• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Authenticity confirmation needed (Cohiba, Partagas, Montecristo)

You lasted 9 post at Cigar Family.
Selling at Wade's ain't exactly a badge of honor.
An admitted non expert on CC can discern the subtleties of a fake and how it tastes to other Cubans.
Your first post at CF was HTF sale.

I forgot to mention, you're superb eBay rating don't mean squat.

Caveat emptor!!!

There is only one thing that is going to settle all this....The LICK test!

Dude, wake up! Unless you're the one who re-banded these sticks it's fugazzi! No one whose goal is to profit from sophisticated palate newbs like you will take the time to use custom rolled Cubans. You have been given a lot of slack here at CP...

I know I am just a newbie here but I must say I agree completely with you.

Danny you said multiple times that you have done all your research. Well if you did you would already have your answers to your main question. You have been here for just over a month and have asked multiple questions in regards to CC and HTF smokes which is walking a fine line with the great members here since you have been here for such a short time. You need to sit back relax and read. You have asked many questions not just in this thread that have been answered before.

Also this is a forum page and everyone is entitled to their own opinion and when a long running member gives you his which you don’t agree the last thing you should do is blow up on them! Not a cool move at all.

Paul

An admitted non expert on CC can discern the subtleties of a fake and how it tastes to other Cubans.
A first post at CF was HTF sale.

Caveat emptor!!!

All I can say is, thanks for the heads up.

A first post at CF was HTF sale.

Caveat emptor!!!
I just read that post on CF. Interesting stuff. Trys to sell off his whole stash and comes here looking to start over again by buying all these "CC'S"?

^^^Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding! You just won yourself a CC. :D. See you in a bit^^^

Wow! Danny, is your stash still for sale? Somehow you have everything on my wishlist. I'll take them all!!! I just lucked out and was contacted by a nice, weathly Nigerian man. Seems he wants to send me a bunch of money for helping him; I'll be rich soon. I hope you can send your end first while I wait for my fortune to arrive.

You beat me to the Gooch's stash. Puros I can't believe you finally hit the big one. How good did that feel when you "Got the call"?

Well it seems that all the is left to add is a little bead licking remarks and we are done ? ???

Trust me. I do read, read, read, and read some more. I watch videos, read cigar related news/reviews/blogs/m-boards daily, to the point where it's "obsessive".

Before doing much research and began smoking last year, I couldn't tell you much.. But for the past several months, I've invested thousands of hours and $, learning and educating myself about everything I could, buy/smoke/collect any cigar that I can, and more. I feel that I am VERY knowledgable, given the time I've been a cigar smoker, just not as much in the ISOM department w/ tons of first-hand, hands-on experience like I've had with NC's.

But in this case, i HAVE done my research to the best of my ability of whats available out there, but just wanted a second opinion. Alll of the info/signs from doing research (on cigar bands and updates, prices, production dates/releases, what to look for, raised lettering/etc,, rows/shape/size of dots, gold foil, spaces in-between the tops and bottoms of certain areas, the possibility of rebanding, and especially taste/aroma/burn/etc)regarding ISOMs) still led me to be "questionable". That is why I ask. =)

I paid right around what they go for in legitimate market (but I got some at a better deal on some when buying a lot at once, because I've spend thousands at his store). CoRo-$15, Monte #2-$15, PSD4/PSP2-$15, 1966-$35ish, Siglo VI-$20-25.

Once, I questioned the shop owner about a Siglo VI I had bought/smoked prior due to the banding, and gave me another one at a big discount to try again, but I was still not 100% convinced due to the flavors didn't seem "right.". When I smoked a Monte #2 at his place a week before/after, it was spot-on. That's what makes it more confusing.

So that is why I asked you guys for your expertise with ISOMS.

I figured that this is a forum to learn from each other, get to know each other, and help each other out, no?

By the way, measuring the sizes against what is listed officially online, they're pretty much spot-on.

You may want to start paying attention, rather than paying for expensive cigars.

I learned my lesson over at CF, and that's why I left ater the reaction I got from everyone. I knew I should just try to learn more and not sit there and try to sell things that I needed/wanted to sell as soon as I got there (like other hobbies/interest I have that do NOT frown upon things like that as greatly). Instead of continuing to sell, I didn't respond to any of the inquires that I STILL get, and went somewhere else.

I came across CP and found that people seem to genuinely want to help others, so I joined and started all over again. Like a fresh new start. I have given input on what I know, and have asked what I didn't. I would use the search function, but when I was still uncertain or if my case was different, I would ask.

If anyone here feels that I've crossed any lines, I apologize. I really do enjoy it here, and If that means that I need to keep my mouth shut and/or don't ask certain questions, then I will.

In regards to this post, I has trouble after all of the research I did, mainly due to circumstantial evidence (where I bought them). The bands looks good, etc, but I needed everyone's help. That's all. If I had known it would've came to this, from asking for help, then telling everyone how it smoked, then obviously I wouldn't have even started the thread. Personally, if there were fakes going around and even smoked well, I would want to know to be even more careful. That's why I was sharing that info with you guys. Not because I was trying to hold onto every last possibility that they were real, but because its a message-board/forum and sharing info is what people do.

But again, my apologies to anyone I've offended.

In regards to people starting to take me as a dishonest person... I've done tons of transactions and have not once had a problem, so I don't think it's fair that some people are implying that I'm a dishonest person because of a Sale thread I made but never actually sold on. You can ask anyone I've dealt with over at Wade's, Johnny-O, etc. and have never tried to sell here.

The CF thing was a complete "newbie" mistake and I admit that. But again, I ended up deciding not to sell to anyone, or even replying back, after I realized that it was a mistake.

People make mistakea, ans I just want a fair chance. I am NOT a dishonest person. I know not to trade/sell/send anythimg im not 100% about (especially CC's) thanks to the help of the people here. I'm just someone that's a forum "newbie", like everyone here was at one point. I'm still learning.

Thanks guys.

I realize I'm new to all forums, but I joined CP a while ago and still have no interest in selling anything. I enjoy my cigars and share/gift them. I, personally, am leery of anyone selling cigars if they are not known or a retailer. Just my .02.

That's completely understandable. To each his own. The only reason I end up selling certain things is not for a profit, but to be able to offer people the opportunity to try cigars that I enjoy. I wish I could just gift them all the time, but unfortunately, that's not something I can afford to do since I smoke a lot myself.

Anyways, thanks everyone for your help regarding the topic. I DO know that they are fake, and would NEVER do anything with them but either throw them away, or try smoking them myself (like I did with one of them). Again, I'm a "newbie" here. Cut me some slack. I'm still learning. =)

You're way too far from offering to sell cigars that you enjoy but do not really know about them and their provenance. Actions not words will lead you to a more positive experience here or any other boards. Seriously, read and also comprehend the wealth of information that is available to you here and cut back on offering/opinining what you have...you're not even close to being there.

If you want a quick way up to being a FOG...you can seek out the ORACLE! (Now, if you know who I'm talking about by the time I land at 4pm, I'll send you a CoRo with at least a few years on it)

For the record, you were trying to get rid most of your selection at CF (the very cigars that you seeked info here and I believe that there's even a post here at CP that said that once you're eligible, you would trade or sell these sticks)

I don't have a dog in this fight, so take this for what it is, which is merely restating what has been said already, but possibly overlooked:

Your reputation on other boards means nothing here...unless its a bad reputation, so it's probably best not to say how great one is somewhere else, when we are mostly concerned with how you will act here.

Gary has a point by posting it here. There's a track record here of carelessly buying cigars of dubious origins, whether it be ISOMs or HTF Opus.

Gary has a point by posting it here. There's a track record here of carelessly buying cigars of dubious origins, whether it be ISOMs or HTF Opus.

Yeah and then before you know it that person has participated in three passes and sold countless fivers and those cigars make it to general circulation. There are reasons for all of the rules and caution.