• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Search results

1. H

Father’s Day Scotch Buy - DONE

I guess that leaves me out permanently. Putting my mailing address on a public website isn't something I'll ever do and I would advise anyone I know against it as well.
  2. H

Father’s Day Scotch Buy - DONE

Yeah, that makes two of us....Need to check here more often. They appear to close quickly.
  3. H

What an experience!

Hmmmm. Mine have all been "perfecto". Definitely don't write them off, they are a really good cigar. Mine have all burned very well given the somewhat distorted shape in the middle.
  4. H

anejo v/s 1964

I'd take the Padron every time. I'm not a big fan of AF cigars, I know, it is unheard of in stogie land. Padron on the other hand are very much to my liking. I attribute it primarily to the flavor profie. I find Padron's are much more to my liking than any of the AF's I've sampled.
  5. H

Wine glasses

I need to clarify that we're talking about glass? I find my scotch tastes great from my Kohls glassware. If I paid the prices you guys are suggesting for 4 stinking glasses I'd have no money left for Pistols and shotguns. :love:
  6. H

Lagavulin 16yr

I am compelled to update this review. After 1/2 the bottle and going back and forth between LV and OP I have to say the LV has taken the lead as my favorite scotch. The smoke and peat really draw you in over time. I still recommend Old Pultney if you haven't tried it...
  7. H

Lagavulin 16yr

Lagavulin, 16 yr Islay. One of the oldest distilleries in Scottland, history of competition with Laphroaig for the distinction of the "best" Islay scotch. The nose is very interesting. Slightly peaty, with smoke, salt and honey present. First taste is smokey and slightly peaty. (Not...
  8. H

Old Pulteney 12 yo Scotch

Great review! Thanks, I'm glad you taste the saltiness as well. Thought I was tasting things. This is one of my favorite single malts. Just tried some Lagavulin 16yr, quite good too. Worth putting on your list as well. I think you'll enjoy it as well.
  9. H

Another C-Bid Overpay

You were obviously cheated by their lies and misinformation.
  10. H

Torano 1916 cameroon

I'd say you got a good deal. Never had this variety, but all of the other CT's I've had I like a lot.
  11. H

Pick Vitasea's Cohiba DC EL 2003 contest

Stupid me....I thought we were trying to find the one "real" one, not the one fake. I voted for number 5 thinking it looked good. It was pretty obvious #3 was a bad one.
  12. H

Another C-Bid Overpay

I guess you'll just have to agree to disagree. All of your facts are largely disputed by my above posts. You are entitled to your opinion however.
  13. H

Another C-Bid Overpay

No disagreement. I should have been more clear. Picking up Indian Tabac's, Gurkha's, Padrons (on occasion) and other reputable smokes for a buck or two that I can't get at all or for less than $5 - $7 from my local shop are what I consider a good deal. I've had a couple turds, but when you know...
  14. H

Another C-Bid Overpay

In response to those who think CBID lies?? The pictures aren't always the exact product and they tell you to read the product description. - How is that a lie or deception? Look familiar? "Image indicative of product. See description for exact detail." The singles are ALWAYS listed under...
  15. H

Another C-Bid Overpay

I hate to tell you. But you are buying the wrong sticks on C-bid. If your taste only allows you to smoke Graycliff, Padron or AF you indeed are wasting your time. I don't even bother looking at those brands on there. If however, your tastes allow you to smoke Gurkha's or IT sticks there are...
  16. H

Gurkha Genghis Khan Churchill

No, as AVB states they aren't the same. The one's on special are VERY close to the Regent's. So close I'd have a hard time telling the difference. I think they're a tad lighter with some very subtle flavor variations. Good sticks. I expected some more differentiation from the Regent sticks though.
  17. H

Great Scotch Link

I hope this isn't a duplicate. Lots of good information here. Scotch Information
  18. H

Camacho?

I've smoked the " Camacho SLR Rothschild Maduro" and found them to be very good. Medium bodied with good flavor and lots of smoke. I'd be careful about lumping an entire line of cigars into a bad category because you didn't like two of them. There are likely to be Camacho's out there more to...
  19. H

Gurkha Genghis Khan Churchill

I have a fiver of Ancient Warriors aging in my Humi. They're 7.5" long so they haven't found their way into my mouth yet. It is hard to find time to smoke something that long. From your post you think they compare favorably to the other K. Hansotia cigars?
  20. H

cohiba esplendidos

I've smoked three in my life and have two sitting in my humidor aging as I type this......I haven't smoked one in a couple of months so the taste isn't fresh in my mind. However, I find they are very similar in flavor to the Siglo VI in most respects. I've smoke a few Cohiba's and they appear...