• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's your latest Pipe and tobacco purchase?

I don't frequent this thread much anymore because my dentist disapproves of pipe smoking. Says it ruins his work. But I gotta say that if you're smoking English blends along with Virginia, don't smoke them in the same pipes. English blends are notorious for leaving ghosts, and will surely interfere with your smoking pleasure. Ideally, you should have 7 pipes for English, 7 for Virginias and on and on for every type blend you smoke a day. So to be clear, if you smoke English, Orientals, and Virginias in one day, you need three pipes for that day. That's why corncobs are so nice.

Doc

Don't forget 7 pipes for aromatics too! So that's at LEAST 21 pipes you can easily justify to the missus :p

I haven't smoked an aromatic in over 40 years. I don't recommend them. They bite, burn hot, smell wonderful and taste like crap. They're meant to make people around you happy. Funny thing is, they don't anymore.

Doc

I've tried and tried to enjoy aromatics, but I just don't. The most aromatic I get is GLP VA Cream and CH.

I like some Cavendish processed tobaccos, but reading up on them had given me the impression that the original style of the initially processed leaf, which is widely used, is not considered an aromatic.
Some seem to be processed to be aromatics. I only like a select few, which I'm guessing are in the original camp I'm referring to. Beyond that, I've avoided all aromatics.
I just can't get any real tobacco, or topping, flavor. It's as if they cancelled each other out on my palate.

Been out of the pipe game for about 9 years. I bought these today to get back in. Realize I over paid, but there's only one shop in the city and they do a lot for the troops so I don't mind tossing them some business.

image.jpeg

Good pickups there to get back in. It amazes me the variance in pricing on pipe tobacco. However, even though its two diff ballgames, the number of bowls you can get for $17 vs the number of cigars for the same price sometimes makes it all seem alright.

Those are the same tins I bought when I got into piping, and Elizabethan is still a mainstay. Nice pick ups.

Been stocking for tobaccogeddon lately. Grabbed a few pounds of my favorites, and also some new ones from HU Tobacco in Germany. At the rate I smoke I'll be good for about 10 years, when hopefully this whole thing blows over. Those last few years will be some sweet aged smoking!