• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Boom 2 for iMac~

I just had to share. :D

I've got Harmon Kardon Soundsticks with powered subwoofer hooked up to my iMac, but lately it seemed like Netflix and Amazon had really turned their volume down and even with my volume control maxed out, I just wasn't having a good time. Get the exhaust fan going in the window next to my desk and dialogue could be really hard to hear.

Did a little Googling and found it's a common complaint with the new iMacs. Also found a recommended app for it, Boom 2. I'm on a 7-day free trial right now, but oh, my, yes . . . I'm buying this!

Watched Mad Max: Fury Road with it installed and it was like having IMAX at home! Holy Crap! This is what the Harmon Kardon was supposed to sound like all along!

~Boar

This looks pretty cool. I have noticed the same thing with the volume. Also, a lot of the way they mix today often makes dialogue really unintelligible. Hoping the equalizer helps. Thanks!

Is it because the sound is compressed?

I honestly don't know. But when I say IMAX quality, I do mean IMAX. I'm getting the full surround sound effect that subwoofers are supposed to give you, and it all cranks up LOUD now. Totally worth the $15 they're going to want for it on Friday. :)

~Boar

I honestly don't know. But when I say IMAX quality, I do mean IMAX. I'm getting the full surround sound effect that subwoofers are supposed to give you, and it all cranks up LOUD now. Totally worth the $15 they're going to want for it on Friday. :)

~Boar
Are you outputting from your headphone jack or USB?