• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Search results

1. S

Cohiba Maduros in 2007 !

Hmmm, Cohiba "Between The Lines" anyone? It will be interesting to see how they will taste, if they're aged longer than the reg. lines, etc.. I'm guessing, hoping, that they will put the maduro wrappers on one or two of their current sizes. But more than that ... Trinidad EL in 07! :D If...
  2. S

thirty three years old

Ha Ha! You're old! Have a great Birthday Alex. Best wishes from up north.
  3. S

Graycliff G2

I have enjoyed the few I've tried. It's a nice way to try a Graycliff cigar without paying $$ for some of them. If you ever see the Bahiba line, give one of them a try. The Bahiba line was also by Graycliff, but they dropped the line, changed the blend a little, and made the G2s
  4. S

Avo 80th edition

Had one last week and it wasn't too bad. It had a good taste to it, but I'll be interested to see how it smokes down the line. That said, the white and gold band did look pretty!
  5. S

What did you smoke today

Today - a very tasty Partagas 8-9-9 [Varnished]. Last night - a friend's birthday, afterwards everyone brought out great ones. A friend from another board passed out smokes to a few of us. I had a wonderful Fuente 8-5-5 sungrown
  6. S

Show your Ashtray!

I like the RP ashtrays! My fave. ashtray I paid $0 for. I was lucky enough to tag along with a friend to the RTDA in NOLA last summer. I met Avo at the Avo lounge and he signed an ashtray for me! It's white and black, with spots for 2 cigars...
  7. S

Preferred Cigar Magazines

ECCJ is def. at the top of my list. There are a lot less ads, they don't use that dumb 100-point system [FYI from what I've heard, the rating system has a +/- of up to 6pts., so that "84" rated could be anywhere from a "90" to a "78"], and the interviews are more in-depth.
  8. S

Most expensive cigar out there?

They have smaller bottles of Louis for $200 at liquor stores in town. For $750 you could buy 2 of those, a box of really good cigars, and still have $$ left to go out for a steak afterwards. Just IMHO. As far as cigars you actually have a chance of finding in stores these days, the Zino...
  9. S

La Gloria Cubana medaille do'r No-1

I smoked one from '03 two days ago. I think that it is my fave. lancero cigar. Have tried a few from other noted brands, but have found some to be plugged or a tough draw. Never noticed this with LGCs.
  10. S

are millenium's worth the price?

I remember there was a PMM pass here a while ago that I was fortunate enough to be in. IMO, it was probably my fave. Padron! Def. a great cigar. That said, AVB's right, at $60 you're paying more for rarity than anything else. For $60, you could grab a few 64's and enjoy.
  11. S

Makers Mark cigar?

I've tried both the Maker's Mark, and the Courvoisier cigars. The courvoisier one was not too bad, but both of them were on the mild side and too sweet for me. Would rather just buy a bottle and the cigars separately for about the same price.
  12. S

Pirates of Caribbean 2

When it reached the high 90s here last week, the movie was def a good way to kill some time. I did like the movie, pirates and all. For me, it seemed that it fell prey to itself ... we already knew the characters, their mannerisms, and such. So when it came out, we already knew how many of the...
  13. S

Your dentist and you

I love the times when I am chating with a professional and I see a 3-finger cigar case siting on his desk. ... hard to keep the straight face after that.
  14. S

Cheesey cigar training video

Man, that is awesome! Cheesy soundbites, guys cutting cigars in half ... and all for the up and comming businessman who has made it! :D
  15. S

Better with time

Thanks for the review/notes. Have heard this from one or two others and have 2 Opus' that I got last summer that I set off to the side to try in the future.
  16. S

Greycliff - Grand Cru - Salamones I

One of the highlights of my few years of cigar-smoking was attending the RTDA show in NOLA last summer. While there, I got a chance to check out the Greycliff booth and their 2 new blends for '05, the G2 [already reviewed here] and the Grand Cru. I smoked one of each in New Orleans and must say...
  17. S

Graduation Advice from FOGs

With my graduation coming up in less than 2 weeks [May 28th], I am looking foreward to the end of my college life and the start of whatever comes next. [Anyone know what I can do with a degree in International Management? :D ] I have enjoyed my time at college. Learned some, drank some, have...
  18. S

Candela wrappers

http://www.cigaraficionado.com/Cigar/CA_Ar...22,1251,00.html Cigar Aficionado wrote up a piece on them a few years back. IMO, they can be a great addition to your humidor. The Fuente 8-5-8 is amazing with a morning latte in summer right before work. I had the pleasure of trying one of...
  19. S

http://www.defamer.com/hollywood/kiefer-su...ideo-173530.php Jack Bauer is so bada$$, he'll attack a Christmas Tree if it looks at him funny.