• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A Nice Cab

Black Box is a decent Daily drinker. That has some very good expressions to some that aren't that great.  As with all "vintages" some are better than others.  The first time I had it I didn't care for it at all and did not buy another box for over a year.  Tried it again and it was pretty decent table wine.  It can be hit or miss but, when its on it is a pretty good value.

Also, Had a Couple nice bottles this weekend.

The standouts were.

2009 Mt. Veeder Cab
2008 Silverado Cab
2010 Tobin James Cab Reserve

All were excellent and are some of my favorite vineyards / wine makers.  

I've had Mount Veeder but, it was a long time ago. I thoroughly enjoyed it. At the same time, I had some decent Rodney Strong. I liked the Mount Veeder more.
Dang, I should seek out a bottle or two.

MadMonk said:
I've had Mount Veeder but, it was a long time ago. I thoroughly enjoyed it. At the same time, I had some decent Rodney Strong. I liked the Mount Veeder more.
Dang, I should seek out a bottle or two.
I've never had anything but, excellent juice from Mt Veeder.  They are a little under the radar but, that's a good thing as my some other old favorites (Cakebread and Silverado) have taken major price increases due to their increase in popularity.  FYI I also really like their Meritage.  

Give them a go I am sure you will enjoy them they have that distinct Napa nose and flavor.