• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mojito recipe

Ok, I just made my second Mojito and checked the club soda bottle. It is 10oz. BUT! I only used a third of the bottle. Maybe, I'm not adding enough Club Soda to tone down the tang of the limes? I added the rest of the bottle and it has less bit and tartness. We shall see.

Ok, I just made my second Mojito and checked the club soda bottle. It is 10oz. BUT! I only used a third of the bottle. Maybe, I'm not adding enough Club Soda to tone down the tang of the limes? I added the rest of the bottle and it has less bit and tartness. We shall see.

Bump the simple syrup to cancel the lime.

What size lime are you using?

I use the medium sized ones. About the size of a golf ball, I guess. I don't golf. Lol.

Also, I don't put the rind in the drink. After squeezing, all the oils in the rind are released.

My lines are a little bit bigger then a golf ball. The 'extra' club soda helped. I'm actually using Karo syrup. It tasted a lot better. I'm going to keep trying.

Heat 1 cup water and dissolve 1 cup sugar in it.

Boom simple syrup.

Quick google search says Karo is sweeter than simple syrup.

Ok, tried it Succubus/Scap's way and it is measurably better. However I think I poured to heavy on the club soda. How much do you pour? I'm an engineer by trade so numbers work well for me.
I don't measure. I just fill a pint glass up with ice and after I pour the drink mix over it, I fill the rest up with club soda.

Ok, so I finally made my own simple syrup. Checked my mint and discovered it's actually spearmint. How big of a difference is spearmint from regular mint?

Ok, so I finally made my own simple syrup. Checked my mint and discovered it's actually spearmint. How big of a difference is spearmint from regular mint?

Think mine is spearmint, too.
Most recipes I've seen call for spearmint, but you could try peppermint...

Haha it's not that bad. Not as good as a made from scratch mojito but at least it's not that leftover colt 45 malt liquor concoction other premixed drink makers supposedly use. I've never made one from scratch sobI've got my note pad out on this thread.

Haha it's not that bad. Not as good as a made from scratch mojito but at least it's not that leftover colt 45 malt liquor concoction other premixed drink makers supposedly use. I've never made one from scratch sobI've got my note pad out on this thread.

Williams Sonoma has a somewhat decent mix to which you add rum.

It was too much citric acid taste for my palate.

Use this method:
Or:

As has been stated. Go a little extra on the rum, less on the soda water. Trial and error, you'll find the combination that suits you best. My wife prefers more sugar, lime juice and mint than I do. I like more rum more mint in mine.

Try Matusalem platino, 10 cane, or flor de Cana extra dry 4 yr. When you can source it, I'd highly recommend Havana Club 3 yrs. if you like Bacardi but want to try something different, try finding Bacardi solera and using that instead of a white rum. It has a distinctly pleasing banana and caramel like note.

Got this in my inbox this morning, and thought of this thread. 3 twists on the Mojito: