• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Antique Collection Stagg, Van Wilnkle, etc

Yes sir , it is a copy and paste of the e mail. I entered the lottery so long ago , that I had completely forgotten about it

donzz said:
Got this e mail last week
Congratulations! You have been selected in our 2015 lottery drawing for the opportunity to purchase the following:

2014 Pappy Van Winkle 12 Year Bourbon - $69.99

If you would like to purchase this bottle, you must respond to this email within 7 days with an ABC location you would like to make your purchase at. I have included a link to the “Locations” page on our website if you need to look up the ABC nearest to you.

Will pick up my bottle on Wednesday
Congratulations. Been trying to get a bottle of 12  or 15 for years. What sort of irks me us I was in an ABC a few years ago, and they had a bottle of the 25 for about $325.00. From what I know, that is the non-gouge price. Should have bought it.

How'd everyone do this year?  I, for the first time in the last 7 years, was shut out on the entire BTAC.  

I did however win a lottery and ended up with a Lot B and a 10yr/107.   Decent but, I really wanted my fix of Stagg & WLW.  I have been spoiled and there really is no substitute for Stagg.  

Locals carry buffalo trace and eagle rare often. As for wlw or stagg, they're harder to find but stagg he is available at most also. All pappy seems to be reserved only for lottaries around here.

Won, the lottery in NH also for a 10 Yr RIP Van Winkle. Bought three additional 10's and three 12 YR Lot B's at secondary though. I've been trying to trade up to a 15 or 20 Pappy but preferably the 15.

I was also able to buy in NH a bottle of 2015 BTAC WLW and two Thomas Handys. Traded one of the Handys for a 12 Yr Pappy. I was able to buy 8-2015 Elijah Craig 18's and 6 Stagg Jr's 2015 Fall release at retail as well. (Sipping on the EC18 as we speak and pretty smooth)

The secondary market sucks to buy at but I was able get 1-2015 George Stagg, 2-Old Forester Birthday Bourbons, 2-2015 Four Roses Small Batch Limited Editions, 1-2014 Four Roses Small batch Limited Edition, 3-Parkers Heritage Collection Malt 8 Yr 9th Release, 7-Elmer T Glee and 3-Elijah Craig Barrel Proof.

I've been trying to trade up or acquire this years BTAC Sazerac Rye 18 and Eagle Rare 17 to complete the set. I like the hunt and trading part of it though I must admit.

Yeah, I know a bit overboard but I'm not buying boxes of cigars like I used to. ;)

I got a bottle of Weller in the PA lottery for the Buffalo Trace and just put in for the lottery for the Pappy products. Hoping for some more luck. Glad Pa finally fixed their allotment so that #1 they are gave out via lottery and #2 is only for residents of the state now.

Won, the lottery in NH also for a 10 Yr RIP Van Winkle. Bought three additional 10's and three 12 YR Lot B's at secondary though. I've been trying to trade up to a 15 or 20 Pappy but preferably the 15.

I was also able to buy in NH a bottle of 2015 BTAC WLW and two Thomas Handys. Traded one of the Handys for a 12 Yr Pappy. I was able to buy 8-2015 Elijah Craig 18's and 6 Stagg Jr's 2015 Fall release at retail as well. (Sipping on the EC18 as we speak and pretty smooth)

The secondary market sucks to buy at but I was able get 1-2015 George Stagg, 2-Old Forester Birthday Bourbons, 2-2015 Four Roses Small Batch Limited Editions, 1-2014 Four Roses Small batch Limited Edition, 3-Parkers Heritage Collection Malt 8 Yr 9th Release, 7-Elmer T Glee and 3-Elijah Craig Barrel Proof.

I've been trying to trade up or acquire this years BTAC Sazerac Rye 18 and Eagle Rare 17 to complete the set. I like the hunt and trading part of it though I must admit.

Yeah, I know a bit overboard but I'm not buying boxes of cigars like I used to. ;)

Damn, I was jealous of your cigar collection too.

:)

Good for you. That is a great hunting season. How'd you get the NH BTAC? I have a great relationship with a store manager and said the whole allocation went to restaurants and bars.

I got zipp. Congrats to all who did, jealousy is ugly, so I'm not jealous, just envious.:D

I saw a bottle of Thomas Handy Sazerac BTAC for $350 today. Next to it was a George T Stagg BTAC for $600.....jeez.

Good for you. That is a great hunting season. How'd you get the NH BTAC? I have a great relationship with a store manager and said the whole allocation went to restaurants and bars.

I heard that too and even heard that they were going to get an additional allocation in December - both lies!

I had to drive to West Lebanon to get these. I called immediately after missing them at my local store and the lady said that she had two Handys and a WLW. I asked her to hold them for me and that I was on my way to pick them up. I've talked to a lot of employees / managers in the NH liquor stores and they all have different stories and rules. Some will hold bottles for you and others say it's first come first serve. The bottom line with them is that they really don't know anything or give you consistent information so don't believe them and check for yourself. I've even gotten contradicting stories from their CSR from their website.

Update:

I was able to get a 2015 Pappy 15, four 2015 Pappy 10's (traded one for a 2014 WLW+some $$) three more Pappy 12's (traded one for a George Stagg), one Eagle Rare 17, another 2015 T. Handy, three more 2015 George Stagg, another OFBB, another 2015 Four Roses LE, one Black Maple Hill Rye (Green Label), one Black Maple Hill Bourbon (Purple Label), one 2014 Angels Envy Cask Strength and a complete Orphan Barrel set that includes the elusive 26 Yr Old Blowhard. All at secondary and trading though which sucks but if you don't acquire them during this time of the year everything just dries up.

The "Unicorn" 2015 BTAC this year seems to be the Sazerac 18. Tough to find and when you do it's getting between $550-$700 for it - ouch!

The hunt is on for me as I'm still trying to complete this years set and missing the Sazerac 18. I'm also on the hunt for Pappy 20 and Pappy 13 (Rye). I've seen them but the Rye is getting about $850 and the Pappy 20 anywhere between $900-$1100. A bit too pricey for me. I'll eventually find some one that willing to trade though and besides that's the fun part of it. ;)

I see prices like these and I am tempted to let a few things go.