• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Search results

1. Fyodor

Well, I joined the ranks of pipe smokers today

Many a cigar smoker has made the switch to smoking pipes exclusively after years of experience with them. It can take a long time before you really get it though. A pipe is much more challenging to smoke than a cigar. It takes a lot of experience and patience to get it just right. There are...
  2. Fyodor

What's in your pipe today?

Smoking Samuel Gawith Best Brown Flake in an eighty year old no name pipe. Ordered eight oz. of Full Virginia Flake from 4noggins last night, they had it in stock for about twelve hours or so, gotta be on the ball these days!
  3. Fyodor

Soapy Lakeland tobacco yummyness

Yeah it's definitely going to be a problem getting a hold of these. If worse comes to worse I will eventually go there myself and pick some up, not that I am going to go for just that reason of course, I've been meaning to take the trip in a year or so. Lakeland's seem to be a love it or hate...
  4. Fyodor

Soapy Lakeland tobacco yummyness

Wow, it's been a long time since I've been around here! I've been smoking my pipes almost exclusively these days, smoking a cigar only about once a month. It had taken me quite a while to get the hang of smoking a pipe and finding out what tobaccos I enjoy best but man was it worth it...
  5. Fyodor

Cabaiguan tasting

I've tried everything by Cabaiguan, it's my favorite cigar right now. My tastes differ though. I like the Guapo the best of those three. I picked up a fiver of the Maduros and smoked one and I'm going to let the others rest. I thought it was good but I prefer the Guapo. The WCD is actually...
  6. Fyodor

Talk some sense into a newb here!

My first desktop was a Cuban Crafters 30 ct. It worked well and I've heard other's have had good luck with them too. Their cigars don't do much for me though.
  7. Fyodor

Tobacco Ratings/Tasting notes...

That was an enjoyable read, thanks for posting it.
  8. Fyodor

what should i hit next?

I also agree. It's the best cigar out there at the price point. Also try a Padron 1964 if you can find one.
  9. Fyodor

Kinder, gentler CP?

Good post Bruce and I completely agree. It doesn't bother me a bit if someone has a question he/she wants answered but doesn't necessary want to become a full time poster and go through the whole introduction thing. Why would someone have to be a recognized, established member to get a simple...
  10. Fyodor

Need some help, kinda urgent!

Samplers are a good idea. It's going to depend on how many people will be there that smoke cigars and how serious they are about the hobby. I always recommend Davidoff because they are classy, crowd pleasers and seem perfect for a wedding. Very pricey though. Padron is the best value IMHO...
  11. Fyodor

A new ashtray just completed.

That's really wonderful, nice job!
  12. Fyodor

Davidoff Aniversario No. 3 Tubo

I agree they are very nice cigars. If it weren't for the price I would smoke a ton of these.
  13. Fyodor

Can tobacco dry out in sealed tin?

I ordered two tins of Westminster recently from Smokingpipes.com and they also have that very dry sounding rattle to them. I thought it was pretty odd. I haven't opened them yet as I already have too many opened tins. I'm a little worried now. I'll let you guys know what happens when I...
  14. Fyodor

Liga Privada No. 9 by Drew Estates

I bought three singles from Serious Cigars based on this thread too. I would never have dreamed of buying a Drew Estates cigar otherwise. At Serious Cigars they call them Oscuro. Do these come in different wrappers? Mine are quite dark. I Haven't smoked one yet.
  15. Fyodor

Telemarketing calls

I must hurry quick! My warranty is about to expire. Wait, my car is ten years old and I never did have a warranty. And if I do I don't imagine it is going to expire all that soon considering they have been warning me about it every day for the last year. I'll PM you next time they call.
  16. Fyodor

CIGAR RIGHTS OF AMERICA ANNOUNCED

It's looking worse every day. I believe in the very near future cigar prices will be almost unapproachable. Take Canada as an example. Now is the time to stockpile. If I'm wrong you will just end up with a large quantity of aged cigars. It's already reached the point in many cities where...
  17. Fyodor

Aging Cuban Cigars

I'm certainly no expert but my experience is exactly the opposite of what Derek said about aging and strength. I've never had a deeply aged cigar that had any noticeable nicotine buzz to it. I've had endless fresh cigars that have. Age a La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Chisel 10 years and...
  18. Fyodor

So Double D bought himself a pipe...

Hey Double D, get yourself a Boswell Churchwarden and some Frog Morton on the Town. That's been my favorite combination lately anyway. The English blends took me a little time to develop a taste for but now I love them! Maybe just try a good straight Virginia, it would be less of a shock...
  19. Fyodor

Tatuaje Black

Thanks for the info,it's actually $2 and some change then. Plus our 10% sales tax here in Chicago.
  20. Fyodor

WTSS for Tat Blacks

My B&M has them for $15 a single. They also said they were not impressed with them and think they were rushed due to demand. Not sure if they are selling full jars.