• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Best rum?

I'm in Europe now and the cheapest I was able to find it was in a liquor store in Athens for 160 Euros. Still too rich for me.

AVB said:
Next time you go to Europe you can find it for about $110

Strayvector said:
Would love to try the Zacapa 25 year old, but that one is out of my price range($200). 
[snapback]253899[/snapback]​
[snapback]253945[/snapback]​

Appleton Estate 21 y/o
Barbancourt 5 Star
Mont Gay Extra Old
Cockspur VROP

I collect good rum like good cigars :D

First good sipping rum i tried was Montecristo, and loved it, neat. Next i tried Ron Zacapa 15yo, and it was good, but a little too sweet. I'm finding i like the Guatamalan Rums, but they would be better if a little less sweet (took a bottle of Montecristo on a 7 night Alaskan float trip, and i can tell you that when you're in the middle of a tundra, and it's 40 degress and raining sideways, that Montecristo was unbelievable). I then got into the Venezulan rums, and they by far are my favorites. Diplamaticos, Pamperos, and Santa Teresa are the 3 i can remember really liking right now (i'm just starting on my 1st cup of coffee).

Also have tried and liked Cruzan single barrel, Pyrat XO reserve, and surprisingly, a Tennessee made rum, Pritchards, is very good, almost in between a rum and bourbon.

My journey into rum is just beginning :)

Cuban rum, is in stock here. they have an Anejo with govt seal of origin (down to one bottle), and a 7 year old. Sad thing is $28 CA here and only $3 CUC there :0

Sunward said:
Cuban rum, is in stock here. they have an Anejo with govt seal of origin (down to one bottle), and a 7 year old. Sad thing is $28 CA here and only $3 CUC there :0
[snapback]266379[/snapback]​

Not sure where "here" is but if you're in the US its not rum from Cuba.

Allofus123 said:
Sunward said:
[snapback]266379[/snapback]​

Not sure where "here" is but if you're in the US its not rum from Cuba.
[snapback]266382[/snapback]​

Im north of the border, liquor control board of Ontario, its legit ;)

When I was in Ecuador, I lived of HC and Appleton Estates. Those are my favorites so far. However, after reading some of the suggestions here, I have a few more to try.

I think you may not be reading what you have found. Stroh Original Rum 80 means that it is 80% alcohol or 160 proof. If you found that then you have it. If you can't find it then try here.

jaxstraww said:
Looking for Strohs 160 proof Butterscotch Rum from Austria. Does anyone know how to find this on the web? State stores have a Strohs 80 proof spiced rum but not the butterscotch one.

[snapback]253237[/snapback]​

NE-NE-NECRO POST!!!

So I received a shot of what I think was Stroh 80 at my buddy's restaurant. All he said was that it was Austrian and 160 proof. Well the shot tasted delicious and the resulting breath was like hell fire up my nostrils. I gotta get me some. I saw a bottle of Stroh 80 at the Total Wine but made the mistake of thinking it was only 80 proof.

I'm not one for spirits (I stick to beer and the occasional cocktail or few fingers of Jameson), but that shot was delicious. Butterscotch rum, eh? I guess that makes sense considering I thought I tasted caramel.