• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Answered / Requested Prayers

MX

Quietly getting back into the cigar culture.....
Hello all, been doing a lot more reading than posting over the last few months.

I want to start by saying that there is nothing more powerful than answered prayers!

Early on the morning of OCT 31 my baby brother (29 years old) shot himself in the chest in what we think was an attempt to take his own life. In the hours that followed he lost so much blood that had to drop 12 units in him, he damaged his apex valve ( whatever that is) which cost him his left lung, and was placed in a medically induced coma.

I found out about noon on Halloween, and quickly made ready for the 18 hour drive to my home town. My wife and I decided not to tell out 11 year old daughter until after she had a chance to spend the evening with our neighbour and her best friend. After the candy dash was over, we sat her down and let her know what was going on, and why we had to leave so late at night.

The surge that performed the operation said he had done several of those procedures, but he had never had any one survive. "There is no real medical reason why he should be alive" is the quote he used.....several times.

He is an (Doc help me with the correct term) Ex-Marine?
He has some anger and resentment with the Corps that he has never delist with, and has a issue with drinking. Nothing that keeps him from going to work or anything, but he gets black-out drunk a bit too often.

Long story short....less than 2 weeks later not only is he recovering, but he is home and trying to go back to work.....my little brother is AMAZING....if not a a dumb-ass.

He has a long road ahead of him, and he is supposed to come up here to Colorado for the New Year, I hope he does!

Tim

Great to hear!

And I may be incorrect (Doc will change that if so)...there are no Ex-Marines!

That's good new Tim! A lot of our "Former Marine" brothers and Soldiers are dealing with a lot these days. I hope he finds what brings him some peace inside soon.

Glad to hear Tim. We all have dumbass younger brothers, LOL.

A prayer for healing, may he find the peace he seeks and live life to the fullest. He must face those dark battles, may be a long road ahead,but he'll be better for it. Whatever he's seeking, it's not at the bottom of a bottle and not at the end of gun barrel either.

Peace.

C

Glad to hear Tim. Prayers that everything goes well moving forward!

Sorry to hear that he felt his troubles had come to that, but I'm extremely glad that he made it through and is recovering at the rate he is. Make sure he has someone to talk to, even when he doesn't feel like talking. I'll be keeping you all in my thoughts.

Apparently he was lucky to lose the left lung rather than the right. With exercise he should be able to regain 70-80% of his former peak fitness. There are even one lunged people who have completed marathons, so where he goes from here physically is pretty much up to him. God bless you and your family