• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Search results

1. BlindedByScience

A little Staebell maintenance....

One of the humidifier fans in my Staebell cabinet started making an amazing amount of racket...... :oops: Nothing to complain about, after ~16 years in a very high humidity environment. +24 volts on these, so I picked up a couple of one of my fave brand DC fans, Jamicon ball bearing fans...
  2. BlindedByScience

Some good news....

Good news for us for a change.... https://halfwheel.com/premium-cigar-industry-beats-fda-in-court-regulations-vacated/428214/?fbclid=IwAR3TgXlhpIVqlF1oST2iYAHJCPUB3tQs2EVbDRrcjaH2N5agxgoaYmb8ZU4
  3. BlindedByScience

Any Toyota mechanics in Boise...??

Moving my son back from NE...driving, making the trek...and his alternator goes out, about 30 miles outside of Boise. Great. Its a '93 Camery. We managed to get it to a Chevron travel stop, so its not on I-84, thankfully. AAA is coming, we can get it towed to the Toyota dealer in Boise. If...
  4. BlindedByScience

Attacked by Pugs.....

....or maybe just the ringleader. Ed (Pugman) nailed me good with some awesome looking sticks that I haven't tried yet.....but am very much looking forward to..!! Ed, this is just too much. Thank you so much for the great sticks...!! I'll let 'em rest for a day or three, and dig in. Really...
  5. BlindedByScience

....in other news...

...yeah, looks like the hurricane is kicking some butts. I'm sure this will help the cigar availability and prices.... https://www.cigaraficionado.com/article/hurricane-lands-in-heart-of-cuba-s-tobacco-region
  6. BlindedByScience

H. Vachon fails at basic math....

Seemed simple enough; Hayden had some smokes I was interested in, I had some he was interested in, we agreed to trade 5'ers. Simple, right..?? I threw in a tasty extra, to sweeten my end of the deal. Got his end and the devastation was pretty complete. What a surprise, blew me away...
  7. BlindedByScience

CigarStone can't follow basic instructions.......

Gosh, it seemed simple enough; Jeff was going to send me some empty brass for reloading, and I was going to hit him up with some cigars. Seems simple, right..?? But....no. Jeff hits me with the empty brass AND some very nice cigars..!! Completely unexpected, and over the top. Jeff....can't...
  8. BlindedByScience

Run your cigars under tap water...??

We got through our cold snap....low 20's for several nights in a row. I know that's not all that cold for some of the folks, but here it's pretty dang cold. Out with a nice cigar, and in that weather the wrapper basically 'blew up' and I was rewarded with a ruined cigar. Reminded me that one...
  9. BlindedByScience

Rest in Peace, Neil

Heartbroken. In my opinion, the greatest drummer in rock history has passed away. A talent that had to be admired, and respected. An artist, author, and musician that defined what greatness sounded like. Their music was a soundtrack for much of my life, and one of my favorite bands of all time...
  10. BlindedByScience

Anyone in the Portland, OR area want to meet up today...??

I'm off to the lounge in a couple hours. Feeling generous....;-) Let me know.....
  11. BlindedByScience

SensorPush - 20% off through the weekend

I've got no dog in the fight, but I do own three of these little wonders and I can't recommend them highly enough. Reasonably priced, and with 20% off through the weekend, you've got no reason not to enjoy wireless humidity sensing. I salt calibrated mine, found them within a point of...
  12. BlindedByScience

Bomb protocol

This came up in another thread, and I thought it's worth it's own thread, for all our new members and as a reminder to those of us that aren't so new. As far as bomb protocol, I'm in the school that doesn't think posting pics or providing details are proper. Our very own SamClemmons said it...
  13. BlindedByScience

jfields does not play fair......

USPS lady stops by with a box, hands to me and asks "....cigars, I think..??..." (yeah, she knows me...;-). I suffer a bit of short term panic; what did I order and forget about..?? I look at the return address, and have a hunch as to what's going on. But, when I opened the box, my guesses...
  14. BlindedByScience

EAS (End of Active Service) Day

FB Post from my son Robert a few minutes ago; "...Well it's been a long ride and I have made friends and family that I will cherish for a lifetime but after a little over 10 years I have EAS'ed from the Marine Corps. I am forever grateful for everyone who has helped and mentored me along the...
  15. BlindedByScience

Staebell controller and fan upgrade....it's....alive...!!

Finally finished up, seems to be running great..!! Took pics of the whole job, will post in a bit. Went relatively smooth, one minor bit of fabrication required but not a big deal. That was my fault for putting bigger re-circ fans in the cabinet...but I'm really glad I did. I'll let it run...
  16. BlindedByScience

Annual Maintenance..??

Yesterday, I did an annual maintenance job that I'm trying to do on at least an annual basis....though I'm trying to do this a couple times a year. I took every box of cigars in my cabinet out. Each one got opened up and given a good look over, the wonderful smells got enjoyed, and they got...
  17. BlindedByScience

Portland OR over the holidays...??

We live north of PDX in Vancouver, wondering if anyone has plans to visit the area over the holiday..?? Good time to meet up for a beverage and a smoke if anyone's interested...??
  18. BlindedByScience

Merciless bombing from TX.....major hit....

...so, I get a box today from some guy named Ed that is known to like dogs, specifically pugs. Well, I like dogs too so I took the chance and opened it up. Bombed to pieces doesn't cover it.....what a hit. Ed, you nailed me beyond words with some great sticks. Brother, I'll smoke every...
  19. BlindedByScience

Box opening and review - TATUAJE T110 "Thermonuclear"

Some of us may remember the Tatuaje T110 from almost a decade ago. If I recall accurately, Tatuaje did a small production run, then a dealer in Hawaii talked them into making another 200 or so boxes. I scored two of those boxes; one to smoke, one to hang onto. Well, today's the day for the...