• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How to get rid of annoying smells inside the humidor

Christ Kirk, you should have saved that for a more worthy asshat. This guys just a pimple that'll go away with a little squeeze.

Doc.

Rod said that if I didn't become more "active" then I couldn't sell my beetle infested OR La Lunas in the Trading Forum next week.

"See, there are these things called paragraphs....

This guy is a prime example of why I am so selective about who I trade with, you never know who has an Ajax-a-dor or Ripple flavored opus. "

This is why I love this forums so much!!! LMFAO!!!

I'm sorry to say, but the only thing I could think of would be to sand it down. I sell bags of Spanish Cedar shavings for 5 bucks to add the aroma but it most likely won't get rid of a chemical smell. It could always be modified into a jewelry box for your significant other. Then you'll have an excuse to get a new one. :blush:

I'm sorry to say, but the only thing I could think of would be to sand it down. I sell bags of Spanish Cedar shavings for 5 bucks to add the aroma but it most likely won't get rid of a chemical smell. It could always be modified into a jewelry box for your significant other. Then you'll have an excuse to get a new one.
blush.gif

I thought it was $10 plus shipping?

I'm sorry to say, but the only thing I could think of would be to sand it down. I sell bags of Spanish Cedar shavings for 5 bucks to add the aroma but it most likely won't get rid of a chemical smell. It could always be modified into a jewelry box for your significant other. Then you'll have an excuse to get a new one.
blush.gif

Gee I thought it was $10 also least thats what the email ya sent me was plus ship/handling.

If you have a smaller humidor under a 50 count. My thought is to look at the humi and see if it's mahogany, with Spanish cedar sides that are installed or completely Spanish cedar.If its completely Spanish cedar then air it out and use it for a jewelry box with nice velvet interior. If Mahogany with Spanish cedar sides, check your local cigar shop and see if they have any boxes around made from Spanish cedar bigger in size of your humi and use it for replacement parts.
A box from the cigar shop would be alot cheaper (usually less then 10$) then purchasing another humi, use your old sides to make a good match up for the new pieces. I dont believe mahogany will suck up the cleaners or solvents smell like Spanish Cedar. Then remove the hydrometer and humidifier and put them in a sealed container with the new Spanish cedar sides to acclimate them while the mahogany in the humidor airs out. If you have another humidor then stick the new sides in it for acclimation.

Thats my 2 cents
Rich

dammit where is the grammer/punktuation checker, I mean grammar/punctuation gee grateful thanx for reminding me to use spell checker.
Wonder if my paragraphs are correct. Who cares this isn't English 101 its a cigar forum
laugh.gif

blush.gif

Gee I thought it was $10 also least thats what the email ya sent me was plus ship/handling.

If you have a smaller humidor under a 50 count. My thought is to look at the humi and see if it's mahogany, with Spanish cedar sides that are installed or completely Spanish cedar.If its completely Spanish cedar then air it out and use it for a jewelry box with nice velvet interior. If Mahogany with Spanish cedar sides, check your local cigar shop and see if they have any boxes around made from Spanish cedar bigger in size of your humi and use it for replacement parts.
A box from the cigar shop would be alot cheaper (usually less then 10$) then purchasing another humi, use your old sides to make a good match up for the new pieces. I dont believe mahogany will suck up the cleaners or solvents smell like Spanish Cedar. Then remove the hydrometer and humidifier and put them in a sealed container with the new Spanish cedar sides to acclimate them while the mahogany in the humidor airs out. If you have another humidor then stick the new sides in it for acclimation.

Thats my 2 cents
Rich

dammit where is the grammer/punktuation checker, I mean grammar/punctuation gee grateful thanx for reminding me to use spell checker.
Wonder if my paragraphs are correct. Who cares this isn't English 101 its a cigar forum
laugh.gif

Well actually...... It is of great importance to this "cigar forum".

blush.gif

Thats my 2 cents
Rich

laugh.gif

Since you obviously haven't figured it out yet, I'll spoon feed you: Exerting an effort to use proper capitalization, punctuation and spelling shows you are at least trying to respect this forum. No one here is expecting perfection, but you aren't even putting forth an effort. The word "and" is not a punctuation and a sentence can be less than 150 words. If English isn't your first language then you will be given a little wider berth, but not to put forth the effort is bad form and will earn you further rough treatment.

laugh.gif

A cigar forum that happens to favor reasonably correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling, yes. :rolleyes:

You know how when you and friends go out to a club or what have you, there's always somebody stumbling up and joining in who's really not part of the group and doesn't quite "get it?" And everyone else sort of trades glances, and decides to go to a different club?

Not taking the time to clean up your posts before hitting "Add Reply" makes you sound like that guy.

~Boar

Fixed

Who cares? This isn't English 101, it's a cigar forum.
laugh.gif

Please read the Do's and Don't.... New Member Guide!

<LI>Do use proper grammar if you can. We are an international forum, so we understand English may not be your first language, and this is fine. Also, if you're not too familiar with computers, that's fine too, however if you purposely post without taking into consideration basic grammar (in other words, if you're lazy), it is frowned upon.

blush.gif

I thought it was $10 plus shipping?

Selective selling!

Gramps and Neal woulda loved this one....

Lets focus on the 5 err 10 dollar bag of wood scraps and leave the Grammar Gestapoism off to the side for the moment.

*edit* and lol @ Kirk, if that was only true.

Lets focus on the 5 err 10 dollar bag of wood scraps and leave the Grammar Gestapoism off to the side for the moment.

*edit* and lol @ Kirk, if that was only true.

It's not just his grammar, Shawn. He's had an attitude since he got here. He's a passive aggressive fellow that seems to enjoy annoying the membership and the attention.

Doc.

For the original guy (if he's still reading), try putting your humidor out in the sun for a few days with the lip open. You want the sunlight hitting the effected wood directly. The UV should knock out the odor (it will also dry the humidor out pretty good, so you'll need to re-season very thoroughly).

It may not work, but it usually does.

Out of respect for my blood pressure, I'm not going to get into the other stuff. I'll just say that it's very disappointing that people don't take the time to get know CP before they jump right in and put their foot in their butt. A lot of people put in a lot of time around here to make CP great. Those folks deserve respect and deference, not the immature snark filled responses they usually get.

For what it's worth this guy is copying and pasting this same crap on several boards...He is a troll.

I just wanted to quickly add to this, not only is this exact post on 6 other forums that I'm aware of and I'm sure many more that I'm not familar with, this guy actually sells humidors! :whistling:

And has quite the habit of posting questions copied straight from wisegeek.com

Just FYI.
Feel free to PM me if you'd like me to back this up with links.

For what it's worth this guy is copying and pasting this same crap on several boards...He is a troll.

I just wanted to quickly add to this, not only is this exact post on 6 other forums that I'm aware of and I'm sure many more that I'm not familar with, this guy actually sells humidors! :whistling:

Just FYI.

Ah, but he's done us a great service in his role as bait.
wink.gif

Just FYI.

Colin, do any of his other posts like this one:

Posted 11 March 2010 - 11:07 PM
hi! everyone , i am new to this forum. but love to be on this forum because i love cigars , i am taking it from near about 16 years. A cigar is a tightly rolled bundle of dried and fermented tobacco that is ignited so that its smoke may be drawn into the mouth. My-Cuban-Cigars.com offers the best selection of authentic Cuban cigars delivered from Western Europe anywhere in the world.

pop up on any of the other forums? Just curious.

I just wanted to quickly add to this, not only is this exact post on 6 other forums that I'm aware of and I'm sure many more that I'm not familar with, this guy actually sells humidors!
whistling.gif

Just FYI.

If your referring to me, I would love to see the links personally and post them here so this way we all can see your full of it. And here is the link that I copied from and posted to this forum issue http://www.humidor-guide.com/humidor-smells-6-7.php3. And no I dont sell humidors

I just wanted to quickly add to this, not only is this exact post on 6 other forums that I'm aware of and I'm sure many more that I'm not familar with, this guy actually sells humidors!
whistling.gif

Just FYI.

If your referring to me, I would love to see the links personally and post them here so this way we all can see your full of it. And here is the link that I copied from and posted to this forum issue http://www.humidor-guide.com/humidor-smells-6-7.php3. And no I dont sell humidors

Swing and a miss.