• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Black maple hill 23 yr old

carddoug

Banned
I think I've talked myself into buying a Bottle for 135. But I would like to hear a few more opinions on it first. Anyone? Lol

No opinion other than the only Black Maple I would consider, on a whim, would be the Van Winkle produced line.

I went a head and got it. Gosh! i hope it's good! lol

It's nice when you are able to talk yourself in to these types of purchases no? ;) I just did it recently when I picked up a bottle each of English Harbour 25 YO and 10 YO rums.

It's nice when you are able to talk yourself in to these types of purchases no? ;) I just did it recently when I picked up a bottle each of English Harbour 25 YO and 10 YO rums.

wow! never had rum before, How is it?

btw the black maple hill is pretty darn good. But I hope my dad and I wont go threw this bottle in a week like we did eagle rare. lol!

wow! never had rum before, How is it?

btw the black maple hill is pretty darn good. But I hope my dad and I wont go threw this bottle in a week like we did eagle rare. lol!

Rum is good...It's as varied as any other liquor out there. Try it some time. You might like it....just stay away from the usual suspects like Bacardi (except their 8 yo rum, which is rather good).

Nice. I actually went through the same should/shouldn't I? thing on Friday in trying to decide if I should get the Rittenhouse 25. Like you, I went for it. Hope you enjoy!

No opinion other than the only Black Maple I would consider, on a whim, would be the Van Winkle produced line.

2 totally different lines...Black Maple Hill is distilled by KBD, PVW/OldRip are Buffalo Trace production.......

2 totally different lines...Black Maple Hill is distilled by KBD, PVW/OldRip are Buffalo Trace production.......

Julian Van Winkle did do a Black Maple Hills bottling. He also said he would not be doing any more.

"Since my joint venture with BT, I know longer will be doing these "Non Van Winkle" bottlings such as Black Maple Hill.
Any label that has a Lawrenceburg address on it will be my whiskey. A Bardstown address means that it was bottled by Evan. I'm not sure what the whiskey is now.

Julian"

Yes, I know Julian well....He lives a few doors down from me. That was at least 8+ years ago...before he sold out to Buffalo Trace and signed an agreement with them not to work for others. BMH is produced by Kentucky Bourbon Distillers and Evan Kulsveen...and is probably a totally different recipe.

BMH is bottled by KBD, not distilled by them. BMH bought the whiskey on the market.

You didn't say if you got the bourbon or the rye. I did a review of the rye if you want to add to it.

BMH is bottled by KBD, not distilled by them. BMH bought the whiskey on the market.

You didn't say if you got the bourbon or the rye. I did a review of the rye if you want to add to it.

Dammit, where did you come from? You are correct it is bottled not distilled by them, although they are now very close producing their own stock at KBD, in a few years it will be their own....maybe.

Payless liquors in Indianapolis. They don't ship so you'll have to drive. I'd call to be sure first though.