• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Vega fina Fortaleza 2 rum barrel aged

Neal

i saw this cigar on a Spanish shop web site. It appears to be a very new release. I can't seem to find it anywhere in the states. I emailed the company, but never got a response. Is anyone familiar with it and whether it is even sold in the states?

This the Altadis brand? If so, it may be that these will show up at some later date in the wild. Keep in mind that with the new FDA rules, new nationwide releases were all originally released to special vendors prior to August 8 just to be in compliance with the rules. Basically the cigar companies sent to some store a box or two of everything they have in the pipeline, even if they aren't planning of marketing the cigar or releasing it nationwide for weeks, months or even years to come.

This the Altadis brand? If so, it may be that these will show up at some later date in the wild. Keep in mind that with the new FDA rules, new nationwide releases were all originally released to special vendors prior to August 8 just to be in compliance with the rules. Basically the cigar companies sent to some store a box or two of everything they have in the pipeline, even if they aren't planning of marketing the cigar or releasing it nationwide for weeks, months or even years to come.

Yes, altadis usa is the producer.
From what I gather they are primarily a European distributor.

So in that case just wait for them to release the cigar. Until then try the Camacho Bourbon Barrel cigars if you haven't already. It's good as a robusto.

as you noted mike, with the new rules it may be a while before they show up if at all. i think i'll give the camacho bourbon a try. thanks for the recommendation