• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Another Crowned Heads release/frenzy

bucfan444

Cigar Hoarding for the apocalypse
I swore I'd never chase another Crowned Heads release since getting caught up in the Las Calaveras and La Imperiosa craze of 2015, but the Las Mareas release is shipping to select retailers this week.
To fuel the fire, Half-wheel.com claims this CH release to be as "cubanesque" as they have ever reviewed. 1,000 boxes are shipping to retailers and CH claims that release sold out in 10 minutes when it was available for retailer pre-orders.
Truth be told I preordered one box. I'll either regret it because it didn't live up to the hype or regret it because I only ordered one box. Either way Im regretting something.
Just giving CH fans the heads up.

I would assume it'll be released wider at a later date..

With that said, the Arrington Vineyards Double W has not been seen since and I freaking love that stick.. so?

Ok you got me, has to look it up and decided to try a 5er. If indeed it is "cubanesque" that should be no shock as it's a collaboration with my father cigars. I'm hoping it's close to what the OR El Centurion was. That, in my opinion was one hell of a cubanesque stick. My top my father cigar ever released next would be el rey de Los Habanos, those were awesome also.

Definitely going to order some, and I think they'll be regular production sometime in 2016. I'm not going to go Black Friday veggie steamer MMA crazy to get them, but the only limiteds I've been unimpressed with have been the Mason Dixons.

The Jericho Hill 12 Honest Men, if you like that line, are worth a try. Some of my favorites from CH.

Caesar, El Rey de Los Habanos is the line that introduced me to Pepin. Loved all his cigars, including the stuff he did for Padilla, and EO, until he got involved with Ashton. I sort of gave up on him, but figure it's time to sample his current production. I may give these a go.

Funny thing Dan, I think some of the stuff he's done with Ashton is some of his best work.

Funny thing Dan, I think some of the stuff he's done with Ashton is some of his best work.
Yea, I keep hearing that, hence my decision to visit again. My big issue was the fall in flavor quality or discontinuance of some of my favorites, and A LOT of construction / PLUGGED issues. This was for about a year after the "deal" and dropping Padilla (my all time faves) really ticking me off. Haven't bought anything Pepin made since. I smoked a gifted La Aroma de Cuba extension, not too long ago, and it was excellent.

Anyone got their mitts on these yet?!
Oh yes. Got them in mail yesterday and smoked one last night.
Flavor profile is very enjoyable (based on my preferences) but too "choppy" and rough around the edges for me. Every draw felt like I was smoking 2-3 different sticks at once ( yes, I have done drunk ). Blasts of cedar, cocoa, earth and wet grass come in rapid succession each draw effectively burning out my palate 60 minutes into a 90 minute smoke. I may be a wuss, but I'm going to hide these in my humidor for a few months and revisit. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I grabbed a box as the flavors and potential are undoubtedly there. I hope time smoothes things out because if it does this is an exceptional release.
As expected burn, construction and draw are phenomenal.

Last edited:
Small Batch has fivers of the two sizes, I'm sure the rest of them will go pretty fast. Free shipping and "rcigars" always gets you ten percent off. Grabbed one five pack just to check them out.