• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Search results

1. PetersCreek

Happy Birthday PetersCreek !

Thanks! Sorry I’m so late.
  2. PetersCreek

Happy birthday PetersCreek!

Hell, I think it's been 14–15 years or more but I do remember. Haven't been to DC since then.
  3. PetersCreek

What states are represented here?

Peters Creek (Municipality of Anchorage) Alaska... ...pissing off Texans and their cute little state since 1959. :D
  4. PetersCreek

What's on your plate today?

I’m the designated Sunday breakfast cook at the house in Peters Creek. It seems like it’s been forever since we’ve had it, so I made eggs Benedict for us this past Sunday, with potatoes. The Wife® got my boring old home made Canadian bacon and I had mine Alaska style, with my smoked Copper...
  5. PetersCreek

A different kind of birch beer

The Wife and I spent last Sunday in Talkeetna, Alaska...a beautiful blue sky day in the mid-70s, which is sweltering for us thick-blooded folk. While there, we took the “deluxe tour” of the Denali Brewery. Founded in 2009, they are now the second largest brewery in the state, behind the...
  6. PetersCreek

Finally found it: The GlenDronach 12

After weeks of searching and asking at the local spirit mongers, I finally found it...at the Base Exchange Shopette, of all places: I had a dram last night with a metric dollop of water. Not a terribly focused tasting but my first impression was floral nectar, honey, and spice on the nose...
  7. PetersCreek

Any cabinet builders in the house?

I'm not really a cabinet maker but I am a woodworker and I like working with cherry a lot. It's pretty easy to mill and as mentioned, it's not too hard on your tools. Sawn and routed edges can be prone to burning, though. Properly adjusted tools with sharp, clean blades and bits can minimize...
  8. PetersCreek

What Beer Did You Drink Today (2018)

Meant to post this yesterday evening: Imperial IPA from King Street Brewing in Anchorage, Alaska. 9.0% ABV, 80 IBU. 750 ml of creamy, hoppy goodness!
  9. PetersCreek

What Beer Did You Drink Today (2018)

I took a beautiful day off to be home for a well pump replacement. Time for a local brew: Husky IPA, Alaskan Brewing Co., 7% ABV, 50 IBU.
  10. PetersCreek

Homemade Bread ?

Sorry I missed your reply for so long! The book is packed with a lot of information about the process but here's the basic recipe: One ¼-oz/7g package active dry yeast (I use 2¼ tsp bread machine yeast) ½ cup/120 ml warm water (between 100 and 115°F/38 and 45°C) 1 tbsp barley malt syrup or 1...
  11. PetersCreek

Homemade Bread ?

I've dabbled in bread making but I haven't gotten into it heavily yet. I do like to make pretzels and pretzel breads, though. I have one book on the subject: Pretzel Making at Home by Andrea Slonecker. Making pretzels appeals to my inner science geek since the recipe calls for a dip in a...
  12. PetersCreek

Hugh Jorgan

So sometimes, a cigar isn't just a cigar, eh? Another round on target.
  13. PetersCreek

Finally got a Job

Oooh...Fayette-Nam but congrats! ;) I was stationed about an hour away in Goldsboro...Seymour Johnson AFB...for 11 years. When it came time to retire, I considered Raleigh and Asheville nut now that my blood has gotten so thick, I can't imagine living in that heat any more. When's the...
  14. PetersCreek

Buy Real EU/USA/UK/Canadian Passports,Driver’s License,(kenhiner600@yahoo.co.uk)ID Cards,Visas, USA

If we're going to apply that rule, I think it's only fair that we demand that he smoke the moped and write a review.
  15. PetersCreek

Buy Real EU/USA/UK/Canadian Passports,Driver’s License,(kenhiner600@yahoo.co.uk)ID Cards,Visas, USA

I killed one of these spammers on a board I moderate. Dirty rotten spammer.
  16. PetersCreek

What's on your plate today?

Dinner tonight was ham, barbecue beans, potato salad, broccoli and cauliflower salad, and something new for the PetersCreek household: maple-apple bread pudding, with a bourbon caramel glaze and bacon crumbles... This was my favorite dessert at an Anchorage restaurant but they dropped it from...
  17. PetersCreek

What Beer Did You Drink Today (2017)

Alaskan Brewing Company's Heritage Coffee Brown Ale[/] paired with a Padron 4000 Maduro. It's a fall seasonal but the weather on the deck is still cool enough to fake it.
  18. PetersCreek

The moment when you think we're all gonna die...

Sitting on the deck and looking up at my now snow- and ice-free roof, I think back to last Saturday when it wasn't so ice-free. I was sitting in the "office" absorbed in some 3D modeling for a new project, when all hell started breaking loose. I thought at first that a plane had crashed into...