• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Search results

1. M

Bolivar 5th Avenida "109"

I don't know, but I imagine they will have the new seal when they are released.
  2. M

Bolivar 5th Avenida

The DC was more complex and the flavors more pronounced, but that could've been a function of it having more time to mature. The 109 was the strongest Boli RE I've had, besides the Simone.
  3. M

Bolivar 5th Avenida

I probably shouldn't have smoked one of these so young or so soon after receiving them, but it didn't turn out too bad. Very nice looking cigar; no major veins and the wrapper was a medium Colorado with a nice sheen to it. It was still wet, so I thought that might cause some problems with the...
  4. M

Bolivar 5th Avenida "109"

I haven't seen any pictures of these on the web yet, so I thought I would share. Not crazy about the presentation (20 ct. dress box); I would've preferred a SBN box. Cigars themselves look very nice and smell great. The heads aren't as pronounced as the EDs, but still have the 109 quality to...
  5. M

Haiutus for a while

Hope you have a great time Anthony :thumbs:
  6. M

OR Anejo #49

And this is where the problem comes in that was brought up in the other thread. You can call any cigar you want a "custom," but if it has a Cohiba band and you are calling it a "Cohiba Custom Perfecto," that just doesn't fly. If that were the case, I could roll a cigar and say I got it from a...
  7. M

OR Anejo #49

That's my point. They sure didn't sound like they thought the cigars were suspect or were made aware of the questionable nature on a number of cigars. That's why I find it hard to believe that the person who sold them those cigars was being entirely truthful about their provenance... This...
  8. M

OR Anejo #49

That's all well and good if that's true. The odd thing is, and I mentioned it in the thread, why post pictures of fake cigars as if they were legit cigars? It sure didn't seem like Ed or Robbie thought they were fake when they posted the pictures in the thread, at least not all of them. In...
  9. M

OR Anejo #49

You know, isn't Ed the one who bought a large lot of cigars from somebody on another board that included a Cohiba perfecto among other questionable cigars? I know I personally found the thread talking about those cigars odd and very suspect. I think that to put all the blame on Ed in this...
  10. M

Dunhill Estupendo tubo (1985)

Come on Phil, throw us a freakin' bone :laugh: Hopefully you enjoyed it and it lived up to the hype :thumbs:
  11. M

Happy Birthday insight

Happy b-day Phil, enjoy your day :thumbs:
  12. M

OR Anejo #49

This post says it all imo.
  13. M

Today's Smoke II

:sign: I really wanted to hate the Cohiba because of how expensive it was, but it was an excellent smoke. It was a perfect smoke to have for an entire afternoon of nothing to do but drink and bbq :thumbs:
  14. M

Anthony, you were right . . .

This is a great post. I know there have been a number of threads recently where this sentiment has been raised, and sadly, seemingly ignored. Myself and some other members had private discussions about the sudden glut of HTFs and "rare" cigars popping up with the majority of buyers being newer...
  15. M

Today's Smoke II

Cohiba Sublimes Extra and a '70s RyJ Corona.
  16. M

What are you drinking for Independence Day weekend

I had a bottle of Stone Ruination last night; really good IPA. Other than that, I had quite a few Coronas and lime.
  17. M

Fakes from Cuba?

Not necessarily fake, but not a very good indicator of being the real thing. There can be all kinds of problems with packaging thanks to bad Cuban QC and I wouldn't say because one thing is off, the cigars are fake. Now, if there are multiple things wrong, then its more than likely fake. It...
  18. M

Outlaw Cigar to expand....

Just saw this on the KC Star's homepage today: Link I would just like to say this is great news for those of us in the southern portion of KC. Looking forward to attending some events at the new place :thumbs:
  19. M

Survey. To smoke or not to smoke, that is the question.

They are just cigars. Who cares if they are still sealed or not, cigars are meant to be smoked eventually. I've smoked some really old cigars including some from the '30/'40s, so I guess I don't see what the big deal is. Like others have said, maybe smoke them on special occasions, but they...
  20. M

What beer did you drink today?

Stone Smoked Porter with some burgers on the grill. Good beer, but was hoping for a little more complexity in it. It did beer nicely with the burgers though.