2012 ELs

Discussion in 'Cuban Cigar Forum' started by Gavin, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Gavin

Gavin Winter is coming.

I'm sure many of you already know all about them, but here's a link for those who don't:
    http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show/id/16401

Does anyone else wish they'd do EL's from some of the smaller brands?

2. wkoti

wkoti Flaky McFlakerton

I need some of those H. Upmann EL 2012 if anyone gets their hands on them. Just saying. Very serious and interested!

3. Backslide

Backslide RASCClicious

I'm not interested in the 2012 offerings. Think I might pick up another box of Allones Extras though.

4. thechenman

thechenman No One of Consequence

I think the ELs are supposed to only be produced for the major brands, or at least in the case of Cuaba, what they hoped would be a major brad. The smaller brands are relegated to REs. That was the way the programs were originally designed, and for the most part they've stayed that way. Who knows though...this is Cuba and HSA we are talking about. Things can always change.

As far as the trend to larger rg cigars from Cuba...while I'm not a fan, it appears from the deletions and new additions that we've seen over the last few years that the trend is already solidly in place.

5. j0z3r

j0z3r New Member

I wouldn't mind trying the Partagas and the Upmann. Not very into the idea of a 55rg Monte, the Edmnudo is pretty much my limit on larger rg.

Joe

6. rawrr

rawrr New Member

I tried the 2008 Monte Sublimes EL and was not impressed, but I am still tempted to try the Monte 520 EL.