• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Search results

1. junkman_56

Marines ban social networking sites

Marines ban social networking sites like Twitter and Facebook. http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/08/04/marines.social.media.ban/index.html Is this a "social networking site"?
  2. junkman_56

Youngest son graduated HS yesterday

Well yesterday was another momentous day in the life of a parent. My youngest son graduated from High School as an Honor Student. I’m so very of him. In the fall he will be attending Virginia Tech and was accepted into their Engineering department. At the end of the day when everyone had left...
  3. junkman_56

and for everyone inbetween

Well, there is a post for FOGs and for NEWBIES. This one is for the vast majority of us that are not either. I'm just a guy that enjoys a GOOD cigar.
  4. junkman_56

So what other hobbies do you have?

I know that we have talked about this before, but we now have lots of new members now. I’m interested to see what else you guys like to do in your spare time. Me, I’m a caver. I love caving and I'm really into vertical caving. I also like to teach cave rescue with the National Cave Rescue...
  5. junkman_56

Bridge Day 2008

As some of you know I’m a caver and also like to rappel long drops. This past weekend I had the opportunity to rappel the New River Gorge Bridge on the annual Bridge Day celebration. What a BLAST!!! From the top of the bridge to the water is 876’. We setup our ropes on the catwalk under the...
  6. junkman_56

Took my oldest to college yesterday

Yesterday I had one of those momentous days as a parent when your first child goes off to college. We drove down to JMU (James Madison University) in the morning and got him all set up. He met his roommate (another geek) and got him settled in. I’m looking forward to see how he grows into...
  7. junkman_56

Out of the loop

Hi Guys, I have been out of the loop for almost three weeks now. First there was a week at the Outer Banks of NC. No phones or computers, just sand, sun, family and cigars. It was great. A few days home and then a trip to Huntsville AL to see my brother and drop some of the big pit caves in...
  8. junkman_56

My son graduated from High School today

Well, it has been a great day. My son graduated from High School today and it was great. The weather was wonderful, which was good because it was held outdoors. After the graduation ceremony, we went to his favorite Mexican restaurant to celebrate. Tonight I will sit down with a Casa Fuente...
  9. junkman_56

Happy Birthday Moki

Happy Birthday Moki. I hope you can find the time today to smoke on of those fine cigars in your collection.
  10. junkman_56

They walk among us...

I walked into a Blimbie's with a buy-one-get-one-free coupon for a sandwich. I handed it to the girl and she looked over at a little chalkboard that said "buy one-get one free". "They're already buy-one-get-one-free", she said, "so I guess they're both free". She handed me my free sandwiches...
  11. junkman_56

Passed my CCNA exam today

Well brothers I finally passed my CCNA (640-802) exam today with a score of 986 out of 1000. For all the non-networking geeks out there (that probably most of you) it is the Cisco Certified Network Associate exam. This was my second time taking the test. The first time I missed passing by 10...
  12. junkman_56

Watching March Madness

OK guys, how many of you folks are watching the NCAA Tournament at work? http://ncaasports.com/mmod?source=mktg_mmo...d08_vip1_n-hpps
  13. junkman_56

Brett Favre to retire

I thought he would be around for at least one more year: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/foot...ex.html?cnn=yes He had one hell of a career. I expect he will get into the Hall of Fame in his first year of eligibility
  14. junkman_56

Happy Birthday theHatguy

Happy Birthday Dennis. I hope you have the chance to smoke a good one today.
  15. junkman_56

Identity theft

I got home on Monday of this week and found out I was the victim of identity theft. Earlier that day my wife had tried to use our Visa card and it was rejected. Strange… She called the credit card company and found out that someone claiming to be me had canceled our Visa card on Saturday and...
  16. junkman_56

OMG Infinity

Well I finally get home late after a ball buster of a Monday. My wife had picked up the mail earlier in the day. Mostly the usual stuff; bills, junk mail and two small boxes. I was expecting one, it was from KeyserSoze with some VSG’s he had posted for sale. The other one was one from an...
  17. junkman_56

Wow, just past 2000 post mark

Wow I can’t believe I just past the 2000 post mark. I just want to say thanks to all the members of this board, both old and new. My time here at Cigar Pass has been great. When I came here almost three years ago, I was looking to enhance my knowledge of cigars. I wanted to learn about...
  18. junkman_56

Early Christmas gift

Over the weekend we went over my wife's sisters house for an early Christmas celebration with their family. They are going out-of-town for the holidays and we got together for a very nice evening of food, drink and sharing of gifts. I got three nice cigars and this: Man I was floored, it's...
  19. junkman_56

Las Vegas Big Smoke Saturday Seminars

I'm not a huge fan of CA the magazine, but I love reading their articles about the Big Smoke Seminars. I hope to attend one of these someday... Here is a link to the Las Vegas Big Smoke Saturday Seminars articles: http://www.cigaraficionado.com/Cigar/CA_Fe...44,2120,00.html Scroll down the the...
  20. junkman_56

Damn, I’ve been hit

At the end of another long day, I call home and my wife tells me that a package was delivered. What the hell, I’m not expecting anything and the new Harry Potter book is not supposed to arrive until tomorrow. I get home, open the box and BOOM,... Damn Jrfields you hit hard. Thank you very...