• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Search results

1. jgohlke

Happy Birthday grateful1

It's great having a birthday on Friday. Enjoy!
  2. jgohlke

Happy Birthday, jgohlke!

Thanks guys. I appreciate it. At this point (51), it's just another day, still I had some fun. Life has been so busy lately, that I don't have as much time for cigars or CP as I'd like (work is really a full day lately). My wife and I did get out last weekend for dinner and then later, a...
  3. jgohlke

I just quit

Good luck to you, Brad. These things have a habit of turning out for the better. I've never thought, "Why didn't I stay longer?"......after leaving a job. It's always been, "Why did I stay so long?" The place won't be the same without you.
  4. jgohlke

Spin Off on the Knife topic

Thanks Doc, I just looked it up on Wikipedia (linky)...interesting...I didn't know all that.... Edit: If we go back and forth a few more times, I can finally get over the 1000 post mark!
  5. jgohlke

Spin Off on the Knife topic

It also depends on what you are sharpening. Kitchen knives tend to be fairly thin and if you keep them sharp, they really only need a touch-up now and then. Almost any nice, flat sharpening stone will do for that. Working knives may need more attention. If you need to work out nicks or other...
  6. jgohlke

Hey, knife guys.... what's your EDC? I need a new one!

From Left to Right: No-name Butterfly Knife I bought for practicing one-handed opening/closing. Benchmade Switchback (discontinued), everyday carry for Business Casual dress (this is my everyday knife) Benchmade miniAFCK (discontinued), Probably 10 years old, used for chores around the house...
  7. jgohlke

Baton Rouge and New Orleans Cigar Shops

Thanks for the tip. I made a point of stopping by the Cigar Factory on Decatur when we visited a couple of days ago. It was a great experience. Neat to watch the rollers and the guys I talked to were knowledgeable and not pushy. I bought a box of cigars from them and they let me mix-n-match...
  8. jgohlke

Did this Newb get punk'd?

Yes, nicely played indeed.
  9. jgohlke

Big News!

Congrats man. It's a big deal.
  10. jgohlke

Back Surgery

Patience. Yeah, you'll learn. In a way, being laid up changed my life. I learned how to smoke a good cigar. Mostly, by sitting still. I learned how to let somebody wait on me (my wonderful wife). Harder than it sounds, at least for me. After my rehab, I learned how to SCUBA dive...
  11. jgohlke

Back Surgery

Hey brother, sorry to hear you are going under the knife. A couple of years I had some foot surgery and a friend of mine gave me the best advice ever. Before I pass it along to you, let me tell about my friend. He is one of the guys that just has no fear. He's got a file at his doctor's...
  12. jgohlke

Headin' down to Orlando 24 - 29 September

Sounds like fun. Merry and I will see you at the Corona store for sure. Hope you guys have safe flight and get to enjoy some of our fine Florida weather. It's still plenty warm, but at least there aren't any hurricanes!
  13. jgohlke

Promotion to Major

Great to hear! Congratulations.
  14. jgohlke

Got my ride

Looks like big fun. I'm surprised the gun mount let you swing on the tail. Old planes are cool!
  15. jgohlke

The Smart Car

For what it's worth, I just bought a new 2009 Mini Cooper Clubman as my primary driver. I've been driving a 2003 F-150. I had a couple of Ford Explorers before that. I've had the new Mini about 2 weeks and it has about 500 miles on it. I'm 6'1" and about 210. My son, who is 25, is about...
  16. jgohlke

Good clean adult fun

Never heard of The Works bomb. Pretty cool. Back when I was a teenager, it was lighter fluid and some beer cans taped together shooting tennis balls. Of course, back then, any kid could buy lighter fluid and beer cans were real cans! Later, when I got older, I built a potato cannon out of...
  17. jgohlke

Downtown Disney

Orlando has a 3-store chain of cigar stores called The Corona Cigar Store. One of them is very close to the Disney area. It is a little on the expensive side (usually full retail price, sometimes more), but still worth the trip. They have a very large selection, they sell beer and wine and...
  18. jgohlke

Good Morning S / BOTL

Well Good Morning yourself, Charlie! It's a gonna be a hot one here in Central Florida today. I took the day off yesterday to get my mom to the hospital and back. She had a short surgery on her elbow to fix a pinched nerve. Surgery went well and she was back home the same day. We crawled...
  19. jgohlke

Now many cigars do you smoke a day

I'm in the 1 per week crowd for sure, sometimes less. I laughed when I read 4-8 day per day. Who has that kind of time?
  20. jgohlke

iPhone 3.0 Update: Bit of a letdown, hmm?

We upgraded all 5 of our phones to the new OS on Wednesday and are pretty happy with it. I don't need tethering and don't care much about MMS, although I agree AT&T dropped the ball on this one. That was pretty obvious by watching the Apple keynote speech and the way they talked about them. I...