• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CPFFL Year 6..Full!

Jonesy

Got Ink ?
Alright gents, here it is. A little late, but better than never. Same rules as last year other then I will let ESPN do there thing with the waiver wire pickups (it will still be a pecking order in way of who used it last, not by worst record). Owners from last year have been notified and will be given first shot to come back to the league. That being said, I have 1 spot that I know will need to be filled. Modo22 has taken the other spot that was available. Past owners have until this Sunday night to confirm or I will open those spots to the general public.

Draft is set for Sunday Sept. 6th @6 pm EST. This date and time will not be changed.

If you need to refresh yourselves on he rules I set, go back to the CPFFL Year 5 thread in the Sports Forum and read up. I would link it but I've not really been around that much lately and the way you link a thread has changed and with me being a dumb Redneck, I can't figure it out.

This is a CASH league. $75 entry fee with payouts as follows:

1st Place $400
2nd Place $250
3rd Place $100
4th Place - A fiver from the team that ends up in last.

I'm not collecting the dues up front, so if you have to pay out, the payout will be due to the person you owe, 1 week after I send out the final e-mail with the winnings and pay out breakdown for each person. Remember, If you're 1 of the 3 that collects money, you will subtract your $75 entry fee from your own winnings.

Teams:

Jonesy
ironpeddler
Modo22
Nashkicker
BigManziel69
drunkfish3
Doc Wylie
Brickhouse
SamClemmons
:monty

You know I'm back in. I missed kicking everyone's butt the last 9 months. Didn't get the email if it was sent but I'm sure we will iron out the details in the coming days.

Thanks for letting me play!!

Jonesy, I am PMing you the email to send the espn invite to...

Alright! We're full and ready to go. I'll update everything later today. I forgot that for some reason, I can't link anything with IE7 so now I remember why I downloaded Google Chrome to my computer.

Why is it saying we aren't full? Got an email saying so.

It is now. I had to resend Tom and Ben their invites. We're ready to go!

I totally suck when it comes to ESPN leagues! Who should I send my money too ;)

If you want to find something to really suck at, try daily fantasy.  I cannot even luck into a decent lineup.

{tpc} said:
If you want to find something to really suck at, try daily fantasy.  I cannot even luck into a decent lineup.
yea, I am avoiding that at all costs.  Just sounds like something I would love to do but get pissed when I can't even get close to a win.

You can try doing the free contests, there are ones that are free but you can still win money from. If you can find them, lol. Seems they fill up fast (even if there is 100000 entrys).

You can also try fantasy pros. They have a contest (or they did earlier this year) where if you submit a lineup that places in the the top 100? I think, you can win $20. I think they do it for draftkings and fanduel. And you can submit a different lineup each day of the week, you just can't use thursday or monday players iirc. Its only against other people on the site who submitted lineups, so the pool of people is much smaller. I won $20 for fanduel from them (you have to click a link they send you after you have placed, but you only have like 48 hours to do it) and they deposit it right into your fanduel account.

That $20 is the best I have done, and it wasn't even on the real site! lol. My buddy gave me a lineup to try a couple weeks ago and I think i won$3.60 for a $2 entry. Mostly I lose.

You would think that it would be easy to burn through a small bankroll of $20. But I only play the $1 or $2 games and maybe 1 or 2 at a time. After you lose a couple weeks in a row, you just stop playing. I have about $10 in 2 different accounts cause I haven't played in weeks.

I play FanDuel weekly. A few weeks ago when Brees threw for 7 td's, I was in a $100 double up and ended up 1st out of 1111 people in that contest!

Defensive scoring question;

I noticed last night that the Points against category includes points that are scored by the other defense. For example, I had the Ravens D, the PA shown was 27; BUT in reality, the actual PA scored on the Ravens D was 21. That is because the other 7 was an interception by the Browns D when the Ravens D was not on the field. Just curious if this is normal in ESPN leagues? In the Yahoo leagues I play this has not been the case and Yahoo scored last night as the Ravens D only have a PA of 21.

I need some advice at my flex,

I have J. Hill (Cin) at SF
or Crabtree (Oak) home V. GB

???

It is going to damp but not raining or slight rain in the bay area where both games are.

My other option is to bench Beckem Jr, and play them both. Giants are going against Car and I can see Car's D shutting Beckem down. I find it hard to bench Beckham Jr.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for letting me play this year Brian!! I am happy to donate my $75.

But being new to the league this year, I have another question... has it always been the case that the divisions really don't play a factor in the playoff teams? For the longest times I thought it would be the top two from each division...but I must have missed that.

I'm happy to be in the playoffs after having to basically retool my entire team this year, but considering our previous matches were mismatches (I was only outscored 350-180 in two horrendous losses LOL)... my season is probably over after this week!

However...thanks to all for a competitive year and GOOD LUCK to all!