• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Game of Thrones Thread (Spoilers Included)

Good episode in that it answered some questions as to where the White Walkers came from and why. The Bran stuff, for once, wasn't too boring. I was glad to see Sansa not take any of Little Finger's crap, but something tells me he'll be just fine.

I still don't know where the hell this Arya stuff is going, and it's starting to get annoying....get there already.

The Hodor thing....fine. I didn't think it was that big of a deal. The "inside the episode" and things made it out like this huge eye opening thing. Maybe I missed the intent...but I don't see why it was so eye opening.....and unfortunately, until this point, Bran's character has been so boring/annoying that I didn't even have much care for Hodor and that whole gang. It was interesting, and an "ah, I see" moment...but that was about it....for me.

Overall, for me, my least favorite of the Season 6 episodes so far. But still entertaining, and still good.

Ok, so this comment is primarily for the book-readers among us and for Wyatt, but I am being as cryptic as possible as to not give away what LITTLE information we have that the TV show watchers do not have.

If I recall correctly, a while back GRRM posted this exact sample chapter. Must have been 2 years ago around when I had finished A Dance With Dragons, and then it switched from this chapter to one taking place in the North shortly after I finished. This new chapter of course made no indication as to whether Jon was alive or dead but did discuss another character who is currently "deceased" in the series (a fact I'm still not willing to admit).

Do you remember this Wyatt? Or was it a different chapter about Dorne and this is in fact a 3rd new chapter? I feel as though I've read this prior and already knew this information (about dragonstone and about where they were headed ect). And also, if any of this stuff is actually true (the OTHER dragon), why in the world has this character not been introduced in the show? My assumption is none of this ends up well, and so they are just skipping over all of it. But perhaps they're working up to it? I don't know. This is the biggest thing that has me scratching my head about the television series and makes me think this whole plot line was just one more red herring before the real stuff begins... Wyatt? Others? Thoughts?

Ok, so this comment is primarily for the book-readers among us and for Wyatt, but I am being as cryptic as possible as to not give away what LITTLE information we have that the TV show watchers do not have.

If I recall correctly, a while back GRRM posted this exact sample chapter. Must have been 2 years ago around when I had finished A Dance With Dragons, and then it switched from this chapter to one taking place in the North shortly after I finished. This new chapter of course made no indication as to whether Jon was alive or dead but did discuss another character who is currently "deceased" in the series (a fact I'm still not willing to admit).

Do you remember this Wyatt? Or was it a different chapter about Dorne and this is in fact a 3rd new chapter? I feel as though I've read this prior and already knew this information (about dragonstone and about where they were headed ect). And also, if any of this stuff is actually true (the OTHER dragon), why in the world has this character not been introduced in the show? My assumption is none of this ends up well, and so they are just skipping over all of it. But perhaps they're working up to it? I don't know. This is the biggest thing that has me scratching my head about the television series and makes me think this whole plot line was just one more red herring before the real stuff begins... Wyatt? Others? Thoughts?

I had to reread this a handful of times. I must not have any idea what you're referring to, or you're being too cryptic for me to get it. I have only read book 1, and the everything you are saying here is foreign to me....?? :confused::confused::confused:

I had to reread this a handful of times. I must not have any idea what you're referring to, or you're being too cryptic for me to get it. I have only read book 1, and the everything you are saying here is foreign to me....?? :confused::confused::confused:

Well good. I figured you'd read through all 5 books, but knowing you haven't I can now see that my whole statement is crazy gibberish. Might as well have just been saying HODOR HODOR HODOR HODOR

Not sure which sample chapter you're referring to.

As far as Jon Connington, the Golden Company and Aegon I wouldn't expect to see them as they are in the books. That story arc has been changed pretty drastically.

Not sure which sample chapter you're referring to.

As far as Jon Connington, the Golden Company and Aegon I wouldn't expect to see them as they are in the books. That story arc has been changed pretty drastically.

Just keep wondering if he isn't the "False Prophet" or whatever and I'm surprised since the TV show has talked about the prophesy that they wouldn't at least include him in some capacity.

Anyone notice how the new red witch sounded just like Melisandra?

Wearing the same necklace too

Meh, this episode was a bit of a let down.

However, looks like Waif is gonna get her ass beat.

Agreed. Mostly setup to the impending doom when the Night King crushes the wall. And Arya is gonna kill someone and flee I guess. Seems like a big letdown. Here she had all this opportunity for power and instead now what happens?

Agreed. Mostly setup to the impending doom when the Night King crushes the wall. And Arya is gonna kill someone and flee I guess. Seems like a big letdown. Here she had all this opportunity for power and instead now what happens?

I did like the ballsiness of Sam.
:)

Can you explain who the long haired many faced god guy is?

I know he's been on the show a while, but I don't know where he came from or what his story arc means in the grand scheme.

I don't get how it ties in to the grand scheme, but here's the history lesson.

Back in season 3 or 4 when Arya had her list of people to kill, she was at Harrenhall. The mountain was there as well as Tywin Lannister and she was terrified that Tywin would figure out she was a Stark. A week or so earlier her camp was raided by the lannisters and the long haired guy was in a cage, trapped with flames roaring underneath. He'd be burned alive. But Arya went back and unlocked the cage. He said he owed the many faces God a life for the one that she had saved. So when she needed to escape Harrenhall, he helped her and killed a bunch of people. In the book it was like 3 people, but the series was just a bunch.

Anywho. She got out, and he gave her that coin saying if she was ever in Bravvos page should come see him and serve the many faced God. So when the hound eventually got her to a ship, she went the only place she knew.

Basically all we know is these face changers are powerful assassins and she was learning to be one, but they follow a religion. And hat religion has rules for who lives and who dies. People go to the many faced gods temple when they are ready to die and they drink the poisoned water (same stuff that gave her back her eyes) so they can die. And now despite all those rules, it seems Arya still only will kill who she wants to kill, and I guess she's picked up some skills for that but I don't think she can change faces yet.

I'm not sure how this is gonna play out... It's a strange storyline. I still think the many-faced God has something to do with the white walkers because the only two religions that seem to have power are the children/white walkers/crying trees religion and the fire god/dragons/priests religion. The seven is a joke. The horse God was a joke. The harpy is a joke. Ect.

The whole series seems to lead to a final battle between two powerful gods with their own armies.

I do recaps of the episodes for my friends, inspired by the "Somebody's Mom" character on SNL's weekend update, they encapsulate my lack of understanding of the show....after reading the Placebo Effect thread I don't feel as bad posting one here:

Magic Dead Legs was getting dragged around like The Revenant and having visions that Bad Guy From Strange Brew showed him before he got killed by Slipknot. Then Assassin’s Creed showed up and saved him and some girl from the Walkers. Friar Tuck’s girlfriend gave him some shit, I don’t know what is going on with them, and I don’t think I’ll ever care. They went to the castle from the movie Tangled…again, no clue what the hell is happening. I hope No Dick and his sister Leather Tuscadero are in this episode.

Dirty Preacher is still telling Little Brother from Growing Pains how to be king…his wife Man Hands is still locked up. She has a brother that’s locked up too or something. B-o-r-i-n-g. Oh great, more Friar Tuck….looks like they’re My Fair Lady-ing his girlfriend….yay, awkward family dynamics. His dad is mean as shit like the mom from Million Dollar Baby.

Great…Little Sister did her hair all weird and went to another LARP event. I think she’s on the fence about whether it’s worth having her sight back, they are pretty bad actors. This storyline blows. Brett Hart teaching her how to kill people is totally played out. Oh man, Mary Stuart Masterson is plotting to kill her ass.

One Hand is up to something….are they going to try and kill Dirty Preacher before he can do something to Man Hands? Man Hands mom Downton Abbey is up to some shit in all of this, but I don’t know what the hell is going on. Ok, I’m lost. Little Brother from Growing Pains took the long way around to getting laid again, or something. Dirty Preacher seems happy and One Hand is pissed about it.

(Herbert the Pervert from Family Guy is saying River Run about five hundred times…no idea who the hell any of these people are. I’m not following One Hand and Sister Wife’s plot either.)

Magic Dead Legs finally woke up. Assassin’s Creed is helpful in the most obtuse way possible. Oh cool, Wish She Was Brunette and Welfare Eric Bana are back….something may actually happen in this episode. Big ass dragon, that’s good. “The spice must flow!” That’s it? Man, this episode SUCKED.

Filler episode in my opinion...well, maybe not a "filler" episode, but one of those that is really just lead in to other future episodes. So not much happening here.

Benjen back was sort of surprising, though I never bought in that he was gone. As soon as there was a dark rider saving Bran I knew that's who it was. That could be fun to see develop. I'm not convinced that Arya is gone from the Many Faced Gods just yet. Waif is going to get destroyed by her, that's for certain, and maybe that's actually the final test or something. I don't know, but I don't see all this build up just disappearing like that. Plus, I think Jaqen really likes what she has to offer, he's just not showing it.

Daenery's gonna whip some ass though. That's fo' sho'.