• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Blind Cigar Review Thread #2

Well done review, enjoyed the read.

Here we go...........

But first a message to the sponsor, thank you emoshun.

I made the contemporaneous notes on Word last night and copied them here.

Time 19:23

Temp 72F

Inside at office

Pre-light not much of an aroma from the cigar but the cigar has a nice medium brown, with a slight reddish hue, toothy wrapper. From the pictures you should be able to see a bit of sheen, not overly oily. Pinching indicates that the roll is solid without any noticeable lumps and bumps. One prominent vein but not large at all.

upload_2016-4-6_10-3-35.jpeg
Sorry about the sideways photo but I tried all the different ways know of to get them right.
upload_2016-4-6_10-6-18.jpeg

Straight cut. Beast of cigar at 6” long and around 60 ring.

Light was a nice easy draw, not too loose copious amounts of smoke with a hint of black pepper on the front. Decent burn and smooth. Caught a glimpse of a spice at the end of a draw like coriander or some such thing. Kind of one dimensional at this point with a short but very pleasant tobacco flavor finish.
upload_2016-4-6_10-24-48.jpeg
upload_2016-4-6_10-25-50.jpeg
Great firm ash, and I mean that with all respect. As we are into the next bit the flavors seem to intensify and it has a bit longer finish. Some leathery notes are gaining more prominence. Nice even burn and the ash is at 1.5 inches. OOPS, ash fell off while returning the cigar to the rest on the ashtray, bummer, made a bit of a mess. 20:06, that’s about 40 minutes into the smoke and only an in and a half smoked. Started puffing a bit more frequently and noticed a bit more deeper flavor of oiled leather. Very enjoyable with a great burn. Still not very complex in terms of a wide variety of flavors at this point, just solid tobacco and leather. Still smoking smooth with no sharp edges.
upload_2016-4-6_10-28-24.jpeg
upload_2016-4-6_10-28-46.jpeg
upload_2016-4-6_10-29-17.jpeg
Reached the 3 inch mark at 20:27, so just about an hour in. Not much change in the flavor profile, still a solid tasting smoke. A little more pepper showing up in the 4th inch and a condensing of the leather flavor as would be expected from a good cigar. Longer finish noted with a bit more pepper but still consistent flavors.
upload_2016-4-6_10-30-41.jpeg
upload_2016-4-6_10-31-5.jpeg

Last 2.5 inches showed a bit of a burn issue at 21:00. Touched up with the torch. Ash is showing a bit of a tendency flake more than earlier. Flavor continues to intensify and become a bit more robust with the same leather and now an earthy goodness.

Note, reached max attachments continued on the next post.

Attachments

• upload_2016-4-6_10-25-20.jpeg
    upload_2016-4-6_10-25-20.jpeg
    31.4 KB · Views: 1
At 1 hour and 50 minutes there is an 1.5 inches left and now the flavors are starting to flatten out and lose a bit of depth. Still no bitter or unpleasant notes. Drank nothing and ate nothing while smoking this cigar. More intense flavor is back with some mushroom earthiness on the finish. Sadly the French burnt peanut flavor did not show up. Lol. Draw never changed, very consistent throughout. 5 stars for that. Cards still tied 5-5 with the Pirates in the 11th inning. Now at the 2 hour mark I am about to abort the mission. Touched it up just a bit at the end again. The burn was darn good throughout the 2 hours and the wrapper did not fail at the end.
upload_2016-4-6_10-35-23.jpeg
upload_2016-4-6_10-35-48.jpeg
upload_2016-4-6_10-36-21.jpeg
upload_2016-4-6_10-36-50.jpeg
upload_2016-4-6_10-37-32.jpeg
upload_2016-4-6_10-38-20.jpeg

At this point my guess, based on the flavor and construction is something LFD. Only because I have had a few and flavors are consistent with those even though I expected perhaps a full on Nicaraguan because of the wrapper. 21:26 last few puffs. Still quite tasty.

Thanks again emoshun, very nice cigar!

Last edited:
Here we go...........
..../snip
Sorry about the sideways photo but I tried all the different ways know of to get them right.

First off great start to a review. Looking forward to part two. As for the photos, it seems that all photos will only post in landscape mode. So that is the way I started taking the photos I post here.

First off great start to a review. Looking forward to part two. As for the photos, it seems that all photos will only post in landscape mode. So that is the way I started taking the photos I post here.

Ahh gotcha thanks. Oddly, when I look on the phone they are right side up!

Good job! It has about 5 years on it, I'm curious if that's when flattened out the flavor profile?

Thanks for the review!

Good job! It has about 5 years on it, I'm curious if that's when flattened out the flavor profile?

Thanks for the review!

What do you mean by that? What I meant was, the flavors flattened out a bit becoming a more one dimensional with a shorter, flatter finish. And by flatter finish (Finnish) I don't mean....upload_2016-4-6_14-16-22.png

Also, it was nice that it was aged because the cigar was very mellow.

Last edited:
What do you mean by that? What I meant was, the flavors flattened out a bit becoming a more one dimensional with a shorter, flatter finish. And by flatter finish (Finnish) I don't mean....View attachment 12402

Also, it was nice that it was aged because the cigar was very mellow.
I'm so glad you clarified that for me, because that's exactly what I thought you meant :confused::D

A multiple post review. Great job! I might use the multi-post format with a big cigar. Seems fitting.

At 1 hour and 50 minutes there is an 1.5 inches left and now the flavors are starting to flatten out and lose a bit of depth. Still no bitter or unpleasant notes. Drank nothing and ate nothing while smoking this cigar. More intense flavor is back with some mushroom earthiness on the finish. Sadly the French burnt peanut flavor did not show up. Lol. Draw never changed, very consistent throughout. 5 stars for that. Cards still tied 5-5 with the Pirates in the 11th inning. Now at the 2 hour mark I am about to abort the mission. Touched it up just a bit at the end again. The burn was darn good throughout the 2 hours and the wrapper did not fail at the end.
View attachment 12392
View attachment 12393
View attachment 12394
View attachment 12395
View attachment 12396
View attachment 12397

At this point my guess, based on the flavor and construction is something LFD. Only because I have had a few and flavors are consistent with those even though I expected perhaps a full on Nicaraguan because of the wrapper. 21:26 last few puffs. Still quite tasty.

Thanks again emoshun, very nice cigar!
Great review Larry...enjoyed it.

Finally got a beautiful day here and decided it was a good excuse to do my blind review. The little guy was down for a nap and the wife was out doing errands so out to the patio with cigar and baby monitor I went.

So here it is:

I received my blind stick from golfgar. Initial thoughts/observations upon inspection: A very well crafted cigar. Tightly packed and firm but not without a little give when squeezed. Flawless light brown wrapper and a triple cap. Slightest box press if you even want to call it that. All of these plus the light hay and honey aroma from the foot give me an impression that this is an ISOM stick. Size appears to be corona or petit corona-ish. Thats a new size released this year, if you didn't know...

Guess from the start is a Boli PC.

I clip the cap and take a cold draw. Nothing remarkable as far as flavors other than muted hay/grassy notes. As I set to toasting the foot the smoke coming off is really nicely fragrant. Nothing complex but just a good tobacco aroma, which I guess is the point, right?

First 3rd:
Cedary and medium strength. Firm draw but manageable. Very nice tobacco flavors and not harsh or bitter. Burn is dead on and the ash is gray and firm and holds on until I tap it off.

Second 3rd:
Still a very pleasant smoke, not super complex but very good. Milk chocolate and hay sweetness. Strength is building a little but not overwhelmingly so. Still going with Boli PC as my guess.

Final 3rd:
Strength has definitely picked up and I'm getting great toasty tobacco notes and hay notes. Had a bit of a small split in the wrapper but it took care of itself beautifully. Ash still holds til tapped off and burn stayed dead on through the whole smoke.

Overall: A very nice smoke, perfect for the early afternoon. I enjoyed the opportunity to smoke and review it!

Final guess: Boli PC.

And now for the pictures/reveal:
ACC08AA7-102E-4025-B0B7-BF6EC0BAA4E2.jpg

A6CF0AFE-D606-4CCA-BD06-0E109A0FDAE6.jpg

77F28401-6EAF-41D8-A01D-E341B700BDBF.jpg

2A7D29D4-4E42-4CA6-A198-1609232DFAD5.jpg

D82B2C74-8A04-4727-9749-6A2B2AD35D55.jpg

::::DRUMROLL:::::
7EF06CB5-BC17-40E1-B87D-C9D2E1AF2441.jpg

Well. I almost got it! Thanks again, golfgar, for the smoke!