• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Search results

1. beparrish

Finally finished my Boli PCs, order more or try something new?

Boli PCs are my favorite Petite Corona. I always have at least one full box tucked away for emergencies. :-)   Another PC that I like is the Juan Lopez. Doesn't get a lot of love from folks, but I enjoy them. And of course, the Monte #4 is a great cigar, though a bit pricey for a PC.
  2. beparrish

Tell your story about getting sick...

My "first" was a fresh Opus X  (Fuente Fuente size). Had to really work it to keep it lit, and about halfway through, it hit me. I managed to drive home, and then just collapsed on the sofa. Couldn't watch the NCAA basketball tournament, as all the players running back and forth made me dizzy.  ...
  3. beparrish

A question for the smoking golfers out there

Double Chateau Fuente SG for me. The SG wrapper holds up to the varying weather conditions, and it's a 9-hole cigar for me. Two in my bag, and I'm good to go.   And as a PSA - NEVER put your cigar on the ground. Between herbicides, pesticides, fertilizers and such, there is nothing good that can...
  4. beparrish

Cigar lineup for vacation

It's always fun, preparing the cigar line-up for a vacation. Digging through storage, trying to accomodate all possible scenarios (petit coronas for breakfast, cigars for the golf course, cigars to share with buddies, etc...). Of course, I never smoke all of what I take - I'm an over-packer. LOL
  5. beparrish

Fuente Anejo's

For me, it's either a Cuban cigar or something from the Fuente line. I've been big into Fuentes since I started smoking cigars 20 years ago.   And my opinion is that I still get as much pleasure and enjoyment out of the various Fuentes (858 natties and SG, Double Chateau Fuente SG, DC #2...
  6. beparrish

Fuente Mania at Holt's this year

The first year, it was held in June. But these past two years, it's been held towards the end of September. So it appears that you have 11 months to save those pennies !
  7. beparrish

Fuente Mania at Holt's this year

If you like Fuente cigars, you would definitely enjoy it. Lots of product, the opportunity to buy cigars at MSRP as well as purchase some cigars that you might not see otherwise. Lots of good folks there as well as the Fuente Family (Sr, Carlito, Cynthia and some of the younger generation).  ...
  8. beparrish

MY wife just got laid off. Sucks

Sorry to hear this, and best wishes in her search for a new job. My recommendation would be to start looking NOW ! A job search can take quite a while. And should something come about sooner than September, well, you have the severance to help with the child care   One thing I've learned is that...
  9. beparrish

Casa Fuente Robusto (Yellow band on foot)

To each their own. I picked up a box of the 806's this fall, and I prefer them over the box of standard Casa Fuente Corona Gordas that I bought the previous year. The yellow bands cigars seem aren't quite as full as the orange band cigars, which is more my speed. But really, you can't go wrong...
  10. beparrish

Christmas Gifts?

I took care of myself this year - a box of Anejo #60, a box of 858SGs and a box of Best Seller maduros. Oh, and another cooler, as my others are packed to the gills. :whistling:
  11. beparrish

Fuente Chateau quality?

No complaints here on the Chateau Fuente line. Small ones are great when you only have 45 minutes or so, the SG Double Chateau is my go-to on the golf course (lasts for 9 holes so I smoke two of them) and the Cuban Belicoso is fantastic. Shop around, as prices vary. But as Rod said, check out...
  12. beparrish

Most cigars in one day?

Most is seven in a day. At herfs and events at cigar stores, it is just non-stop smoking. Its not until you tally the total at the end of the day to you realize how many cigars you smoked.
  13. beparrish

arturo fuente double chateau sun grown

Just goes to show different strokes for different folks. I've smoked through numerous boxes of these, as it is one my go to golf cigars. Smoke one of these on the front 9 every week, and they are full of flavor, burn great and hold up to the varying weather conditions without issue.
  14. beparrish

B&M's, bacteria, and me

I have found that I am suspectible to sinus infections when I send a lot of time in B&Ms with poor ventilation. The first time it happened, I failed to make the connection. But when it happened a second time, the pattern was evident.
  15. beparrish

Old Habits. Still 'Saving' Cigars

I fight the same battle constantly, and lose more often than not. I vow to do better and smoke the good stuff even when it seems the circumstances are less than ideal ! Thanks for the reminder.
  16. beparrish

Mahogany's above Holt's

I agree, though I might only make there once or twice a year. Even less of a justification for a membership. But let's just be patient and see what the Levin's have in store.
  17. beparrish

Mahogany's above Holt's

There is a shop in the Baltimore area that has an Ashton Lounge on the 2nd floor of their establishment, and it is private. You must be a member, or a guest of a member, to have access to the lounge. Hopefully this won't be the business model for what is replacing Maghogany's.
  18. beparrish

Fish tanks

I have a 55 gal FW corner tank with a bowed front. Nothing really special - lots of various tetras, some clown loaches, catfish and two plecostomus. I change out 10 gal of water every two weeks, and replace filter material every six months. Pretty much low maintenance, and as 2K6TBSS mentioned...
  19. beparrish

Hemmingway sungrown

No, you rarely if ever see Hemingway sungrowns (Signature or Classic) in a B&M. I know some folks swear by them, and I love the 858SGs, as well as the SG wrappers in the Chateau Fuente series, but for some reason, the Hemingway SGs don't do anything for me. I'd rather have the natural or rosado...
  20. beparrish

Arturo Fuente Chateau Fuente Series Sun Grown

There is always a box or two of these in my humi, as it is one of my go-to cigars for the golf course. Every Saturday morning, I light up one of these for the front 9. It is a very durable cigar, and holds up well in all weather conditions. On top of that, it is a great cigar - full of flavor...