• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Search results

1. martinman

Help me out with this one.. Ambros Mundos

Hi Everyone, I finally got around to trying some smokes that I got during one of the noob trades. I really liked the Ambros Mundos and want to get more. However, I'm a bit confused looking on-line -- it seems that the band has changed? Is this true? I can't seem the find the plain old band...
  2. martinman

A good 20-40 count?

What size is it?
  3. martinman

A good 20-40 count?

Well, close - I have a 58 reissue. The pic is a real '59. Only a slight difference :). *cough*. The top is almost identical though!
  4. martinman

A good 20-40 count?

OK guys - thanks for the advice. Looks like I'll be going with the lock container! Do you use cedar trays or separators to better organize things?
  5. martinman

A good 20-40 count?

Ah - maybe a bad assumption... I thought the humidor - specifically the cedar - contributed to the aging process (in addition to stablizing humidity).
  6. martinman

A good 20-40 count?

I spent some time and looked at the travel options. Definetly the right size, but i dont think the sticks will age that much given the environment (yes, I want it all :) ). 100ct is way too much. Id have to fill it all the way up, then I'd have to smoke them.... Hmm... There are certainly...
  7. martinman

A good 20-40 count?

Hi Everyone, I'm torn between a tupperdor and a nice small humidor. About 4 yrs ago I went the humidor route from cheaphumorous.com and had a heck of a time keeping rel. humidity up. It was a constant battle. (used beads, digital calibrated hygdrometer). Fast forward a few years and I'm...
  8. martinman

Can someone recommend a decent desktop humi?

How much? I can't seem to find any prices on these. BTW, what cooler do you guys use for your coolerdor? m
  9. martinman

Can someone recommend a decent desktop humi?

My first humi was from thompson. After having many problems with humidity, I finally tested it and found that it didn't seal properly. Ok, no prob, I pitched the cheap cigars and bought another from cheaphumidors.com. This one works well (it's a 100ct 3/4 full), but I had a ton of problems...
  10. martinman

Jerico -- new blend?

Can someone comment on the "new blend" of jerico? I bought some last year and it's become my goto stick. I'm wondering at what point they were bought, and at what point was the blend changed?
  11. martinman

Cars: Buy used? New? lease? Advice needed

So you leased an older car? You can do this? I thought leases were reserved for newer cars only? You're point on certified pre-owned is taken. That's what I thought for a long time.
  12. martinman

Believe me, I'd love to have that choice. But alas, I cannot (see post above). However, you did mention some of things i'm interested in: 1. 4WD/AWD (a must) 2. Manual Transmission (sort of a must... but maybe not unless CUV) 3. Storage space -- bike rack I'm leaning toward a wagon - Volvo...
  13. martinman

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I can definetly see the benefits of each, but my gut feeling is to go used. BTW, I'm under some 'restrictions' ... yeah, you might call them that. Volvo, mazda, land rover, jaguar.. etc. etc... My requirements for a vehicle are really for kid haulin'...
  14. martinman

Ok, so here's my situation... I have a family friend in the car business and I've been able to get great lease deals over the past several years. This will end soon, and I'll reaturn to paying 'normal' prices so I'm investigating options. Here's my situation. I live ~5 miles to/from work...
  15. martinman

Beads: Distilled vs. Filtered water

I thought temperature played only a small role in RH? It's around 66deg right now, but can get as low as 62 (but as high as 70). I (finally) found a spot in the room that maintains a decent temprature range. So what is the optimum temperature? 70deg? That probably won't happen here in the...
  16. martinman

Beads: Distilled vs. Filtered water

For a while now, I've been using filtered water from from our britta in the frig to recharge my beads. I haven't noticed any coloring issues (a previous thread said they 'yellow' over time). However, I'm having a heck of a time keeping them charged in the Michigan winter. I recharge them and...
  17. martinman

Winter storage sugestions?

crap.. Well, these goes my theory. I'll give it more time to recharge and stablize.
  18. martinman

I think things are under control now. I turned the heat on in the house, and it's at a constant 69 degrees. Humitidy is right around 65%. Before, the house temp was anywhere from 58 (yikes!) to 66 -- the only regulation was windows. It seems like if I keep the temperature around 68-72...
  19. martinman

Yep. I learned that the hard way. My wife has seen me frantically moving my humi in the basement this past summer. Turns out, the most regular temp was on a shelf about a foot off the ground in the basement. Humidity was jus about perfect. I trying to avoid the same type of behavior in the...
  20. martinman

It's been holding at 60%-62% for the past week. I haven't recharged the beads for several weeks (at least 4). Maybe it's just me - I had a humi last year that had a bad seal.. So, the winter months didn't go to well. I guess I'm assuming I'll have similar problems. I just recharged them...