• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Search results

1. S

Añejo and Opus X Reference

This is fantastic. Now I can't wait for Sept 28 - Fuente mania! A couple updated MSRPs: *Opus X Robusto $13.00 *Opus X Double Robusto $14.75 *Opus X Fuente Fuente $11.50 *Opus X Perfecxion No. 4 $10.75
  2. S

Diplomaticos Theory

Anything is possible, but other than ELs or REs, I'm not holding my breath.
  3. S

Real Or Fake Magum 46

I am no expert, but would give an opinion if I could open the attachment.
  4. S

How Much Does Age Increase Value....If At All?

I don't buy aged or vintage cigars, but I have no problem if they charge higher prices. Whether it's a vendor or an individual, if someone tied up their money for several years to properly store cigars (or took the time to aquire vintage stock), I can understand the premimum.
  5. S

Looking for some help

PM sent
  6. S

Venders and moldy sticks....what do they do with em?

Very aggravating when a seller insists it's plume, when it's obviously mold. I used a great vendor until this disagreemnt came up and it took too much aggravation to get resolved, therefore I moved on.
  7. S

Just one more reason why I love my wife...

Very nice. You're as lucky man. Agree that they age very nicely. At least the box I have from DIC07 has. Enjoy!
  8. S

Por Larranaga Encantos

The several RE/LEs I've tried over the years have never blown me away, although I have the palate of a billy goat. I've read too much good press on these that I thinking I got to give them a shot.
  9. S

Humidor I got as a gift while on vacation

Very cool. Great find. Could the hole have been for a hygrometer or hunidifcation device? And the smaller rectangular pieces of wood to compartmentalize? Just guessing.
  10. S

Air Circulation

With most units you can probably can get away without a fan. If the ft3 is very large, you can first try a couple/few humification devices/beads distributed at different locations. I have a cooledor (~ 6 ft3), and one tray of beads workes fine. For whatever it's worth, contrary to what one would...
  11. S

Can Old Humidor Be Restored?

And a nice looking dor also. :laugh: Sorry, too easy. Seriously, I love older (antique) items. Best of luck. Please let us know how it turns out.
  12. S

Source Hypocrisy

BigSig, IMHO your post title came on a little too strong, especially as a new memeber. The question is a fair one, perhaps asked often or too often in the past, I really don't know. I also honestly don't understand the policy in light of the advertising. BUT I respect the rules of the site, and...
  13. S

Cuban cigars coming to Famous Smoke Shop?

Got me. Jumped in my car and I was half way there.
  14. S

Glass Doors?

I have glass doors on my aristocrat and love it. I purposely wanted glass doors so it was an unique piece of furniture (it's an end table in our living room) that's a conversation piece. Some like it, some don't. I've had the unit ~10 years (maybe a little less) and never had any sealing issues...
  15. S

Bestcigarprices.com

Years ago I used them several times. Competitive prices and had no issues. If I recall, they had Opus Xs back then and the prices were very high.
  16. S

Happy New Years!

A healty prosperous 2011 to all. Enjoying a Cohiba Siglo II as my last cigar of 2010.
  17. S

RH% in the winter time with the Heat running

Just to add on beetles. My experience is outbreaks usually occur in the summer, not winter, because during the summer is when your cigars may expereince high enough temperatures. Most homes are not kept at temps high enough in the winter to support outbreaks.
  18. S

Short Panetela or Petit Corona Suggestions

My suggestions don't meet your RG range, but I love any of the following: PLPC, BPC, Trini Reyes, Cohiba IIs, JLPC, Party Shorts. There are also Part MF, RyJ MF and Part PC Esp. I would also consider giving these a try, especially if the price is right.
  19. S

Season or not?

I've wiped down both my desktops and my cabinet, no issues. Dumb luck perhaps. Some state it may warp and/or raise the grain. The reason I like lightly wipping down a NEW 'dor with distilled H20 is that sometimes there's a fair amount of dust remaining from the sanding process.
  20. S

The Letters - Update December 21, 2008

All has been quiet. Hopefully, this is long behind us.