• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New forum software coming soon...

What%20He%20Said_zpsa9o4ecpy.jpg

I'd prefer to have the 'post picture' button open a file browser, so I could simply point at a picture on my hard drive and have it inserted into the post. Which is what FB does.

There's already a 'media gallery imbed' button, so it's easy to post pics that have been previously uploaded to a member's gallery.

This is the only forum I hang in that still needs the extra step of uploading pictures from my phone or computer to either a Photo Storage Site or to a Personal Photo Gallery within that forum to then post a picture. Most are like Tom said, you hit the button and it brings up a file directory and asks where on your computer (or phone) is the photo you want to post.

I was able to copy and paste directly into a response yesterday, trying it again:

orangutan_1600x1000_279157.jpg

Yep, it worked. I found an image, right clicked, copy image, then pasted directly into a post. Worked.

Yep, it worked. I found an image, right clicked, copy image, then pasted directly into a post. Worked.
When I right click on an image (JPEG), I'm only given the 'Copy' option...not 'Copy Image' option. I just tried both images & photos....and I tried opening up both with different software to see if I got that option, same result. So I tried the 'Copy' option and when I went to post it, the 'Paste' option was not available.

FWIW, I really like the new forum... greatly, greatly improve IMO

And that's great, but what's really needed, IMHO, is the ability to just insert a photo into a post, without the separate step of uploading it to the gallery first.

I know, in the grand scheme of things, this is a nit, but I believe it's an important one. If the goal is to encourage folks to share pics, which stimulate discussion, making it as easy as possible should be the goal. Why can't the 'photo' button open a browse dialog box and allow a user to select and post a photo without the intermediate step of uploading the photo to your gallery?

...you know, like Facebook does....:rolleyes:

I'm looking into the picture issue now.

Just so I'm clear, you're saying you want the ability to upload a picture to a post without first uploading it to your gallery?

Got it, let me see if this is possible.