• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Search results

1. pback

Cigars going bad

oooh...I hadn't thought of that. I'm using bottled water since I can't get distilled out here. Could that explain it?
  2. pback

Cigars going bad

I'm not opposed to it, but I just the beads so I feel like I should try them out for a while. Maybe there's just a bit of an adjustment period.
  3. pback

Cigars going bad

Thanks so much for all of the replies. I'm going to work on getting the humidity regulated a little better and hope that fixes the problem. If it's all environmental then I guess I'll have one more reason for wanting to get home soon (and one more thing to look forward to when i get there)...
  4. pback

Cigars going bad

haha...thanks, Doc. Yea, I don't think overhumidification is an issue. I actually do dry box it for a couple hours before I light up so that it stabilizes. The burn is usually very uneven, but I'm inclined to blame the wind for that. I hadn't thought of funky sinuses throwing off the taste...
  5. pback

Cigars going bad

That might be it. I'll try slowing down a bit. Thanks for all the suggestions, guys. @kona: that's something i had thought about. It's not a cedar humi. It's a 40-count Herf-a-dor with the inner pads taken out so it'll hold a bit more. I have a couple cedar strips in it, but it's a...
  6. pback

Cigars going bad

Always cut
  7. pback

Cigars going bad

They did all come from the same place but were ordered at different times and have been in my humi anywhere from 1 to 4 months.
  8. pback

Cigars going bad

@kona: about half of the beads are clear @vortex: I calibrated the hygrometer about a month ago.
  9. pback

Cigars going bad

I've been keeping a pretty close eye on the humidity. My meter's been reading a fairly constant 67%.
  10. pback

Cigars going bad

I've been having an interesting situation the last few days. For the last 5 or 6 days every cigar I've tried to smoke has had a nasty bitter taste. The closest thing to describe it to is when you relight a cigar after it's burned out. Every cigar (3 or 4 different kinds) has been like this...
  11. pback

Looking For A Good Leathery Cigar....

If you mean taste as opposed to wrapper texture, I recommend the NC Punch Magnum. Currently one of my favorites.
  12. pback

What's Your Latest Purchase

still in the "trying everything I can" phase... 5 pack of Arturo Fuente 858 and 5 pack of La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor on their way to me now.
  13. pback

Cuban to smoke right away

That sounds like a lot of good suggestions. I better get to work... Thanks for all the help.
  14. pback

Strongest cigars you have smoked

+1 on the Joya de Nicaragua Antano 1970. glad i was sitting down.
  15. pback

Cuban to smoke right away

Hi all, I'm sorry if this topic has been addressed in the past; if so my search skills need improving. I know pretty much all cigars get better with age, and I've read that this or that cigar is best after 4 or 5 or 10 years in the humidor. Can anyone suggest a few that, if perhaps not ideal...
  16. pback

Today's Smoke II

and my first post outside of the Introduction thread...My Father #1
  17. pback

haha...nm. i just read the rest of your profile. i graduated the south hudson institute of...

haha...nm. i just read the rest of your profile. i graduated the south hudson institute of technology back in 09. used to love going up to cornwall. would make the trip for the canterbury brook inn and a pizza place whose name escapes me at the moment.
  18. pback

hey charlie, i noticed you attended the WP graduation last weekend. do you work there by any...

hey charlie, i noticed you attended the WP graduation last weekend. do you work there by any chance? Logan