• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Superbowl Food What are you cooking???

Tall Paul

"insecure little bitch"
Here in Derry NH the Beers and Cigars have been going since 11:00. Now the food is staring to roll out.

First up was some Tuscan Chicken wings.
20160207_134036.jpg

I'm also on to my 3rd 32Oz growler of some local brew!
20160207_142602.jpg

So what are you cooking or drinking?
Cheers,
Paul

Sausage Dip
Spinach Dip
Bacon Wrapped Lil Smokies
Cheese, Crackers, and Italian Meats

Some pretty good beers so far!

I was so busy cooking and trying to get out the door to go to my buddy's house that I didn't take a picture of a thing. I made a cheese steak dip with sirloin tri-tip...a big batch of chicken & sausage gumbo w/rice...bacon wrapped Lil Smokies...and two chili-in-a-bread-bowl things. We had a ton of food...hot wings (they were so hot that guys were peeling off layers of clothes, blowing their noses, and wiping tears from their eyes...not me!), cajun pasta & shrimp, bacon wrapped chicken on a stick, mussels in garlic & tomatoes, salsa, corn dip....plus other stuff I never got to in the chaffing dishes.

I ne
I was so busy cooking and trying to get out the door to go to my buddy's house that I didn't take a picture of a thing. I made a cheese steak dip with sirloin tri-tip...a big batch of chicken & sausage gumbo w/rice...bacon wrapped Lil Smokies...and two chili-in-a-bread-bowl things. We had a ton of food...hot wings (they were so hot that guys were peeling off layers of clothes, blowing their noses, and wiping tears from their eyes...not me!), cajun pasta & shrimp, bacon wrapped chicken on a stick, mussels in garlic & tomatoes, salsa, corn dip....plus other stuff I never got to in the chaffing dishes.
I need to get that recipe for the cheese steak dip..... You told me on the phone and I promptly forgot. I almost called you from the grocery store yesterday and figured you were busy with your own prepping.

Shoulda called...you would have been one of four others that got recipes from me yesterday. :p

It's easy....the trick is using a fatty, tender meat. While it is hard to find, I use about 1 1/2 to 2 1/2lbs. of sirloin tri-tip. But you can also use boneless rib eye or flank steak. Put olive oil on the meat, sprinkle it with Monteal Steak Seasoning and grill it very rare. Let it rest for 10 minutes and dice into small pieces.
image.jpeg
Then dice up a sweet green & red pepper and a large onion. With a little EVO in a frying pan, sauté them with some salt & pepper for about 8 minutes. Once done, put aside to cool a bit. They should still be a hair crisp.
image.jpeg
In a large bowl, combine two 8oz. packages of regular cream cheese (leave out for a few hours to soften), a cup Helmanns mayo, and an 8oz. package (or more) of shredded mozzarella/provolone cheese. It's made by Kraft and it's called 2 Cheese Pizza mix. I use a potato masher to combine the cream cheese and mayo, then stir in the shredded cheese.
Once that's done, stir in the veggies completely and then fold in the meat evenly.
Spoon it into a large foil pan, cover with foil, and then bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes. I use a foil pan because it's a hump to clean a metal or glass pan, that way I can toss it.
You can serve it two ways. I get a good French bread and slice it 1/4" thick and then lightly bake them in the oven....not too hard like toast, just heat it to a light crispness and scoop away.
The other way I serve it is to buy frozen pastry dough and cut it into squares that fit into a cup cake pan. Then scoop some dip in there and bake it.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Some guys put hot sauce on it but it's really good as is.

Last edited:
All of those things look really good. I shall have to try some of them. Thanks for the recipes!

Yesterday I cooked nothing, just went to a friends house and ate their stuff.