron 2000 Natural - Put by Rural Guy
28./Padron #2000 Maduro
29./Padron #3000 Maduro - Taken by Shamrocker
----Cohiba Siglo I - Put by Shamrocker
30./Padron #3000 Maduro
31./RP Edge Perfecto Corojo
32./RP Edge Perfecto Corojo
33./Oliva Ser V Lancero
34./Oliva Ser V Lancero
35./Ashton VSG Illusion
36./Ashton VSG Illusion
37./LFD Double Ligero Chiseletto - Taken by thevalkrye
----CAO LX2 Robusto - Put by thevalkrye - Taken by Shamrocker
----CAO Mx2 Belicoso - Put by Shamrocker
38./LFD Double Ligero Chiseletto - Taken by Shamrocker
----CAO Mx2 Belicoso - Put by Shamrocker
39./LFD Double Ligero Chisel - Taken by thevalkrye
----Illusione 88 - Put by thevalkrye - Taken by Shamrocker
----Panacea Brazilian Maduro Torpedo - Put by Shamrocker
40./LFD Double Ligero Chisel

Enjoy everyone.

Jim

Hey Jim,

I'm in. I'll PM you my address shortly to help with planning along with my other personal info.

Thanks again,

Mike

Thanks for the Canuck Pass!

I'm in if you'll have me... now I just have to do some research on what I want to take/put. If one decides to take a Cuban, are we required to put a Cuban as well?

I'll send a PM to help with pass scheduling.

Keith

Thanks for the Canuck Pass!

I'm in if you'll have me... now I just have to do some research on what I want to take/put. If one decides to take a Cuban, are we required to put a Cuban as well?

I'll send a PM to help with pass scheduling.

Keith

No, because Cubans are so common to Canadians, I won't require a Cuban for Cuban exchange and I should have stated that.

That's part of the fun of a pass, researching cigars you aren't familiar with trying to decide what you want out of the package.

OK, so as of right now there's 4 of us, and I know at least 1 more showed interest. I'll PM him and this baby will be on it's way on Friday.

Jim

OK, I'm back from a short business trip and this is ready to fly tomorrow.

Players are Shamrocker, Valkyre, Ruralguy and ngetal.

This will travel from Newfieland to CowTown, then to Winterpeg, and then make 2 stops east of HogTown, first in Perth and then Oshawa before coming back to whence it started.

DUNCAN, are you ready to receive??

Jim

Yes Sir! Ready Sir!

I will post my put/takes tomorrow.

Thanks!

Sorry for the threadjack, but I would just like to thank and commend you for using "Inaugural" instead of "First Annual". Just a pet peeve of mine so I am happy when the correct English is used. :thumbs:

Clint, you are an insane person, harassing the Canucks as you do!

Sorry for the threadjack, but I would just like to thank and commend you for using "Inaugural" instead of "First Annual". Just a pet peeve of mine so I am happy when the correct English is used. :thumbs:

Thhank you Sir!! I will admit that was my Big Word for the day and I nearly hurt myself with it!!!! :blush:

Well we do prefer the Queen's English up here. :laugh:

Thhank you Sir!! I will admit that was my Big Word for the day and I nearly hurt myself with it!!!! :blush:

out of curiousity, were you into the Screech before or after you made that post? :p

I'm sending mine via dog sled. Now that the weather is starting to get warmer up here with the sun back out for the next 6 months I figured it might be quicker than waiting for Canada Post's plane to come in as that's only once a month. Dog sled should have it in Oshawa within 3 days.

T:#6 Ashton VSG Sorcerer($10.60) P:padron Series 64 Diplomatico Maduro ($12.88)

T:#15 Trinidad Coloniales($6.00) P:Don Carols #3 ($7.23)
T:#17 Bolivar #1 Tubos ($5.20) P:Bolivar Royal Corona ($5.20)(not that it matters for price but they are from 07)
T:#19 Aurora Ser 1495 #4 ($4.90) P:Don Lino Africa Punda Milia ($4.95)
T:#25 AF Rothschilds Maduro ($3.81) P:AF Sun Grown Chateau Fuente ($3.90)
T:#37 LFD Double Ligero Chiseletto ($5.98) P:Cao LX2 Robusto ($5.39) (This was going to be an Illusione MK, but Shamrocker has the LX2 on his "to try" list so I thought I would add it in)
T:#39 LFD Double Ligero Chisel ($6.78) P:Illusione 88 ($6.87)

Let me know if this looks OK or not. I tried to match the prices as evenly as possible.

Edited to add: Averaging was done by adding up all columns for boxes, dividing by the number of stores, then dividing by the number of cigars per box. The Cuban prices were just pulled off the above linked website.

I have no idea. No worries with this one but perhaps for the next guys we can post the average beside the Ps and Ts? It would help me as I have no idea off the top of my head and can't be bothered looking up 12 average prices lol.

There I fixed it up for you lazy!

It's that industrious nature of you Western boys that makes you a "have" Province and us in ON a "have not" one. Looks fine to me. Nice mixing it up as well. I'm looking forward to my turn already.