• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Search results

1. P

Cellar Gallery from the Pipe Tobacco Aging FAQ

Doc and Carlos are members on a pipe board I frequent, Both of them have had MAJOR additions to their stash. Heres Doc's photobucket,you can tell he's single. :D :D http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd193/DockJPerry/
  2. P

What's in your pipe today?

St James Woods in a Stanwell Hans Christian Anderson III. Red Va, Stoved Va and half a ton of Perique. Very good combo for sitting at your computer,staring out the door, acting like your working.
  3. P

Favorite Pipes

I've had Dunhills,Castellos,Winslows,Bjarnes, a dozen or so one off hand mades by various carvers. But when I grab a pipe to relax 9 times out of 10 its a Stanwell.
  4. P

Places to buy Pipe Tobacco & Accessories

www.danpipe.com Great place to find pipes and blends not available stateside.
  5. P

Escudo in a Stanwell Hans Christian Anderson.
  6. P

Burly recomendations?

GL Pease, Cumberland: damn good Barbary Coast:slight touch of brandy Peretti's BPC:Burley Plug Cut DD: My favorite from them Peter Stokkbye Cube Cut, Danish take on burley...pretty good, especially considering the price C&D : Old Joe Krantz...
  7. P

Balkan Sobranie

McClellands Rose of Latakia is actually Virginia,Oriental, and Latakia. The portion of Syrian in it is very small.
  8. P

The Holly Grail

My Holy Grail is usually whatever I'm smoking at the moment. Sorry assed answer huh. Wont attempt just one but these are in the top 10. The pre-Murrey Dunhills GLPease Renaissance Ashton Pebblecut out of the current production stuff GLPease Blackpoint,Embarcadero, and Westminster...
  9. P

Taste of Pipe Tobacco

I'm a bit late to the discussion but here are some good sites for info regarding tobaccos. www.glpease.com http://pipes.priss.org http://www.pipedia.org/index.php?title=Pipe_Tobaccos
  10. P

McC Arcadia in a huge IMP Meer. Sadley its the last of a tin from 04.
  11. P

Peterson Project

Curious, Did you buff that stem or just do the old olive oil rub? FWIW: pipesandcigars.com sales replacement Peterson system stems. Only place other than sending the pipe back to Pete that I've found.
  12. P

Sam Gawith Commonwealth in a Bosi 'stokershaven' Dublin
  13. P

Having some Ashton Black Parrot from 1996 in a Castello Ole Antiquaria Great Line. :D Life is good
  14. P

How was the Presbyterian Mixture? I've added it to my cart a hundred times but it always seems to get cut in the "more tins than budget" edit. Going old school today. PA in a Pete
  15. P

Butz Choquin or Nording?

Have you considered any of the Savinelli lines in the same general price range? Damn good briars for the money. As for the Nording/BC question I'm going with the danish carver 90% of the time.
  16. P

07 Christmas Cheer

If he didnt mean 06 and 07 I need his addy :whistling: I have an 05 and an 06 but I havent grabbed an 07 yet. I dont actually intend on smoking em, their really just for collecting purposes as I like very little of McC's baccys. A guy on another bored said it was a fairly good smoke (sweet red...
  17. P

It Has Begun...

I got in on the 'Altadis Sampler' when it was still ground level and they sent 30 or so pouches. Out of all the baccy they sent 'fox and hound' was the only one I would ever consider smoking again. It is a nice light english,Please keep us updated as you experiance more baccys.
  18. P

I have 4 tins of Dunhill(Murreys)Light Flake and a tin of Renassaince stashed away... :) Had a bowl 10yr old Nightcap on the ride home from a minivacation today, mellow.
  19. P

Anyting worth doing is worth overdoing

Good Luck on the endeavor. Wish I had started out with as nice a collection.
  20. P

Microwave tobacco?

Taking a pipeful out of the tin,scattering it on a paper plate,and allowing it to sit for a half hr or so will dry it out enough to smoke unless its loaded with PG. I'll not argue the nuke deal either way but I've always figured it was for heating up 8am coffee at 9 at night :D