• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Antique Collection Stagg, Van Wilnkle, etc

Pappy:

11/12 - Chicagoland & Maine
11/13 - Alabama, Georgia, S. Dakota & NJ
11/14 - Missouri & MA
11/15 - Colorado & Oregon

BTAC:

11/13 - Alabama
11/14 - NJ & S. Dokota
11/15 - Colorado, Washington & Oregon

Damn, I even blanked out in Vermont. Maybe Doc has some connections there.  ;)

Kristopher,
Unfortunately, our waiting list for Pappy double exceeds what we received this year.
I will add you to the list, maybe next year depending on what we receive.

We received 6 bottles each of William Larue Weller and Sazerac 18 for the whole state, the waiting list for each of them 
Was at 30 something. I can add you to these lists also.  

With such small allocations, we give Vermonters priority.

Sorry,

Pam Adams
Vermont Department of Liquor Control
13 Green Mountain Drive
Montpelier, VT  05602

I searched pretty extensively in TX after they "hit" and came up empty handed. Seems no place in my area gets the good stuff. Been hunting some nice ones for years and can never find anything, regardless of the maker.

At least as far as Austin was concerned, I heard that most bottles went straight to restaurants. A handful made it into the wild but I never saw any. Typically CL is full of people reselling Pappy after the release. There's about a dozen bottles up now, most of them the 10yo and 12yo. All at ridiculous prices. BTAC seemed to get the same treatment this year, which surprised me. Pretty much ends my days as a bourbon hunter until pressure lets up.

Having tried 'em, I can say you are all welcome to 'em.

Good luck.

As far Pappy goes I wouldn't be surprised if they stole there own stock for publicity and a price hike.

Get yourself some Clyde May!

Speaking of the antique collection has anyone seen any this year yet?

Picked up a bottle of Thomas Handy Sazerac Rye (BTAC) in Central Illinois last week.

If anybody sees any of the series for sale at MSRP, I'll make it worth your while in cash and/or trade.   :love:

Brickhouse said:
Picked up a bottle of Thomas Handy Sazerac Rye (BTAC) in Central Illinois last week.
Nice pick up did they only have one? You may need a few shots soon.

We never get these down here at the end of the damn highway anymore.  I remember one year scoring TWO cases (six bottles) of Stagg . . . last year this town didn't get ANY.   :(

Except for the bottle ChiefMD sent me.  :D

~Boar

Seems to be plenty available to buy/source on wine searcher.com,however not at MSRP that's for sure.

golfgar said:

Nice pick up did they only have one? You may need a few shots soon.

They did just have the one....or so they say.  My buddy actually picked it up.  He was in military uniform, and based on the conversation he said he had with the lady at the store, that was the only reason she was offering it up to him.  He did not pay MSRP though, that's for damn sure.  Honestly, I wouldn't have paid what he did, but he wanted to establish some sort of customer base with her and paid what she asked.  He had the money to spend as well, so it wasn't a huge deal.

I stopped at a sleepy little high end wine shop last night and asked the owner if he had any of The antique collection and he replied not yet but I know it's in town it just hasn't been released. He thought it might be released from the distributor in about two weeks. I bought some of the says a rack right there a few years back so I'm hoping I can hit it on the right day ias he isn't big enough to do the lottery and all that other sort of happy hooha.

I'm in Kentucky and you won't find any at MSRP unless you have a hook up. Most guys do lotteries on Facebook now

Got this e mail last week
Congratulations! You have been selected in our 2015 lottery drawing for the opportunity to purchase the following:

2014 Pappy Van Winkle 12 Year Bourbon - $69.99

If you would like to purchase this bottle, you must respond to this email within 7 days with an ABC location you would like to make your purchase at. I have included a link to the “Locations” page on our website if you need to look up the ABC nearest to you.

Will pick up my bottle on Wednesday

Is that correct, the 2014 bottling?  Either way nice score and a nice price.