• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Walking Dead on AMC

I'd rather they unleash and go full HBO/Showtime/Cinemax. :D
Or better yet, Skin-a-max.

I've enjoyed this season, even the minor-character development stuff. Negan sure chews up the scenery. Fun to watch. I guess next week we get to see how Rick swims across the lake of walkers while avoiding sniper fire.

Or better yet, Skin-a-max.

I've enjoyed this season, even the minor-character development stuff. Negan sure chews up the scenery. Fun to watch. I guess next week we get to see how Rick swims across the lake of walkers while avoiding sniper fire.

Thought the owner of the barge was dead....
Also, I'd expect them to row the boat across. :p

Good episode. Things are building! Michonne's scene with the saviour was fun. Rick and Aaron getting to the boat should be fun.

I'm a knife nut. I've been trying to figure out Jesus' fighting knives. Been really hard to get a look at them, but I might have narrowed it down to some possibles. Best guess right now is a pair of Gerber Mark II or Commando II.

I'm ready for the midseason break. Hoping that the next half of the season is worth watching. I've been disappointed to be honest. I'm in the minority on this, but I don't care for Negan's character...at all.

They have made us choose.....either Negan or Zombies.....but not both. Well, I choose Zombies.

Thought the owner of the barge was dead....
Also, I'd expect them to row the boat across. :p

It's possible the barge owner is dead. Or maybe not. Don't think I would be tempted to make myself an easy target either way.

As for rowing across, you think the owner as part of his defenses, provided raiders with a convenient row boat nearby? Maybe they built a raft. I'd hate to think of the walkers that are below the surface.

I'm ready for the midseason break. Hoping that the next half of the season is worth watching. I've been disappointed to be honest. I'm in the minority on this, but I don't care for Negan's character...at all.

They have made us choose.....either Negan or Zombies.....but not both. Well, I choose Zombies.

The Negan storyline has just gotten started. They have at least 1.5 more seasons worth of stuff before it wraps up.

I'm not really crazy about Negan, yet. Not sure if it's the Character or the acting. I never read the comic books, so for all I know, JDM is nailing it. There is Kirkman whom I would think is going to provide feedback. That said, I know myself well enough to not decide yet. I've hated other actors in a role only to realize how great they were acting to get me to hate them.

I was just thinking about the Actor who portrays Father Gabriel. I've really come to respect his acting chops. He had us all despising him, and now he's got us starting to like him.

It's possible the barge owner is dead. Or maybe not. Don't think I would be tempted to make myself an easy target either way.

As for rowing across, you think the owner as part of his defenses, provided raiders with a convenient row boat nearby? Maybe they built a raft. I'd hate to think of the walkers that are below the surface.

If the boat is on shore and not at the barge, the owner is likely away.

They stopped at the big sign saying the guy was a good shot. That was a perfect trap. If owner was in the barge he would have shot them, at that point.

At least if I was the guy holed up in the barge. ;)

Guy can't be on watch 24/7 months on end. So let's see how this plays out. I'd bet a cigar that neither Rick nor the other guy get shot or bitten.

Good episode tonight, and a nice transition point for a 2nd half season which I think will be what a lot of folks have been waiting for.

The slow buildup makes even more sense to me, in regards to storytelling. Little moments had more impact, etc. I told a friend who had been complaining: "don't think for a second that the writers have forgotten how to get you on the edge of your seat." I think the 2nd half will be redeeming in the eyes of some viewers.

Note to self - don't play pool with a psycho during the zombie apocalypse.

So how did the barge guy die? Self inflicted head shot?

Otherwise I'm looking forward for some more "hope". Things were getting painfully bleak.

Question for you all: In the scene where Michonne and that Savior lady stop the vehicle and she says "We're all Negan", what exactly is being shown in the next shot? It's looking down the road but I couldn't make out what it was trying to show the viewer. I've paused it and studied it but I can't for the life of me figure it out.

Question for you all: In the scene where Michonne and that Savior lady stop the vehicle and she says "We're all Negan", what exactly is being shown in the next shot? It's looking down the road but I couldn't make out what it was trying to show the viewer. I've paused it and studied it but I can't for the life of me figure it out.

Was it a horde of people?
I was slipping in and out of paying attention by that point of the episode.

I couldn't make out what it was trying to show the viewer
I'm thinking like Scap; just A LOT of people. Then Michonne tells Rick about their numbers. (After she put a bullet in the brain of the Saviour)

I'm thinking like Scap; just A LOT of people. Then Michonne tells Rick about their numbers. (After she put a bullet in the brain of the Saviour)

I must have completely glazed over for that part.
I remember the saviour chick saying to take the car and hide it, but didn't recall Michonne killing the saviour.

I must have completely glazed over for that part.
I remember the saviour chick saying to take the car and hide it, but didn't recall Michonne killing the saviour.
Yea, she says there's a silencer in the glove box. Then the camera pulls way back, but you hear the silencer report, and then, if you look closely, the lady goes over, etc.

Thanks guys, that's what it looked like to me as well. I couldn't tell if they were zombies or Saviors though. Michonne's comment would suggest they were Saviors but why would they all be out in the open like that? I couldn't figure out why that Savior wanted to die either, just sick of the life under Negan I assume?

Yea, them all being out in the open was odd, but I think the implication is they were "human".
The Saviour might, like you said, just didn't want to be "Negan" anymore, but again, the viewer would have to make that interpretation.
The writers do a lot of boneheaded things like that. :D