• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How was your week?

Had kind of a rough week. The wife was off on business Monday and Tuesday, just when I caught a cold or sever allergies. Was in rough shape while the kid hit a energy peak. Got better just in time to enjoy a fire pit tonight. Also Friday we all went to Richmond to pick up my wife's race packet for the half marathon. Stop by Hardywood brewery to pick up some Ginger Bread Milk Stout! It's good stuff. Wife did real well in the 1/2 marathon - under 2 hours. I'm very proud of her. Lastly I finally finished the negotiation of who's house thanksgiving will be held at. The downside having both grandmas in the same town. F'ing stupid.

cabaiguan juan said:
Hey does anyone else have holiday battles with various factions of the family?
You mean when your side is mad that you go to your wife's side for any holiday? And vice versa...

I'm constantly in a hiring phase at work. We're promoting within, so it's good and bad. Anyway, we had a College Interview day this past Friday and it's amazing to me how young these kids are. Sucks getting old.

You mean when your side is mad that you go to your wife's side for any holiday? And vice versa...
Ehh, sort of. Ours is more along the lines of Whose house we eat Thanksgiving Dinner with, and trying to get us for as much time as possible during the holidays. IT sucks because by the end of it, or the beginning, I dont want to spend time with any of them. Its like having a Kindergarten where the kids run things instead of the teachers. Its stupid. I had to put out a bunch of fires this week beacuse of what one parent told another last week. FML.

So it was another week of acting like an adult while the adults were acting like kids. Emails from mothers who couldn't sleep because they were reexamining things in there heads at 3 AM, breath holding and eggshell walking due to childish antics of grandparents, etc. At the end of the week, the Wife and I were able to perform good damage control so i rewarded myself with a fire pit and cigar into the wee hours of the night. I had one of the ones from Doc, and a 2012 Opus DC. Drank some good whiskey and burned wood. kinda paying for it today but F it. We are going to tailgate for the UVA / Duke game today so I''ll be day drinking soon and the reminders of last nights fun will soon fade away. 5 weeks until the Merry Holiday Season is over!

Side note, has anyone been to the Fire Fly music festival? A buddy was talking about going to it in Delaware next year.

My week was spent cleaning, shopping for and planning Thanksgiving dinner. No BS here. You spend every other Thanksgiving with me, and have dry over-cooked turkey the opposite years. Let's face it Midigans can't cook worth a pile of beans.

Doc

So walk me through your thanksgiving? What do you cook, and do you get a chance to have a cigar during the day?

Can it be over already....I'm sensing this week will be 3 Mondays in a row.
Monday #1 is in the chute. Lather, Rinse, and Repeat 2 more times.

So walk me through your thanksgiving? What do you cook, and do you get a chance to have a cigar during the day?
It changes every year. There's always an Italian component. This year it's ravioli stuffed with ricotta and prosciutto as a second course.
I get to have a cigar after desert.

Doc

My son loves Ham for Thanksgiving. So always a Boar's Head Ham, and some sort of potato side. Probably Scalloped this year. BUT, I always do a Baked Lasagne Bolognese, Meatballs, Sausage, and Asparagus Bundles (Asparagus, Butter, Fontina, wrapped in Prosciutto). Has turned into a tradition for him. I started cooking yesterday..,

Wow, another week gone by. I dont know how Charlie manages to post every day, that is some discipline. Anyway, our Thanksgiving went by with out any issues, despite the weeks of drama leading up to it. It was actually kind of uneventful, and everyone appeared to have a good time. The wife and I commented our surprise and relief on our way home. After dinner, and after dropping off the wife and boys, I headed up to the cigar store, as they were having a big post dinner sale. I had a really good time, and came back with a bunch of smokes. I'm going to have to play Tetris in my humidors to get it organized in line with my OCD. I got to spend a bunch of days at the cigar store this week, more then I have in the last few months combined so I'm pretty happy with that. I'm not happy about the Wahoo's loss or the Buffs loss, but I suppose the silver lining is that creates more momentum for coaching changes for UVA. I do think that the Buffs are a pretty good Sub-.500 team, for what that is worth.

How was y'all's week?

I am thankful! In the win column with a real turkey dinner, great company, and even snuck in a couple Cigars due to great weather.

Weather has been kind of crappy so haven't been taking the bike to work. Has been good enough to get a cigar in though.

Week has been pretty easy. Have had plenty of leftovers, so cooking has been real minimal.
I've got enough frozen for another dozen meals. One aspect of growing up in my Italian family is that we always cook way more than is needed.

Wow, another week and again, I almost missed recording it for the annuls of history. I'm truly impressed by Charlie's discipline. Anyway, its been a busy week. My son is still cutting molars and has some other teeth coming in. In the past two weeks he has gotten two molars and another tooth. I think i have a full set of his dental records on my index finger. One day I will learn not to let my curiosity get the best of me. Well, teething aside we spent a lot of time getting ready for Christmas. We got our tree, got it up and decorated along with other decorations through out the house. Despite my concerns about our son's Wreck It Ralph deminer, my wife decided not to take any preemptive toddler defensive measures that i suggested like a cattle fence or getting a smaller tree that would fit on a table rather then on the floor. So far, our tree and its decorations has survived 10 hours. We also got the bulk of our Christmas shopping done!

Friday there was a LFD event at the local shop which I had been looking forward too. I used to smoke a lot of LFD but my cigar ADD has pulled me away from alot of my Go To's and into the realm of the boutique craze. I'm glad that i was able to get back into smoking LFD as i still like the brand.

So what did you do this past week?

So our Christmas tree is still up and standing. Looks like the wife's game plan is playing off. Been a busy week with going to DC on Monday with the wife. Took the kid to the Smithsonian. He wont remember the trip but he had a great time running around Natural History. I will remember the trip for some time as he was fully engaged with the exhibits and kept staring at the giant elephant in the lobby. Almost didnt get to go anywhere else! My son had the most epic poop I've ever seen Tuesday morning. I went into his nursery to get him and saw him standing in his crib chewing on his diaper while the contents were smooshed all over his mattress. It was even on the slats of the crib and on the floor. I didnt even know where to begin. Somehow managed to get everything cleaned up, got the stain of all stains out of his sheets and managed to do so without him spreading the mess through out the house. Wife had to go back to DC on Wednesday and was slated to go to Philly on Friday but that ended up turning into a conference call. Ended the week with a awesome date night with the wife and her favorite restaurant in town followed by a holiday party at one of our friends places. Babysitters have surpassed sliced bread as the worlds greatest invention. Awesome party and even better date night. So crazy week but so be it.

What did you do?

cabaiguan juan, although our children don't technically "remember" trips and such, I am convinced it adds to their spongy little brains, making them more intelligent and versatile. I learned really fast that 99% of what we call childs play is them learning math, physics, art appreciation, culture, etc. Everything has some sort of meaning to them, that we've forgotten.