• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Obama lifts restrictions on Cuban rum, cigars

Or people like me who live out of the country. What are the restrictions for gifts sent through Die Post?
Good question, as it states that all is good as far as items considered for personal use or gifts. But doesn't specify mail and gifts.

Or people like me who live out of the country. What are the restrictions for gifts sent through Die Post?
yes. They can only be brought in by the end user for personal use. Can't legally mail or mail order them.

A buddy of mine tried to get through customs with 2 tubo cubans. They eventually let him slide through with them, but kept the tubes and bands. Told him they were illegal. This was this past Monday, which I think was the actual effective date.

Jet Blue running $99 flights JFK to Havana starting next month. Might have to find some educational activities to partake in.

A buddy of mine tried to get through customs with 2 tubo cubans. They eventually let him slide through with them, but kept the tubes and bands. Told him they were illegal. This was this past Monday, which I think was the actual effective date.

The "Cuba FAQs" pages on treasury.gov were updated as of 10/14. (I only know this because I was just there looking at the allowed reasons for travel)

31. Can I purchase Cuban-origin cigars and/or Cuban-origin rum or other alcohol while traveling in Cuba? Persons authorized to travel to Cuba may purchase alcohol and tobacco products while in Cuba for personal consumption. Authorized travelers may also return to the United States with alcohol and/or tobacco products acquired in Cuba as accompanied baggage for personal use. OFAC considers “personal use” of an imported item to include giving the item to another individual as a personal gift, but not the transfer of the item to another person for payment or other consideration. 32. Can I purchase Cuban-origin cigars and/or Cuban-origin rum or other Cuban-origin alcohol while in a third country (i.e. not Cuba)? Yes, persons subject to U.S. jurisdiction may purchase or acquire Cuban-origin merchandise, including alcohol and tobacco products, while in a third country for personal consumption. Such products may be consumed while in a third country, or imported into the United States as accompanied baggage for personal use only. For a complete description of what this general license authorizes and the restrictions that apply, see 31 CFR § 515.585(c) and (d).

Dallas? I've heard they're asshats there no matter what.

I know some B&Ms here in the states that have started carrying Cubans, at last!

That's interesting since as far as I know selling them in the States is still a no-no

That's interesting since as far as I know selling them in the States is still a no-no
Yeah, per the rules, I won't mention a name or store, but I am in sales, and work with these B&M stores and they gave me a box of 25 Cohiba Behikes as a gift.

Yeah, per the rules, I won't mention a name or store, but I am in sales, and work with these B&M stores and they gave me a box of 25 Cohiba Behikes as a gift.
Since Cohiba Behikes have never come in boxes of 25 seems like they are exploiting people's eagerness to get Cubans as well as these people's cluelessness as to what is authentic.

Since Cohiba Behikes have never come in boxes of 25 seems like they are exploiting people's eagerness to get Cubans as well as these people's cluelessness as to what is authentic.
Ooh yeah, I didn't pick up on that. Sounds like some B&M needs to be outed if true.