• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigarillos as fast smokes?

comptalk

I was thinking on picking up some medium to full bodied cigarillos for some fast smokes . How do they compare to regular cigars?

I've only had the Cohiba Cigarillos and they're pretty decent smokes.  If I remember correctly, they were about a 10 minute smoke, with similar flavor.

I'll smoke Davidoff Mini Cigarillos and Hoyo Excalibur Cigarillos from time to time.  Both are more mild or mild to medium.  Punch makes a cigarillo as well, probably a bit stronger than the ones I mentioned but I don't really care for them.  

How much time do you want to spend with the "fast smokes"?  Davidoff has some 4 1/8 x 34 Primeros (Dominican and Nicaraguan versions) that last for about twenty minutes.  The Nicaraguan Primeros are pretty darn good.  

15 or 20 mins. Just really during the cold months. I tried the reg. Cohibas, and I didn't care for them. Way too mild. I ordered some Cohibas Maduros and Davidoff Maduros. Need something strong and tasty, not mild and bland. Open to suggestions :)

comptalk said:
15 or 20 mins. Just really during the cold months. I tried the reg. Cohibas, and I didn't care for them. Way too mild. I ordered some Cohibas Maduros and Davidoff Maduros. Need something strong and tasty, not mild and bland. Open to suggestions :)

Well, I meant the habanos Cohiba Cigarillos.

I would say cigarillos do not compare to cigar at all. The flavor doesn't build the way it does in cigars. But if you need a tobacco fix, they will do the job.

bfreebern said:

Unfortunately, can't get those in the US.  :(

I get the CAO tins of Brazilia or Italia. 4x38. Great little smokes. Not any different from the full size smokes.

A word to the wise. Check out the Fuente Exquisitos. Very excellent Short smoke and it is a cigar. If you buy them by the box you can easily find them for $109 for a box of 50. These will beat the tar out of a cigarillo and you know they are made by one of the top three manufactures. They are a pure cigar, no B/S and feisty. They will give you and honest 30 minute smoke.

Try it, you'll like it!

comptalk said:

Unfortunately, can't get those in the US.   :(

10 years here and I'm just learning this.

Pugman1943 said:
A word to the wise. Check out the Fuente Exquisitos. Very excellent Short smoke and it is a cigar. If you buy them by the box you can easily find them for $109 for a box of 50. These will beat the tar out of a cigarillo and you know they are made by one of the top three manufactures. They are a pure cigar, no B/S and feisty. They will give you and honest 30 minute smoke.

Try it, you'll like it!

I forgot about the Fuente Exquisitos.  Disregard what I said before and go with Pugman's suggestion, those Exquisitos are tasty.  

bfreebern said:

Unfortunately, can't get those in the US.   :(

10 years here and I'm just learning this.

If you lived in Colorado they probably would be legal, everything else is legal there... :laugh:

ETA - I would vote for the Fuente Exquisitos also.  I really enjoy them for a short smoke while I am working around the house.

I liked the Cohiba Minis. They can last between 10-15 minutes, but I've found they tend to burn themselves out if you try and drag them out much longer.  I really liked them for when I'd hang out with cigarette smoker friends and I'd step outside to light up with them.

I'll have to give the Exquisitos a look.  I think 30 minutes is pushing it as far as "short" smokes go, though.  I would have liked those during the winters.

I call these my "chore" or "sneaking a smoke in" sticks.  I try to keep some of this size on hand for when I am watering the garden in the evening, or taking the trash out.  These are for when I do not have enough time to light up a robusto, but still want a cigar.  The smoke works well in keeping the "skeeters" off you as well.  :)  I like cigars that are medium to full strength.  

I like the following:

CAO MX2 Daggers  4X38  
CAO LX2 Razors     4X38  
Padron Maduro Corticos      4 1/2X35

These are on my radar, but have not tried yet:

CAO Brazilia Cariocas  4X38
Liga Privada Unico Serie Papas Fritas  4 1/2X44

I really enjoy the JR Ultimate Habanitos in the Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper. The Little El Rey del Mundo are good too, but not quite as refined as the Ultimate. I DO NOT like the Maduro offerings. Consistently bitter and/or metallic.

The Don Lino Afrika line used to have a tin size that was just excellent, but of course that whole line went to shit and then disappeared.  Sure were good when they were still good, though.  Nowadays when I want a shorter smoke I tend to go with something like a Punch Champion, LFD El Jocko, Fuente Short Story, or Tatuaje Verocu.  They're all closer to the 30 minute mark than the 15, but they leave me satisfied I've smoked an actual cigar.  :thumbs:

~Boar

Sorry to Necro an old threat but I was thinking about posting the same thing so I thought I would see if anyone is smoking something different now in this size. I am looking for a 15 minute smoke that has decent flavor that is in the $2 or less a stick category. With Spring approaching (Hopefully sooner than later) I am looking for something to smoke on my way home from work when the Jeep top is off. (I don't smoke in my truck otherwise) I've just ordered a few of the above options and was just curious if other types have been added to peoples radar recently.

For 15 minutes, I'd try something European. I had gotten a Freebie Tin of Dannemann Moods with a JR Cigar order and they were surprisingly ok. I've tried a nice amount of lil guys, and they were the best to date, for my tastes. I've never tried the little Ashton's, mainly because there is confusion about the wrapper used. Some swear it's Cameroon, some swear it's not. For the money, I'll wait.

Last edited: