• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Blind Cigar Review Thread #2

It blew me away how I thought it was such a mild cigar and then when I googled it later, the retailers were calling it an almost max full bodied cigar.

Not sure if their reviewers are wimps or if I shouldn't be giving advice on what I find to be a mild stick. Lol.

It blew me away how I thought it was such a mild cigar and then when I googled it later, the retailers were calling it an almost max full bodied cigar.

Not sure if their reviewers are wimps or if I shouldn't be giving advice on what I find to be a mild stick. Lol.

Sounded to me like you had a med-full bodied cigar by your review that was mild in strength. which would make since.
Separating body vs strength from a cigar are sometimes hard to do. Great review btw.

Sounded to me like you had a med-full bodied cigar by your review that was mild in strength. which would make since.
Separating body vs strength from a cigar are sometimes hard to do. Great review btw.

Interesting. I've always kind of gravitated more towards the stronger and fuller bodied sticks, so that could seriously skew my perception. More sticks must die a fiery death in order for me to pay more attention in the future.

Remember this had some age on it. If you were to smoke a fresh one, you'd likely notice a difference.

Remember this had some age on it. If you were to smoke a fresh one, you'd likely notice a difference.

I didn't realize that at the time, but based on what was said about the band looking like it was from several years back, it makes perfect sense.

To everyone that has offered up pointers and opinions, I am very appreciative.

I am continually amazed at how little I know, how much I didn't know what I didn't know, and how knowledgeable and helpful the forum is.

Enjoyable and honest! Top marks. :) I see you also got your tiny C of H Cohiba ashtray. Makes an OK pipe holder, too.

Enjoyable and honest! Top marks. :) I see you also got your tiny C of H Cohiba ashtray. Makes an OK pipe holder, too.

That was a birthday gift from a BOTL that has purchased from them in the past. I've not opened the door to Pandora's Box just yet...but I'm definitely inspired to try.

That was a birthday gift from a BOTL that has purchased from them in the past. I've not opened the door to Pandora's Box just yet...but I'm definitely inspired to try.
Do it, you won't regret it.

Here is my blind cigar review!

I will start out by saying that I know for sure that I have never smoked this cigar before this review. It has a very distinct look to it and a very unique pigtail cap, so I would remember if I had smoked one before. I will say, however, that based on the looks I had a pretty good idea of what this cigar may be before smoking it and revealing the band. I went to Reno shortly after Christmas and visited a few B&Ms there. While at one of the shops, a cigar had stuck out to me because of the funky twisted pigtail cap. Intrigued, because I had never seen a pigtail cap look like that before, I asked the guy about it. He then went on to tell me about Drew Estates and the history behind the Feral Flying Pig. My blind cigar looks just like the one at the shop, so based purely on looks alone, I assumed that it was in fact a Feral Flying Pig.

image.jpeg

It’s about 45 degrees out tonight with a clear sky and not a breeze in sight. I am trying to relax and clear my head, as it has been a fairly stressful and rough week. Well here goes!

Prelight: The cigar has a maduro wrapper and is nice and firm with no soft spots. The aroma is dry grass hay and pleasant barnyard with a slight sweetness to it. I clipped the little piggy’s tail off and made him go wee wee wee all the way home…and then I torched his ass :p Prior to lighting, I took a cold draw and I got spiciness to the lips and tasted hay, leather, and sweetness. As hard as the cigar feels, there is ample flow through it.

image.jpeg

First 1/3: My first impression of this cigar is that it is very spicy with a little bit of sweetness, followed by an unusually strong aftertaste that I cannot distinguish. It is leaving a black pepper flavor on my throat and I am also picking up on both a leather and rich barnyard taste. As I progress through the first third, the cigar is changing a little bit. The spiciness is still overpowering and the subtle sweetness is still present, but now I can taste a bit of bitterness. The smoke is also dramatically increasing. I would say it is a medium bodied, yet strong cigar at this point.

image.jpeg

Second 1/3: The spiciness has subsided some at this point, but I am getting some intermittent bursts of spiciness in the back of my throat. The sweetness is still present in the cigar, but it has evolved to a taste that resembles burnt sugar. I am still picking up on the leather and barnyard, but it is not as prevalent. The cigar is incredibly strong, full bodied and increasing. The force is strong with the ash, requiring me to vigorously tap it to get it off ;) :p

image.jpeg

Final 1/3: The cigar is still incredibly strong and only increasing. It is very spicy and I am tasting mostly black pepper at this point. I also feel like I am chewing on my leather sofa with each inhale of the cigar. My dog would definitely enjoy this :D The volume of smoke is also continuing to increase as I smoke. I would say that it is definitely very full bodied. At this point I am definitely feeling a nicotine buzz and wishing I had a bigger meal before smoking this bad boy :confused:

image.jpeg

Conclusion: Overall the cigar was very strong and had a lot of spicy-sweetness to it. It did not seem to evolve very much, except for the second third when the spiciness toned down a little bit. This is a lot stronger of a cigar than what I typically enjoy, but I can appreciate the intense flavors that this cigar had to offer.

Reveal: Upon opening the envelope, the cigar was in fact a Feral Flying Pig! And once again, I only knew that because of the unique pigtail cap and recently discovering it at a B&M. If it had not been for the unique shape of the cigar, I would have never been able to determine what it was. I am glad to have had the opportunity to try this cigar because I passed it up at the shop due to the strength description from the employee.

image.jpeg

Awesome review.

Those are serious smoke bombs, I swear it makes more smoke than any cigar I've ever smoked.

Well done review again, thanks.

Great review, I've gifted plenty of those and they each go with a warning to have a full stomach before lighting those beasts up. I enjoyed your comments a lot

Great review, I've gifted plenty of those and they each go with a warning to have a full stomach before lighting those beasts up. I enjoyed your comments a lot
Haha yea, it was definitely unlike anything I've ever had :)

Very nice review. Kudos for sticking that one out. :eek:I find the feral and the dirty rat to be way to strong a cigar for my preference.

Very nice review. I have really enjoyed this cigar in the past, but it definitely requires advanced planning.

I enjoyed your review! You didn't hazard a guess, though. Do we have a chicken icon? But you knew - is that a subtle way of guessing? :p

I used to smoke full on cigars but not so much now. The Tat Cojonu is about as strong as I like now. But it has a complexity and finesse that offsets the strength somehow.