• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Search results

1. Cigar FF

Cedar Shelving For Smaller Wine Fridge

It is probably a better idea to use boxes. I appreciate the suggestion. I was thinking about how it would look with boxes instead of drawers and I figured the drawers would have a much nicer finish. Practicality wise, it does make more sense.
  2. Cigar FF

Cedar Shelving For Smaller Wine Fridge

Is anyone still making shelves for wine fridges? I've emailed a couple of people within the last year or so and did not receive a response. It's for a small, 8-12 bottle wine fridge I'd like to turn into a humidor. Thanks in advance.
  3. Cigar FF

Happy birthday Cigar FF!

My apologies gents. Thank you very much for the birthday wishes.
  4. Cigar FF

Seasoned in a Week?

Gentlemen, thank you for the recommendation. I will look at the Ashton humidors. I've personally had 2 wood humidors and both of them suffered from humidity loss. I know they were both solid for many months then just crapped out. I'm beginning to think it's me...lol I then switched to a Lock...
  5. Cigar FF

Seasoned in a Week?

Well, it looks like I'm going to have to attempt to re-season the humidor as I cannot get the RH in the box above 55% unless I put the hygrometer on top of the beads. It's either a seal or somehow the box dried up a bit. I checked the RH of the environment outside of the box and nothing was...
  6. Cigar FF

So this happened...

Good for you. I remember wanting a daughter first but couldnt understand why. My daughter is now 5 and the adage is true, daddy's little girl. She is an independent, confident and strong little lady. She watches over her big brother who is almost 4 and makes sure no bigger kids pick on him. It's...
  7. Cigar FF

Seasoned in a Week?

Understood. I wonder how you find the appropriate "recovery" time? I made sure I put extra beads in there to overcome the possibility of frequent opening/closing episodes. I have checked after 24+ hours of being closed and still have seen the RH low. I'll continue to observe. Thanks for the...
  8. Cigar FF

Friends on the Forum

Curious to know the story behind how you become friends with some other members of the forum? I know that herfs, meetups, etc. are a great way to get to know fellow brothers and sisters but for some of you who live on opposite ends of the land, what is credited to the strengthening of your...
  9. Cigar FF

Seasoned in a Week?

Absolutely people are opening it but after 5 hours of the box being closed, I should expect the RH to stabilize a little, no? I'm pretty pissed about this RH thing...lol Just when I think I figured things out..... :mad: I can certainly try measuring the RH outside of the humidor. I just don't...
  10. Cigar FF

So this happened...

Congrats Tall Paul. Kids are great. They tax every last morsel of patience but in the end, it's a tremendous experience. I feel bad for your wife. Hopefully she doesn't have to push a 2' long baby out of her....sheeeesh! Wishing you both a happy and healthy pregnancy as well as a healthy newborn.
  11. Cigar FF

Seasoned in a Week?

Quick Update: I decided to wait it out another 3 weeks or so before I put faith in the humidor being seasoned. After adding beads (70% Heartfelt) and some cigars before I brought it to work, which was roughly 8-11 days, I was holding solid RH at 66-67%. Brought it to work, loaded it up and for...
  12. Cigar FF

Today's Smoke 2016

Yesterday, smoked a Montecristo Monte during the day and wound up double dipping with a Punch Gran Puro later that night. The Monte I had no complaints with. First time smoking one. Nothing to knock your socks off but would definitely smoke one again. The punch is always a consistent smoke...
  13. Cigar FF

I built a cigar lounge in my house. Check out the pics

This is F'in badass man. Nice work! I'm impressed with the smoke isolation and how none of it gets into the rest of the house. Thank you for sharing and for the invite ;) The art looks great. What's more impressive is that the wife didn't try to sabotage the project...lol
  14. Cigar FF

12 hours

Late to the party but Thank You For Your Service. It's not something for everyone and something that in my personal opinion, is not appreciated anywhere to the extent it should be. Thank you for being part of the fight to protect the freedoms EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US in the United States...
  15. Cigar FF

How was your week?

For the teething babies, we used to wet a wash cloth and let them naw on it. Seemed to work very well.
  16. Cigar FF

Seasoned in a Week?

I have noticed some of the cigars have been a little stiff. In my limited experience as well, I find that keeping the humidor at 70% is not as easy despite good seals, etc. I typically see the RH at 64-67%, which is where I prefer to smoke a cigar at. I usually don't smoke the cigar right out of...
  17. Cigar FF

Seasoned in a Week?

Well, the winedor is another topic....lol but I do open it several times per week. The humidor is going to work and will get a nice workout there. Hence, I want to make sure the humidification is solid as some of the people I work with are pretty clueless and don't have the best "etiquette" that...
  18. Cigar FF

Seasoned in a Week?

Ok, excellent. Thank you @MadMonk. Great lesson about the cigar having a tolerance as well. Never knew that. I use 70% beads and have rarely held at 70%. The RH usually sits closer to 67% which is fine by me so my logic is go a little higher and I likely won't maintain perfect humidification. I...
  19. Cigar FF

Seasoned in a Week?

As I was searching the Boveda line, I noticed they don't have 70% packs, either 69% or 72%. Both of these numbers are negligible but is it more advisable to go with the closest to beads which are at 70%? Also, how often do you find yourself replacing the Boveda packs over time? I was going to...
  20. Cigar FF

Seasoned in a Week?

Well, looks like I will need to get some Boveda packs then...lol never knew they were used in conjunction with other forms of humidification. Always learning something on this forum. @BlindedByScience I already ordered the Boveda Cal kits as the one that came with the humidor was new. I tried...