• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Search results

1. C

Lagavulin 16 yo Single Islay Malt

$95 here in Virginia...
  2. C

Pappy Van Winkle 20 yr.old Family Reserve

The state controlled monopoly liquor stores here in Virginia are slinging the 20yo for $108.45/bottle. Is this in line with what y'all are seeing in your neck of the woods?
  3. C

Cheese fix for October

I'm a sucker for Gorgonzola with walnuts and honey. Take a little hunk of cheese, a walnut, drizzle with honey--repeat as necessary. Dangerously good.
  4. C

Turkey recipes

I completely agree with brining the bird(s). We've done it that way for a couple of years now and it is, hands down, the way to go. It keeps the meat moist and succulent and gives you a chance to get some additional flavor penetration. Good stuff. Let us know how they turn out...
  5. C

Finally did it...

Congratulations to you both!
  6. C

Thanksgiving Day Contest

21 friends/family and a combined score of 27. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
  7. C

Water bring out the flavor?

I've seen these before but have always been a little wary of what they might do to the inside of a nice scotch glass. Also, I wonder if they're completely inert or might they possibly impart a flavor of their own (or if porous, previous pours)? Has anybody used them? I might be interested in...
  8. C

the weekend starts early...

the weekend starts early...
  9. C

Yamazaki 12 Single Malt

Surely we can all agree that calling Yamazaki "scotch" is, albeit colloquially if not technically, permissible. If you choose to place your order for "a glass of Yamazaki Japanese Single Malt Whisky", I certainly applaud your accuracy--as for me, I'll ask the barman for Yamazaki Scotch. This...
  10. C

Maker's Mark

Maker's is my go-to bourbon. I can see how it's too sweet for some, but for my palate it's just right. A rocks glass, a couple of large ice cubes and a healthy pour. It doesn't get much better if you're looking for consistency and value. Familiarity in a glass...
  11. C

Today's Smoke II

I had my first PSD4 on Friday. I was worried it couldn't live up to the hype, but it did not disappoint. Talk about a great smoke--nubbed it. I'm going to lay the remainging four down for a bit and see what happens to the flavor profile.
  12. C

THE JULY SCOTCH BUY - DONE

I've got to get my post count up! Less reading...more posting...less reading...more posting...
  13. C

Golf Course Cigars

I like to smoke a medium bodied Churchill. I seem to end up with a lot of those in the humidor because I don't ordinarily have the time to devote to a 100+ minute smoke. The golf course guarantees me 4-5 hours, and a Churchill can easily be fit in on the front/back nine.
  14. C

Drink your best bottle, smoke your best cigars

Couldn't agree more--words to live by. Tomorrow is promised to no man...
  15. C

looking forward to some golf and a few smokes this weekend...

looking forward to some golf and a few smokes this weekend...
  16. C

Almost 60 yo Glenlivet

If the closure has maintained its integrity and you're of the mind to open it up and sample it, I would be interested in reading a side by side tasting with this and a bottle of the currently available Glenlivet 12. Like a timecapsule--you could see the evolution (or devolution?!) of a dram...
  17. C

Balvenie 12 Year DoubleWood

I'm a big fan, too. I'm also looking forward to trying the 21yo PortWood--I've heard great things.
  18. C

After years of trying The 1951 Balvenie Vintage Cask

No words--other than congratulations, of course. I've got to wonder how many (if any?!) complete Balvenie Vintage Cask collections exist worldwide.
  19. C

Scapa 12 yo Orkney Malt

Both the 12yo and the 16yo are available where I live in Virginia from VABC. If you can't find it and you're interested, let me know and I can look into shipping you a bottle.
  20. C

Scapa 12 yo Orkney Malt

Does anybody know anything about the 16yo? I can get both the 12yo and the 16yo at Virginia's state run monopoly liquor stores. Is it worth paying the 50% price differential?