• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Search results

1. M

anybody ever drink the victory V 12 ?

ok, I screwed up. i bought two bottles and in a weak moment gave one away. it's not that i'm a nice guy, but it was a woman type person and i've got this mental defect about women and saying no. i never DID learn that trick. THAT might explain my extensive track record, and intermittent...
  2. M

Beer Reviews and Info

Not sure my tastes are educated enough to provide fair reviews.. but anybody knows 'tasty' from 'blech'.. Thought I'd mention one of each, just being fair. Tried the Thelonious and Trois Pistoles.. uhm. EXTREMELY different in quality is the kindest way of putting it. The first one I'll buy...
  3. M

What beer did you drink today?

Well, my first experience with Brother Thelonious.. got to say a pleasant one. Light for a belgian style, 9.4%, fairly hoppy, a lot of light flowery aromas, nice mouthfeel. Just bitter enough that it goes down easy and strong enough you know you're drinking serious beer. As with most belgians...
  4. M

Incoming Brandy, Cognac, Armagnac..

On the grounds that this doesn't deserve a real review, just a couple notes on sniffs and sips.. got my incoming brandy supply, carefully hid the Pasquinet in the bunker and threw a blanket over it. Have on my desk the E&J paint thin. I mean, VSOP at the munificent cost of 8.99 per 750ml . ...
  5. M

What beer did you drink today?

Avery's Reverend today for lunch. Nice session beer if you don't mind being DRONK, it ain't yer coors light at all..
  6. M

Belgian Beer Primer

i've done some research trying for 'top shelf' beers without breaking the bank.. came up with Avery's Reverend, (Very nice, a bit too thick to be perfect but NICE beer) V 12, Trois Pistoles, Brother Thelonious, and Rogues XS Imperial Stout. Backordered Chimay Bleu.. not all belgians but...
  7. M

Coffee Question

that's a darn shame. I really appreciate the honest warning. Thank you. the real stuff has a toasty nutty mildness that's even better than Kona. very LIGHT coffee by my recollection, but i'm a 40 weight coffee drinker. to date, the best i've bought green and roasted myself... was some...
  8. M

Best Scotch for a Scotch-and-soda

of all the low end scotch i've drank Dewars 12 (about 25$ here) is the least annoying. i'd not flinch to make it a daily drink if i was going to put soda (or ice) in it. it'd have more body than J&B for sure, and it's not got more'n a whiff of peat.. nice 'airport bar' quality, you don't...
  9. M

Price vs. B&M Loyality

service. i don't care where it is. and price, unfortunately, has a lot to do with how MUCH service i expect. they'll WANT my business, and make me know it, or they'll not get it. period. i've walked out of stores without the one thing i went after when they ignored me like i was invisible. not...
  10. M

Belgian Beer Primer

If you like the barleywine style, don't mind 'no fizz'.. cellar some high proof beer for a year or two. In spite of the rave reviews of ancient vintage beers, the best *average* of strong beer reviews seems to be thickest around 1-3 years old, and it all boils down to how much carbonation you...
  11. M

Coffee Question

any chance at all of getting some of these beans not roasted? tyvm, if you don't mind passing the request up the food chain!
  12. M

Incoming Brandy, Cognac, Armagnac..

So I stumbled and missed on the Scotch buy and felt all jealous. :) Being as my single malt supply exceeds my daily taste for it, and my bourbon excursions were mostly not thrilling.. I'd *nearly* decided to go to Bushmills Sherry Cask, for next up to bat.. , but couldn't find a clue as to...
  13. M

CALLING Amateur & Pro Bartenders

Hydrogen Bum 4 oz Boones Farm Apple Wine 4 oz Grapefruit Soda (Squirt) 2 oz 151 rum 1/2 oz grenadine Frosted large (pint) beer mug. Fill shaker with ice, shake Boones Farm and rum well. Strain into mug, 3/4 fill with fresh ice, top off with Squirt.. pour 1/2 oz grenadine directly into...
  14. M

Just sat down.

i'm narrowing the search for the 'proper combination' .. of an english tobacco and the Most Appropriate Beverage.. Now, you understand the benchmark is Balkan Sobranie (that once was) and Macallan 18. . not a LOW bar to reach at all.. only throughbreds need apply.. In contention on the...
  15. M

Questions about Pipe Tobacco Storage and Blending?

flavors migrate. aromatics should be carefully segregated. glass jars are adequate. humidor unnecessary.
  16. M

Pipe Tobacco Prospective Pass?

i have enough interest to pay money for new tobaccos. I'm not sure i'd want 'any' blend or flavor.. but of the english style (no perique) virginia/latakia/turkish blends, i'd both like to sample and offer my own attempt.. not sure that fits your intentions, but i'll applaud from the sidelines...
  17. M

Tobacco of the month reviews?

+1 on the Penzance. Frog Morton I'm familiar with and it's got a slight topping. I'd pass on it, along with any Perique blends.. But a 'proper english' blend, of any description, would get my attention. I think people should identify their tastes very clearly before offering examples, and...
  18. M

Best drug store type tobacco

in my experience, the Borkum Riff line is 'good cheap tobacco'. It is easier to smoke if you'll use a big bowl or a filter pipe, smoke it slowly and don't try for that last 1/8 of the bowl. 'Dirty' tobacco, not very pleasant at the dregs.. but acceptable if you'll quit soon enough. Not...
  19. M

Taste of Pipe Tobacco

because each puff is a slightly different mix of flavors (in non-aromatic blends) it does help if you've got GOOD tobacco to start with, where each component is both balanced and flavorful. Lower end english blends tend to be a dash of latakia and whatever's economical. Higher end blends...
  20. M

The Holly Grail

I'm one of those 'ISO Balkan Sobranie' for two decades guys. I finally gave up trying the 'nearly' styles, and determined to blend my own. problem was, some of the ingredients were no longer commonly sold.. specifically turkish yenidje and syrian latakia were very hard to obtain.. so. i...